NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GEO-FENCING

Bonjour j'ai le même problème que lui et c'est lourd et j'ai bien ajouté mes amis à ma liste d'autorisation et ça ne change rien du tout il faut mettre en mode spectateur quitter le chat et revenir dans le chat pour entendre mes amis et remettre en mode filtrage tout ça depuis la mise à jour du chat psn a 18 joueurs

Edited by TweakZzy
Faute de frappe

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That doesn't require a firmware upgrade, all that is needed is a cloud update. Have you added your friends to your allow list?

Hi Fraser!

Before the update the Sony did 7.00 I have no issue with the chat party. I hadn’t add my friends that are in the filter area to the list. I tried also to add my friends and didn’t worked. The only way is to set spectate before enter to chat party and if someone join after me I have to move out from the party to add spectate and re join again... 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TweakZzy said:

Bonjour j'ai le même problème que lui et c'est lourd et j'ai bien ajouté mes amis à ma liste d'autorisation et ça ne change rien du tout il faut mettre en mode spectateur quitter le chat et revenir dans le chat pour entendre mes amis et remettre en mode filtrage tout ça depuis la mise à jour du chat psn a 18 joueurs

45 minutes ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi Fraser!

Before the update the Sony did 7.00 I have no issue with the chat party. I hadn’t add my friends that are in the filter area to the list. I tried also to add my friends and didn’t worked. The only way is to set spectate before enter to chat party and if someone join after me I have to move out from the party to add spectate and re join again... 

Hello, welcome to the forum TweakZzy!

When you're unable to chat, look at the map, do you see anything block at all? You may have to be quick as it can disappear fast.
-
Bonjour, bienvenue sur le forum TweakZzy!

Lorsque vous ne parvenez pas à discuter, regardez la carte, voyez-vous quelque chose qui bloque? Vous devrez peut-être être rapide car il peut disparaître rapidement.

Le souci c'est que ça ne le fesait pas avant donc même si ça bloque ou quoi c'est la maj psn psn chat avec 18 slot qui a dût changer quelque chose choisi le serveur chat semble au US

• Administrators

Ce serveur américain est déjà autorisé, donc ce ne sera pas le cas et je ne vois pas si quelque chose d'autre est bloqué, si vous prenez une capture d'écran, vous allez probablement le manquer, jetez un coup d'œil à l'aide d'un PC si possible.
-
That US server is already allowed so it won't be that and I can't see if there is anything else blocked, if you're taking a screenshot you'll probably miss it, just take a look using a PC if possible.

• Administrators

Si vous rencontrez des problèmes de décalage, créez un nouveau sujet et nous pouvons parcourir vos paramètres et voir où vous pouvez optimiser.
-
If you're having lag issues make a new topic and we can go through your settings and see where you can optimise.

On 4/4/2020 at 1:43 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't have an estimated date at the moment but we are planning to do a beta soon!

It takes time to work on such a big update, this update will allow us to make faster changes to individual Rapps, allowing us to fix issues much quicker than before without doing a firmware update.

I am sorry to crash in again in a different thread. But you closed the last thread when I criticized your handling of support for XR700. It is interesting that the only thing you do is feature updates. The first post on Netduma 3.0 future was made on the 1st of October. You published this last feature update on the 3rd of April. Why didn't you publish it on the 1st of April? It would have been not only exactly 6 months on the day since the declaration of the great features of DumaOS and all the great features that would make every other router blush and crawl into a hole out of shame, but it would also have been perfect for "APRIL FOOL'S DAY"

We all bought an unfinished product. Promises of RAPPS that still are... shall we say non-existent I know, I'm going back to the same thing again... that theme button to change the red color. Not even that have you been able to change in all this time. Lets not mention the freeze-up I get in the OS not being able to login. So yes, i feel like a fool, but don't worry. I'm quite sure I'm not alone.

Two simple questions:

When will beta start? 

When will the release come out?

Do you even have a schedule or do you make things up ad-hoc as you go? Just curious... And so are the Netgear folks I've been talking to.

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hello, welcome to the forum TweakZzy!

When you're unable to chat, look at the map, do you see anything block at all? You may have to be quick as it can disappear fast.
-
Bonjour, bienvenue sur le forum TweakZzy!

Lorsque vous ne parvenez pas à discuter, regardez la carte, voyez-vous quelque chose qui bloque? Vous devrez peut-être être rapide car il peut disparaître rapidement.

There is nothing block on the map. 

• Administrators

There are no extra servers you notice when in Spectating Mode and can hear people vs when you can't?

22 hours ago, OverTheReminds said:

Are these features releasing for the XR500 as well? 

Yes they will be.

