For those who combo DDWRT and Netduma, here is recommended setting

Chaiyoabc

1 hour ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

What’s your setup with the edge router X? Are you using a Netduma product with it?

I Use my rx300 in Access Point Mode (No QoS) for my WLAN devices.. edgerouter dosnt have wlan

And my PC is directly Connected to the edgerouter.. 

I dont Use the netduma geofilter, cause its very Buggy in my opinion and my pings are great anyway in the middle of Europe

27 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

I Use my rx300 in Access Point Mode (No QoS) for my WLAN devices.. edgerouter dosnt have wlan

And my PC is directly Connected to the edgerouter.. 

I dont Use the netduma geofilter, cause its very Buggy in my opinion and my pings are great anyway in the middle of Europe

Have a look at this, Might work well for you might not, It works well with my internet https://gist.github.com/nsapa/74ff69256f86381fd329

Guest Cussiv
2 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

are you using a netduma product as well or just the DD-WRT Router?

Just dd-wrt directly to fiber. I’m missing release/renew dhcp on netduma r1 og firmware. That will result in nattype strict. I need to order publik ip to each new device i connect to my fiber. If i do a reboot it bugs out and wont give me an ip adress to my router so i must do release and after renew dhcp when i have ordered a publik ip... when i have my ip i can do reboot without any problems

Guest Cussiv
4 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

Can you set additional fq_codel Parameters?

With edgeos on my edgerouter i can set Things Like burst rate, target, Intervall, flows, limit, fq_codel Quantum and HTB Quantum

I found the best settings for me are

Target:5ms 

Flows: 1024

Limit: 10240

FqCodel Quantum: 1514 Bytes

Htb quantum: 1514 Bytes

With that i have a very good hitdetection and No Instant deaths anymore.. i really only need a short 3-4 bullet burst to kill someone on midrange

No, dd-wrt is pretty simple qos. Nothing special tbh. If your settings work, try 5-7 games see if they are stable. If someone melts you that means he’s settings or router is better 😂

3 minutes ago, Cussiv said:

Just dd-wrt directly to fiber. I’m missing release/renew dhcp on netduma r1 og firmware. That will result in nattype strict. I need to order publik ip to each new device i connect to my fiber. If i do a reboot it bugs out and wont give me an ip adress to my router so i must do release and after renew dhcp when i have ordered a publik ip... when i have my ip i can do reboot without any problems

Okay, do you play Apex at all? I'm having a hard time with the lag comp 😕

Guest Cussiv
13 minutes ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

Okay, do you play Apex at all? I'm having a hard time with the lag comp 😕

No just CoD and some Battlefield. I had issues with Battlefield when I was playing with tomato. When I switched to gargoyle it didn’t seem to get melted anymore. I know netduma r1 was also good in battlefield 5. You could try gargoyle, try The 1.11 build. 

11 minutes ago, Cussiv said:

No just CoD and some Battlefield. I had issues with Battlefield when I was playing with tomato. When I switched to gargoyle it didn’t seem to get melted anymore. I know netduma r1 was also good in battlefield 5. You could try gargoyle, try The 1.11 build. 

I tried Gargoyle for MW and I just kept melting people it was so unfair, I used knomax settings, But for Apex is different 😕

Guest Cussiv
58 minutes ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

I tried Gargoyle for MW and I just kept melting people it was so unfair, I used knomax settings, But for Apex is different 😕

Lmao nice. Yeah, you could try disabling QoS and see how it goes. Or just adding maximum packet size 128, 256, 512, rules for uppload, I leave download at 100% or Knomax settings works great to, depends on which game

3 hours ago, DUMA BOLTON said:

Have a look at this, Might work well for you might not, It works well with my internet https://gist.github.com/nsapa/74ff69256f86381fd329

I have Seen this recommendation aswell..

Thats maybe good for bufferbloat.. and plays Not Bad at all..but i still had some First Shot First die moments with this settings

Fq quantum and Htb Quantum Set the max filesize the sheduler can Reorder and the datasize per queue

So with a Codel/htb Quantum of 300 you would Split a Paket to Reorder it later.. that maybe reduce bufferbloat.. but the Paket need to be reassambelt..

So i Stick with 1514 on both.. so that the sheduler dosnt need to Split Pakets..

Dont Trust the bufferbloat Test on DSLReports.. its Not very accurat.. 

I can do the Test 10 Times with 10 different Results.. Same setting in the Router

I Go after gameplay and how the Game feels..

1 hour ago, Cussiv said:

why the 1.11 build, does it perform better than the latest one (1.12) ??

