COD MW Packet Burst

ksubi

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Your plots look perfect, fairly high base ping of 30ms so game ping would probably be around 40-50ms but that shouldn't cause you to lag. No packet loss, jitter or spikes so it can't be the connection on your side. @Mobel have you tried a previous firmware to see if it works better for you like Daniele said?

I confirm ping around 40/50 in the game without any higher peak, always the same and actually often is 35/45.
Sorry for the delay, but as promised here are the lag videos.
As you can imagine it took a while to cut them all for this I was late, please watch them all please each video lasts a few seconds.
You'll be able to see the more serious ones and the less serious ones.

In the meantime, my friends play nice and smooth.

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Daniele said:

I confirm ping around 40/50 in the game without any higher peak, always the same and actually often is 35/45.
Sorry for the delay, but as promised here are the lag videos.
As you can imagine it took a while to cut them all for this I was late, please watch them all please each video lasts a few seconds.
You'll be able to see the more serious ones and the less serious ones.

In the meantime, my friends play nice and smooth

I can see the issues you're having. Could you try something please:

Use bandwidth allocation to provide 1mbps upload/download to your console and disable share excess. If there is no significant difference there could you add a manual rule for Traffic Prioritization 1-65535 source to 1-65535 destination TCP/UDP for the console and see if that does anything please.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 8:33 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I can see the issues you're having. Could you try something please:

Use bandwidth allocation to provide 1mbps upload/download to your console and disable share excess. If there is no significant difference there could you add a manual rule for Traffic Prioritization 1-65535 source to 1-65535 destination TCP/UDP for the console and see if that does anything please.

Hello @Netduma Fraser,
I tried the priority traffic rule that you recommended and I noticed that the problem is always present, even if it is minor, then I don't know if it is a placebo or not.
As for the 1Mbps bandwidth assignment simply the flower doesn't allow me, the least I can do is to assign 1% but I had already tried it and it hadn't led to great results.
One thing that I still had not tried and that would seem to be leading to some small result was to increase the % of ps4 (I have brought it to 60%) this would seem until now to have reduced the severity of stuttering that however remain present.
One thing I wanted to ask you is if you are aware of some software problems with my router (xr700) I'm asking you this because lately I'm noticing that in the morning when I turn the router back on sometimes the memory is completely erased and I have to configure it from the beginning, it has already happened 4 times in the last month.

@Mobel were you able to solve the problem?

I also noticed the packet symbol on my games. I thought that was packet loss symbol.... But I have this issue when there a lot traffic on the servers... when a play late the night or early on the morning I have no issue so my thoughts it was from servers the problem because they are overloaded. I test it also with my ISP router and again I have this issue so I think is not from xr500.

also I have seen a lot you tubers when they play there times that they get this symbol on the screen. And all my friends they get this symbol. 

33 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Hello @Netduma Fraser,
I tried the priority traffic rule that you recommended and I noticed that the problem is always present, even if it is minor, then I don't know if it is a placebo or not.
As for the 1Mbps bandwidth assignment simply the flower doesn't allow me, the least I can do is to assign 1% but I had already tried it and it hadn't led to great results.

In order to get the flower to allow smaller numbers, you'd need to reduce your bandwidth in the anti-bufferbloat side menu...

Better idea though, click on your device in the list to the left of the flower, then adjust the bandwidth in the panel that opens on the right.

37 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

One thing I wanted to ask you is if you are aware of some software problems with my router (xr700) I'm asking you this because lately I'm noticing that in the morning when I turn the router back on sometimes the memory is completely erased and I have to configure it from the beginning, it has already happened 4 times in the last month.

I haven't heard of this issue before. You're saying that it essentially factory resets itself overnight?

@Crazy Cat no the problem is still there, the one with the 3 yellow squares.

The game is very inconsistent for me like today I had 2 hours of gaming this morning, every game was like I was behind everybody every single match over and over again also bad hit registration and yesterday I had 4 hours gaming with only a few matches where it occurred a few times (the stutter and bad hit registration).

By the way I reboot my router also quite often turn it off (press the button on the back), take the power cord out and leave it for like 10-15 minutes off also the ISP modem the same, then after 15 min or longer I turn first the ISP modem on wait until it is fully back online then I power on the XR700. 

But never had to reconfigure the XR700 after doing that.

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I haven't heard of this issue before. You're saying that it essentially factory resets itself overnight?

Yes exactly, I have a habit of turning off the router before bedtime and turning it back on in the morning. 
I've sometimes had to configure it from scratch as if it had been reset to factory default values.

8 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

In order to get the flower to allow smaller numbers, you'd need to reduce your bandwidth in the anti-bufferbloat side menu...

Better idea though, click on your device in the list to the left of the flower, then adjust the bandwidth in the panel that opens on the right.

That's what I do, but I don't understand why you don't save 1mbps even though you save the setting. I think why 1mbps is like 0% to me.

8 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Crazy Cat no the problem is still there, the one with the 3 yellow squares.