Non pas d'autre serveurs j'ai arrêté d'utiliser ce router et netduma OS comme je l'ai déjà dis c'est gadget aucune différence avec le router de mon FAI seul et la au moin le chat party fonctionne 

• Administrators

Désolé d'entendre cela, nous espérons que vous nous considérerez à nouveau lorsque la nouvelle mise à jour sera disponible. Nous allons examiner le problème du chat.
-
Sorry to hear that, we hope you'll consider us again when the new update is available. We'll look into the chat issue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
42 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

how many boxes can you draw? will it come with different profiles for different games?

There will be a point value - point being the point at which two lines join. So for example if you drew a square or rectangle that would take up 4 points. You'll have 50 points to play with so plenty of shapes and custom areas you can make. The idea is that you make these yourself so there aren't any profiles for them, if you want to use profiles then you can still use the normal radius.

This was suggested in the first week the geo-filter came out, took a long while but its finally here haha. The feature will highly depend on the accuracy of the server list, will we see more frequent updates then?

Also now im curious about Anti Jitter and Anti Spike ;).

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Od1n said:

This was suggested in the first week the geo-filter came out, took a long while but its finally here haha. The feature will highly depend on the accuracy of the server list, will we see more frequent updates then?

Also now im curious about Anti Jitter and Anti Spike ;).

With more time freed up after release we should be able to sort out more cloud updates when they're needed.

The Netduma R1 will be updated first but that thing is almost a fossile. Then of course you can upgrade to another version, but then you wait even longer on a update, on average 1.5 years or more. More and more games are being played on Dedicated servers and people all around the world have way better and faster internet then even 1.5 year ago, which makes a lot of the Netduma focussed features obsolete. They are still busy implementing long and awaited features (from 2.5 years ago) or still havent fixed issues and bugs that are around just as long.

But I think that by now we should have seen (new) features that matter today. Cloud options, Hybrid VPN for all routers and one that works flawlessly, Anti Jitter, Downloading and commanding router from outside the house. Better security options. Device Manager that lets you actually remove devices! Especially if they already left my house 8 months ago, I understand I can reset it, but I sell between 20 to 50 laptops a week and everytime I have issues to remove a device from the list.

We have also used a Netduma in our Airbnb so natural that spot will see a lot of people and everytime I have to reset it and then remove all the devices one by one. I now swapped the Netduma with a Asus Rog and it automatically deletes a device that doesnt't connect to it after 72 hours, perfect! I can control everything in that house with it or connect everything to it without a problem. Micro managment is what we need and not half baked options that even after 1.5 year still dont work without issues. Especially on the XR500. 

Portforwarding, Hybrid VPN, Device Manager, Ping Asist, everything looks outdated and is glitchy as hell. I have a issue where all my Hybrid VPN settings would dissapear everytime. The Netduma team was like: we looked into it and we could re-create the same issue also on our side, we hope we will have a fix for this soon, sorry. That was 14 months ago and it still happens it is crazy.

I have friends and family members that bought the NetdumaR1 and XR500 because of me. They don't roam the forums and keep asking me about updates I showed them were already be in the pipe line and on there way more then 2 years ago! 

• Administrators

I totally understand your comments and concerns, I am confident that with DumaOS 3.0 we're implementing more features that people need/can benefit from regardless of their connection speeds/what games they are playing. I also believe the future proofing we're doing on this version will pave the way to allow it to become one of the best supported/innovative routers out there. I understand that words may not be enough which is why we're heads down on this and will let the firmware do the speaking once it is available.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I totally understand your comments and concerns, I am confident that with DumaOS 3.0 we're implementing more features that people need/can benefit from regardless of their connection speeds/what games they are playing. I also believe the future proofing we're doing on this version will pave the way to allow it to become one of the best supported/innovative routers out there. I understand that words may not be enough which is why we're heads down on this and will let the firmware do the speaking once it is available.

If Netduma understand peoples comments and concerns and believe in future proofing and are so busy with their heads down all the time then,

Why to this day do the xr series routers still have the same buggy problems they have had since the release date with the features that were advertised out of the box?

Do you guys at netduma not think it is patronising to your loyal fanbase to keep only offering us broken promises and absurd timeframes?

Isn't it about time you showed your loyal fanbase some compassion?

• 2 weeks later...

XR700 is now permanently back to the store. It wasn't hard to explain the shortcomings of the system which under warranty means the product has to deliver what is promised. 8 months is enough for the company to rectify things if they don't work properly. I have given you guys that, but I see no end to it.

My search will now be on again for a premium router that actually delivers what is promised out of the box. Not 2 years later.

Never again will I buy a router where I depend only on the manufacturer. I will make sure it can be flashed with 3rd party OS if the parent company can not provide functional OS. 

Mement said it was about time to show compassion for your fanbase and customers. I would like to rephrase that into: It's about time the company shows respect to their clients. We entered an agreement when we bought your product, but that agreement has never been fulfilled. 

I'm done here. No more NetDumbOS for me, thank you very much. 

I wish you all good luck in a non-sarcastic way.