For those who combo DDWRT and Netduma, here is recommended setting

Chaiyoabc

1 hour ago, blackfirehawk said:

thats mostly the Anti aliasing setting.. with SMAA1 i get about 145-175 fps too

In 1080p it was showing 250fps with them settings. But I’d rather play in 1440p.

9 minutes ago, Sable said:

In 1080p it was showing 250fps with them settings. But I’d rather play in 1440p.

i dont know.. maybe the AA Filmic 2 setting is bugged and auto enable Raytracing on RTX Cards... 

i mean.. one setting with a difference of about 50 fps? thats way to much for only Anti aliasing

On 7/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, Knomax said:

Just experiment...trial and error....i will switch back to gargoyle...i set up it perfectly as you said.

Have you tried switching back to gargoyle? Your old settings are godly

10 minutes ago, iTzMoeMeister said:

Have you tried switching back to gargoyle? Your old settings are godly

Now i am using DumaOS 3...testing it to find bugs.I like experiment  with new things..new methods...new ideas to improve gaming.

Guest Cussiv
18 hours ago, Knomax said:

Now i am using DumaOS 3...testing it to find bugs.I like experiment  with new things..new methods...new ideas to improve gaming.

They are pretty great but having problem when I chromecast is streaming youtube. Without anything its pretty good. The problem is just that cod server goes as bulk in high. Maybe should change the chromecast to high instead?

• 1 month later...

Can't find a noob guide or video to flash the edgerouter x with openwrt. Too early to tell whether gameplay is better with this than the R2. I think your settings made it worse for me vs the default settings blackfirehawk (i think all i had to add was 5ms and 1514 in the quantum). Will play some more tomorrow and see how it goes, could have just been the laggy players i was vs.

On 9/11/2020 at 6:44 PM, jeanclaudedus said:

Hope u can find the best combination of Qos edgerouter x 

Publish here if u find... 

Best result is to lower bandwith

On 7/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, blackfirehawk said:

With edgeos on my edgerouter i can set Things Like burst rate, target, Intervall, flows, limit, fq_codel Quantum and HTB Quantum

I found the best settings for me are

Target:5ms 

Flows: 1024

Limit: 10240

FqCodel Quantum: 1514 Bytes

Htb quantum: 1514 Bytes

Does any one know if you can use these same setting in openwrt or how to if possible

I would love to try it

If you use netduma you can give your console around 50% bandwith, if you use gargoyle or tomato you can do the same. If it dosnt work try play wired or wifi. Still dosnt work then try without qos

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Is that similar to OpenWRT? If so, any custom settings you're using?

Yes, actually it's the predecessor of OpenWRT

Nothing special . Here is all my settings in one pic.

I use 90-95% Down/Up.

Maximum Priority to my PS4 only  (use /32 after it's IP address) and whenever I want to do some testing limiting it's bandwidth, I turn it to Manual.

I do not use UPnP or DMZ.

That's it.

DD-WRT.thumb.jpg.4dfbaf31544cbea8246aff61b8aaed2c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I followed a guide on setting up QoS for gaming on the inksysinfo forum. It didn't perform well with MW and I'm not sure I like how its QoS works, I had bad buffer bloat despite those settings cutting my download speed in half - how does my ping go all over the place when my speedtest is capped at 50Mbps? I hit 100Mbps+ with openwrt and dumaos with my ping sitting at 6ms throughout. Maybe because I only had the option of selecting sfq or pfifo (no fq_codel or cake)

I'll keep this router with FT in hopes of finding better settings for CW, then maybe I try flash something else on it. Maybe use it for openwrt if possible and chuck gargoyle on the ER-X instead. I've gone back to using the R2 with MW because no other router I have has given me games where the hit detection feels "crisp"