Guest Cussiv
1 hour ago, 1conito said:

why the 1.11 build, does it perform better than the latest one (1.12) ??

I had better gaming experience with 1.11. It feelt more responsive and stable. 1.12 feelt more random, some games good and some terrible. 1.11 performed mostly same all the way. What I mean I could play for hours without having some huge bs.

Guest Cussiv
8 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

Hello , i have a linksys 3200 acm running davidc 502 openwrt build and i want to try dd-wrt anyone can tell what i have to do to flash openwrt to dd-wrt

Linksys 3200 have two partitions. You can use davids advanced boot to load the stock firmware if its not overwriten. If it is you have to flash back to stock manually then to dd-wrt. 

Manuall: you will have to download stock firmware for linksys 3200,

need to use winscp to put the firmware to your router. Use the location here /tmp/”Imagefile”

then login to putty and run this comnand: sysupgrade -F /tmp/”Imagefile”

done

14 hours ago, Cussiv said:

Try fast.com instead of dslreports for bufferbloat 

Bufferbloat is much easier to test.

Go into a game of Warzone Plunder, watch live ping and launch a speedtest from your network to the closest test server, ie from the speedtest app. That will give you a accurate result.

Because the in game ping on MW and BO4 are derived from the time intervals between UDP game packets arriving + frame time. So you're watching actual UDP traffic flow. These websites measure latency by issuing a HTTP Get command and measure the time for a response. 

Same with pingplotter, which uses ICMP ping. ICMP Ping, web traffic and game traffic are classed differently by traffic ques in the hubs you are passing through so they might not necessarily paint a accurate picture.

Another issue with sites like DSL reports etc is that they don't always max out your connection. Like I always get A+ on DSL reports on bufferbloat but that is not difficult if it's only getting 50mbit speed while I have 500 mbit line.

Guest Cussiv
20 minutes ago, Bert said:

Bufferbloat is much easier to test.

Go into a game of Warzone Plunder, watch live ping and launch a speedtest from your network to the closest test server, ie from the speedtest app. That will give you a accurate result.

Because the in game ping on MW and BO4 are derived from the time intervals between UDP game packets arriving + frame time. So you're watching actual UDP traffic flow. These websites measure latency by issuing a HTTP Get command and measure the time for a response. 

Same with pingplotter, which uses ICMP ping. ICMP Ping, web traffic and game traffic are classed differently by traffic ques in the hubs you are passing through so they might not necessarily paint a accurate picture.

Another issue with sites like DSL reports etc is that they don't always max out your connection. Like I always get A+ on DSL reports on bufferbloat but that is not difficult if it's only getting 50mbit speed while I have 500 mbit line.

True, I haven’t done this test for awhile because I don’t think bufferbloat really matters. These games are more like ”if you have the right settings your the god”. I have played without QoS and had great gaming experience even when my Chromecast is on. I remember now that I used to open cmd, ping etc google or ”ping 8.8.8.8 -t” and do a speedtest and see if the ping spikes or nah.

I think QoS is not always effective especially on download. So really it just depends on your needs. I think it adds another layer of processing that is not always needed.

I am running R1 DumaOS 3.0 with QOS disabled at the moment and the game plays fine, possibly even better than with QoS enabled. There is something that I haven't figured out yet and that is that the QoS lights stay lit even with the option QoS off. So I wonder if the PFIFO stays active, it's just the balancing between applications / devices that is off.

5 hours ago, Cussiv said:

Linksys 3200 have two partitions. You can use davids advanced boot to load the stock firmware if its not overwriten. If it is you have to flash back to stock manually then to dd-wrt. 

Manuall: you will have to download stock firmware for linksys 3200,

need to use winscp to put the firmware to your router. Use the location here /tmp/”Imagefile”

then login to putty and run this comnand: sysupgrade -F /tmp/”Imagefile”

done

You are the men Cussiv, thanks

On 7/19/2020 at 11:14 AM, blackfirehawk said:

Can you set additional fq_codel Parameters?

With edgeos on my edgerouter i can set Things Like burst rate, target, Intervall, flows, limit, fq_codel Quantum and HTB Quantum

I found the best settings for me are

Target:5ms 

Flows: 1024

Limit: 10240

FqCodel Quantum: 1514 Bytes

Htb quantum: 1514 Bytes

With that i have a very good hitdetection and No Instant deaths anymore.. i really only need a short 3-4 bullet burst to kill someone on midrange

Are these the default settings? Might try them my self :)