NEW FEATURE ANNOUNCEMENT: GEO-FENCING

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Singhfps said:

How to sign up for beta ?

1 hour ago, Sherman85 said:

So this thread and Alex's posts don't count?

It was never meant to be a signup post but people were registering their interest there, much easier for everyone to use the form when not everyone uses the forum.

Not gonna lie, this feature is gonna come in really handy for where I live and how the server banks are set up simply because some of the closer ones are terrible and a different server bank in the same state are really good, so this feature will be really useful.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, fuzzy clam said:

Not gonna lie, this feature is gonna come in really handy for where I live and how the server banks are set up simply because some of the closer ones are terrible and a different server bank in the same state are really good, so this feature will be really useful.

i thought the geo-filter does what you want already no? If i did not know any better i thought that would consist of, allow and deny but i'm not sure.

If i'm right, what would be the benefits of having this new feature or do better than what you have now?  Would anyone care to explain?

22 hours ago, CableGames22 said:

i thought the geo-filter does what you want already no? If i did not know any better i thought that would consist of, allow and deny but i'm not sure.

If i'm right, what would be the benefits of having this new feature or do better than what you have now?  Would anyone care to explain?

For me the allow/deny feature is extremely unreliable. After a router restart I have to re ping and allow/deny each server again in order for this feature to recognize my choices..

Tbh, the entire geo location feature is unreliable for me. Most of the time it won't recognize necessary data centers like it's suppose to, so the feature will block them. Also, when I'm in a party with friends it'll mark my friends as my primary server and screw everything up.

So hopefully they are revamping the entire feature because this is the main feature that drew me in but I can't even use it..

On 6/6/2020 at 5:30 PM, CableGames22 said:

I'll explain it from just my experience and it will be kind of a long post but it's the only way I can explain it, so sorry in advance...there is a huge dedi bank 50 actual miles from my house. This particular server bank is in northern Illinois, some of the servers in the bank are good some are not. There are lots of different servers (by ID number ) in a server bank and some are good and some are not. There is also an overflow dedi bank in southern Illinois and it always runs pretty consistent. So that would be my preference to play on even though it's farther, it's more stable to game on. And the way the state is shaped it's almost impossible to get the far southern dedi bank inside my geo filter without getting the northern dedi bank in with it. Yes I could move my home location down south and get just the southern dedi but my circle would  literally be about the size of a dime and limit anything other that that server but since it's an overflow it's not up all the time and your not gonna pick up any P2P games in a circle that big and you miss out on some other decent servers in different areas. So if you can actually draw your geo filter fence any shape you want it, you can avoid the banks that aren't stable and basically only hit the good ones. And your experience may be different than mine but that's why I would find the geo filter fencing to be really helpful. Again this is just my situation. I hope that helped explain it.