NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GEO-FENCING

• Administrators
15 hours ago, gkontos10 said:

Estimate date for DumaOS 3.0 and phone app?? 

We don't have an estimated date at the moment but we are planning to do a beta soon!

12 hours ago, ToOFeduP said:

How  about we get it already along with so many bug issues that's been on this expensive router?.. sticking with this router since day 1 of purchase due to all cool features that's implemented on the xr500 but performance wise is still questionable as i too am waiting for the new update that hopefully will deliver...

It takes time to work on such a big update, this update will allow us to make faster changes to individual Rapps, allowing us to fix issues much quicker than before without doing a firmware update.

Regarding the app, since my PC is often occupied by my brother, can you in the meantime make it so that if I open routerlogin.net, I don't enter a login loop while using mobile browsers, please? It completely screws my mobile phone, and it logs out every time my screen goes black!

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, OverTheReminds said:

Regarding the app, since my PC is often occupied by my brother, can you in the meantime make it so that if I open routerlogin.net, I don't enter a login loop while using mobile browsers, please? It completely screws my mobile phone, and it logs out every time my screen goes black!

That's the way the login works unfortunately and we haven't had proper mobile support the entire time which is why we're making a phone app now. We're too far into 3.0 now to pivot and do an update.

Ummmm... all servers are not created equal? And the one next to some is not of good quality?.... what should we do if we run into that problem? And by the way, nice layout for the upcoming news. Cant wait to try geo-fencing out. Gives us something different besides the circle, LOL! 

On 4/3/2020 at 7:03 PM, ToOFeduP said:

How  about we get it already along with so many bug issues that's been on this expensive router?.. sticking with this router since day 1 of purchase due to all cool features that's implemented on the xr500 but performance wise is still questionable as i too am waiting for the new update that hopefully will deliver...

I totally agree with you. Have you heard of the phrase "less is more"? In my experience with netduma, the only difference between the r1 and xr500 is the wifi, LOL! Which is helpful for me because I have a family of 5, and everyone could benefit from good wifi 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, A1_Boston said:

Ummmm... all servers are not created equal? And the one next to some is not of good quality?.... what should we do if we run into that problem? And by the way, nice layout for the upcoming news. Cant wait to try geo-fencing out. Gives us something different besides the circle, LOL! 

Well that's the point, with this feature you'll be able to draw custom areas to allow servers within so you could put it wherever you like. That way instead of encompassing servers that are both good and bad in your radius you can just select areas where you know the servers are good.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well that's the point, with this feature you'll be able to draw custom areas to allow servers within so you could put it wherever you like. That way instead of encompassing servers that are both good and bad in your radius you can just select areas where you know the servers are good.

So out of curiosity; how do I find a server that is "good"? For years, Ive been connecting to the Jersey server (COD), and been complaining about how trash it is. I really though location to the server was the right thing to do, since distance and ping are important. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, A1_Boston said:

So out of curiosity; how do I find a server that is "good"? For years, Ive been connecting to the Jersey server (COD), and been complaining about how trash it is. I really though location to the server was the right thing to do, since distance and ping are important. 

At the moment, trial and error. Forcing different servers around you and see what plays best for you. If a server has low ping but is under heavy load then it may not play as well as say a server with slightly higher ping but not under load. In DumaOS 3.0 there may be a feature that will help you determine which servers are better... 🤐

Hi there,

I'd like the dumo os beta firmware as soon as possible please,

As well as owning the XR500,R1 i have an archer AC5400X and have had the Asus ROG AX11000.

So i could do alot of testing on this and provide feedback, Just send me a message or email with the link.

Regards

9 hours ago, chand93 said:

Hola,

Me gustaría el firmware beta de dumo os lo antes posible, por favor,

Además de poseer el XR500, R1 tengo un arquero AC5400X y he tenido el Asus ROG AX11000.

Así que podría hacer muchas pruebas sobre esto y proporcionar comentarios, solo envíeme un mensaje o correo electrónico con el enlace.

Saludos

Hola podias decirme cual recomiendas?

oui restez a l écoute et fraser vous donnera quelques infos dans 3 a 6 mois....quelle blague ......

je retourne a la vraie vie ,la ou les constructeurs de routeur ont de vraies mise a jour et pas que des promesses de mise a jour.

yes stay tuned and fraser will give you some info in 3 to 6 months .... what a joke ......

I go back to real life, where the router manufacturers have real updates and not only promises of updates.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

With the version 3.0 it will be fix the issue with the PS chat party? This is the reason that for months now I turn it off the feature because every time I have to set spectate before enter to chat party.

That doesn't require a firmware upgrade, all that is needed is a cloud update. Have you added your friends to your allow list?