NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GEO-FENCING

Guest Killhippie
On 5/18/2020 at 5:09 PM, BSdetector said:

XR700 is now permanently back to the store. It wasn't hard to explain the shortcomings of the system which under warranty means the product has to deliver what is promised. 8 months is enough for the company to rectify things if they don't work properly. I have given you guys that, but I see no end to it.

My search will now be on again for a premium router that actually delivers what is promised out of the box. Not 2 years later.

Never again will I buy a router where I depend only on the manufacturer. I will make sure it can be flashed with 3rd party OS if the parent company can not provide functional OS. 

Mement said it was about time to show compassion for your fanbase and customers. I would like to rephrase that into: It's about time the company shows respect to their clients. We entered an agreement when we bought your product, but that agreement has never been fulfilled. 

I'm done here. No more NetDumbOS for me, thank you very much. 

I wish you all good luck in a non-sarcastic way. 

Just one thing, you do realise that the XR700 was a Netgear router flashed with third party Neduma software, I would say you want a router that actually relies on a single manufacturer in your case. ;)

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, GT9484 said:

any idea on time frame? geo filter for MW  is basically not working ... could do with this new firmware 

We're not giving any deadlines but you can still move the home location/radius to capture any servers you want to force.

Add a feature where you can force/choose dedicated server (geofilter, -fencer on) or peer or both as the only connection type. Don't know if it helps in general but my experience lately is that peer cons are mostly pure sh*te, no matter geo-filter or ping-assist. 

• Administrators
On 5/22/2020 at 9:49 PM, GT9484 said:

are you sure it forces servers? does not look like it to me

On 5/23/2020 at 7:38 PM, GT9484 said:

no response...? this feature is supposed to stop connections out with a defined area... it does not matter how i try and do it i always connect to South England. now i'm using openwrt for my sqm-qos  and i was only using duma for geo filtering, but it seems it cant even do that now. really disapointed

You're using Auto Ping which has allow a host within your ping limit. If you don't want it to do that then turn Ping Assist to 0 and it will use the radius exclusively.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Matthew_D said:

Hey netduma Fraser is it possible to add me to the list to try out the beta when you guys release it if possible for the xr500 please!!

You can sign up for the beta here: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html 

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

Are all the people like myself who applied for the beta before this page was made still there near the top of the list? 

I think its more of a case of when its released if you have been accepted for the beta you can download it, rather than placement on a list.

2 hours ago, Killhippie said:

I think its more of a case of when its released if you have been accepted for the beta you can download it, rather than placement on a list.

Oof! It's random? RIGGGEDDD 😅

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You would be contacted via email if you were selected - testers have not yet been selected.

Can I find out if I'm on the beta list for R1?