COD MW Packet Burst

ksubi

• 3 weeks later...

@GHOST-1-EC @East @Netduma Fraser @Mobel

I am only now seeing this discussion, which has my problem as its title, so from today I will only write about it here.
I also kindly ask you to write to me only here about this, both not to follow any more topics and not to create confusion for us and for the people who will come maybe later.
I am still having the packet burst, but not as before (much less and with smaller stutterings when they occur).
Here are my rules and steps to apply them correctly.
I remember that the rules are to be created in traffic priority. XXXX stands for your udp port, it depends on the device you play with (3074 ps4 and pc, 3075 xbox).

Delete all existing rules and deselect games classified dumaos;

Turn off the router, wait 1 minute and unplug the power from the router and not from the socket (this step should restore the router cache, we recommend not to do it often) wait 2 minutes and unplug and turn on the router;

go to traffic priority and write these rules (these are my rules that work for my connection and my game, I hope they work for you too but it's not safe, it depends on many things)

First rule

Source XXXX : XXXX
Destination 50000 : 65000
UDP Protocol

Second rule

Source 50000 : 65000
Destination XXXX : XXXX
UDP Protocol

I hope it will be of help to many of you and if you decide to try it I invite you to write whether or not it worked for you.

Thank you @East @GHOST-1-EC @kinel for pointing me in the right direction.

• Administrators

Have you looked to see if you still get the issue with your manual rules removed and just by using DumaOS Classified Games? Also what are the rest of your QoS settings? Have you throttled the console too much for example.

Hello @Netduma Fraser ,

yes I tried a lot of things including this and also ps4 console games but they didn't work.
For now the rule that I recommended remains the only one that gives me less problems but still somewhere remains some traffic that is buffered and unfortunately I can not use wireshark. I tried to ask for help to other users but except @kinel who answered me but who can't help me nobody answered me.
By now I only hope in the cloud update from you.
By the way, when is the release scheduled?

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Daniele said:

Hello @Netduma Fraser ,

yes I tried a lot of things including this and also ps4 console games but they didn't work.
For now the rule that I recommended remains the only one that gives me less problems but still somewhere remains some traffic that is buffered and unfortunately I can not use wireshark. I tried to ask for help to other users but except @kinel who answered me but who can't help me nobody answered me.
By now I only hope in the cloud update from you.
By the way, when is the release scheduled?

I just had a look at your original topic. Could you disable QoS completely in the Anti-Bufferbloat options menu please and then see if you see the same issue? The cloud will only correctly classify servers and move them to the correct locations, it does nothing to the connections.

On 1/8/2020 at 7:44 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I just had a look at your original topic. Could you disable QoS completely in the Anti-Bufferbloat options menu please and then see if you see the same issue? The cloud will only correctly classify servers and move them to the correct locations, it does nothing to the connections.

Hello Fraser, 
I waited a while before answering to run some tests.
Deactivating the qos the problem decreases but is always present, it is not present by downgrading to version 1.0.1.10 (qos active).
I also tried version 1.0.1.18 but the problem is always present.
Unfortunately I updated again because in version 1.0.1.10 ping assist doesn't do its job.
This makes me think that if I changed routers I would solve the problem but that's not what I want, so please listen to netgear to solve this problem.

PS: I was wondering if it was normal for the router to report an update even though there are none available. I enclose image

Schermata 2020-01-11 alle 15.02.36.png

• Administrators

Usually if QoS is disabled and there is still an issue it can point to modem/ISP issues. I've just seen you have PPPoE which may be the cause. Do you have a router you can put between the modem/XR router to handle PPPoE at all? That's fine, that our upgrade feature, it's just a minor aesthetic error.

I don't have a modem, maybe as a modem does the ont? 
That's the way I am:

• fiber cable
  • ont
  • xr700

This is all I have.
I understand what you're saying, but how do you explain it then that if I downgrade to version 1.0.1.10 the problem is gone? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't really make sense at all why that version would work better. If there are no other devices using the internet at all do you experience the issues?

Yeah unfortunately, it doesn't change.
Just to try it out thinking maybe the connection had been touched by my isp I went to play a game on bo4 after 3 months...no problem, no lag.
I don't know what to think anymore.

• Administrators

If that's the case then it isn't a congestion issue, have you done tests directly through the modem using PingPlotter? After that BO4 game go back to MW do you have the issue? If so then its the servers you're connecting to that are definitely the cause.

From my observation this seems to be a server issue 

using pingplotter to monitor my connection while gaming my jitter is minimal. 

yet monitoring my ping on the duma graph sometimes the game icons will appear only if I see the graph spike to say 40-80

Happens more often on certain servers than others

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If that's the case then it isn't a congestion issue, have you done tests directly through the modem using PingPlotter? After that BO4 game go back to MW do you have the issue? If so then its the servers you're connecting to that are definitely the cause.

I can run a pingplotter if you want while I play and share it, but it's not about the server. 
I rarely play alone and all my friends have no problems.
Plus I can say that it also happens when we play custom games.
So the servers have nothing to do with it, I enclose a picture of the servers I connect to.
And then I repeat, when I downgrade the firmware the problem is no longer there but I can't use ping assist because on firmware 1.0.1.10 it doesn't do its job well.
One thing I had read, I don't remember if here or on reddit, is that you think that who has very fast connections shares them with the servers for the high demand, but is it ever possible something like this? I don't think so because otherwise it wouldn't explain why on that previous version the problem doesn't arise.
Inside the firmware only you technically know what can be changed and I ask you to please analyze it.
As said before also in beta version 1.0.1.18 the problem is present, an extra clue to start from?! If you want to and can do it, then I don't know where your work ends and netgear's work begins.

Schermata 2020-01-04 alle 20.19.55.png

Premise, I'm not interested in advertising is only for demonstration purposes of the problem and I don't know how to cut the names in the videos.
They are randomly recorded videos to have fun with friends.
I'm sorry I accidentally deleted the private one where you could also see the problem, I host or my friend doesn't change.
In this video of mw the problem is there but it affects little both the number and the importance of stuttering. 
If it may be useful I will bring others where you see the importance and number of stuttering.

• Administrators

I mean PingPlotter tests when directly connected to the modem and nothing else using the internet would be best. What is the ping to those servers? Are you saying these two videos show the issue you're having? If so then I am now very confused about what your issue is as it all looked absolutely fine to me, if not pretty good.

The 2 videos I shared last night made by chance, not for the problem, I put them to show you that on bo4 everything runs smoothly, while on mw there are 2 small stuttering. The problem has improved a lot with those much-discussed traffic priority rules, but they're still there sometimes a few and sometimes a lot smaller.
My ping assist is set to 35 and on the servers the game is from 38 to 48 max 50 but only sometimes.
I enclose a ping plotter screen.
Video mw:
stutter 1 see 35 to 40 seconds
stuttering 2 see 45 to 55 seconds (in this case first there is stuttering and then the 3 squares appear)
I repeat, these are small and there are only 2 in a round, let alone 2 in a whole game. 
As for the servers, I hope the translator is helping me, stuttering happens in private games.

Schermata 2020-01-12 alle 14.34.59.png

• Administrators

Judging from your PingPlotter your base ping is 30ms which means you should expect your game ping to be at least 40-50ms so your ping is actually optimal for your connection. I did see the icon between 35-40 seconds but didn't see it after that and I didn't see any stutters. I can't recall but do you play via ethernet cable? Have you tried using the Geo-Filter without ping assist?

Cable game. 
Yes, I've tried playing with the beam on the French server and the Spanish server but it doesn't change. 
I also tried to play without geo filter but it doesn't change.
Believe me when I tell you that in these 3 months I really tried them all and I don't think I forgot anything but the advice is always welcome, maybe I forgot something or there is something I don't know.
I just finished playing and I've had a lot of stuttering, some of them very strong and I saved the videos, when I cut them I'll share them.
Nobody was using the connection, just ps4 connected.

• Administrators

Your base connection is stable so that won't be it. If you just had the one device online then it shouldn't be local congestion either, did you double check the network monitor at the time? It really points to the game/server you're playing as BO4 was fine for you. Maybe try forcing servers even further than you would normally and see if that makes any difference whatsoever.

Daniele is right I get the 3 squares and stuttering also in private match when i start it alone with no bots no friends only me in the map.

It is doing it exactly as in the pub lobbies.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Daniele is right I get the 3 squares and stuttering also in private match when i start it alone with no bots no friends only me in the map.

It is doing it exactly as in the pub lobbies.

If that's the case there is something seriously weird going on, there shouldn't even be a chance for you to lag in that situation. It must be the connection to the server, thats all it could be.

Yes Fraser I can make a video for you guys in an hour I am home and show you guys.

It is doing it also randomly sometimes when u running and sliding around corners strange I dont know how to explain it. 

But in the private match i have no enemies to interact with even no bots, and still the 3 squares pop up and the stutter (lag) (hitch) kicks in.

Definitely have to check this out, maybe it is also a good one that we can tweak our connection with in the private match to get rid off the 3 squares.

And I am gonna do the test with only the PS4 and my laptop connected to the router ALL other devices in house disconnected to the router, PS4 wired to the router 500/40 cable line, around 10ms base ping. 

U guys will see for yourself.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Yes Fraser I can make a video for you guys in an hour I am home and show you guys.

It is doing it also randomly sometimes when u running and sliding around corners strange I dont know how to explain it. 

But in the private match i have no enemies to interact with even no bots, and still the 3 squares pop up and the stutter (lag) (hitch) kicks in.

Definitely have to check this out, maybe it is also a good one that we can tweak our connection with in the private match to get rid off the 3 squares.

I'd be very interested to see this, thanks. Could you also see what the ping is on the Geo-Filter please and see if there are any spikes when you get those issues.