The game is very inconsistent for me like today I had 2 hours of gaming this morning, every game was like I was behind everybody every single match over and over again also bad hit registration and yesterday I had 4 hours gaming with only a few matches where it occurred a few times (the stutter and bad hit registration).

By the way I reboot my router also quite often turn it off (press the button on the back), take the power cord out and leave it for like 10-15 minutes off also the ISP modem the same, then after 15 min or longer I turn first the ISP modem on wait until it is fully back online then I power on the XR700. 

But never had to reconfigure the XR700 after doing that.

Have you tried downgrade the firmware?

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yes exactly, I have a habit of turning off the router before bedtime and turning it back on in the morning. 
I've sometimes had to configure it from scratch as if it had been reset to factory default values.

How do you turn off the router? Do you just unplug it? If so don't do that just use the push button.

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

That's what I do, but I don't understand why you don't save 1mbps even though you save the setting. I think why 1mbps is like 0% to me.

You have to click save on that popout window, it will tell you what the percentage will be once you change the mbps, if it's zero that's fine as long as mbps isn't 0.

@Netduma Fraser

Only power off button behind the router without unplugging it. 
The night before going to bed I sometimes turn it off in the morning when I turn it on and I have to reconfigure everything.
Yes, unfortunately I'm working a lot with qos because of this problem and I don't understand why 1 mbps doesn't save it, it goes automatically on 1% which for me means 10mbps more or less.

8 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

I also noticed the packet symbol on my games. I thought that was packet loss symbol.... But I have this issue when there a lot traffic on the servers... when a play late the night or early on the morning I have no issue so my thoughts it was from servers the problem because they are overloaded. I test it also with my ISP router and again I have this issue so I think is not from xr500.

also I have seen a lot you tubers when they play there times that they get this symbol on the screen. And all my friends they get this symbol. 

As much as I'd like it to be so (to give me an explanation that doesn't drive me crazy after hundreds of tests and configurations) unfortunately it isn't.
I played during the day, afternoon, evening and night. I played on the Italian, English, French, Spanish and American servers and in all my games stuttering is present, none excluded.
In the meantime my friends who are in the lobby with me don't have any problem and above all the problem is present also in the custom games where you don't connect to any server.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

@Netduma Fraser

Only power off button behind the router without unplugging it. 
The night before going to bed I sometimes turn it off in the morning when I turn it on and I have to reconfigure everything.
Yes, unfortunately I'm working a lot with qos because of this problem and I don't understand why 1 mbps doesn't save it, it goes automatically on 1% which for me means 10mbps more or less.

Could you not turn it off today and see if it has still reset by morning? Could you provide a screenshot of the device popout where you're changing the bandwidth please? Also what browser are you using to change it?

44 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

As much as I'd like it to be so (to give me an explanation that doesn't drive me crazy after hundreds of tests and configurations) unfortunately it isn't.
I played during the day, afternoon, evening and night. I played on the Italian, English, French, Spanish and American servers and in all my games stuttering is present, none excluded.
In the meantime my friends who are in the lobby with me don't have any problem and above all the problem is present also in the custom games where you don't connect to any server.

Really I don’t know 🤔... Maybe in your case there is a real problem that came from your router. Today I played S and D the afternoon and I had this only one time. But again as I have is not unique situation. From all of my friends I am the only that use a gaming router like the xr500 and it happening also on them and I can say more often than me. Check also some gameplay from youtubers and you will see that it happening also on them... The servers for the MW it must be the worse in all history of the game.... 

1 hour ago, Kostas83 said:

Really I don’t know 🤔... Maybe in your case there is a real problem that came from your router. Today I played S and D the afternoon and I had this only one time. But again as I have is not unique situation. From all of my friends I am the only that use a gaming router like the xr500 and it happening also on them and I can say more often than me. Check also some gameplay from youtubers and you will see that it happening also on them... The servers for the MW it must be the worse in all history of the game.... 

I find it happens more in S&D than any other game mode.

8 hours ago, Sable said:

I find it happens more in S&D than any other game mode.

Generally it happens a lot. If you check on Reddit you will see that on some players it happens so often that they can’t play the game...

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you not turn it off today and see if it has still reset by morning? Could you provide a screenshot of the device popout where you're changing the bandwidth please? Also what browser are you using to change it?

As far as resetting to factory settings is concerned, it's a random thing, it can happen like no. It just happened 3/4 times already in a month and it seems very strange to me and I wanted to report it.
As a browser I use chrome and am on macos.
I did more than that, I made a screen recording with the steps I do but this time strangely went, better like that; now I'll try and update you.
As you can see I was trying the rules you told me with a little modification only to the ports that I still have to try in game (I put only udp) I always lose some time before writing when there is something to try because anything I modify seems to go well for a while and then everything goes back to the way it was before. But I have to say that the 1:65535 - 1:65535 tcp/udp rule was working well.
Stuttering was always present, but never serious until now, so I wanted to experiment a bit more.
I simply had never tried these rules because they were very inadvisable on the forum.
Now I'll try the new bandwidth and let you know.
Thanks always for your help and support, I appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

As far as resetting to factory settings is concerned, it's a random thing, it can happen like no. It just happened 3/4 times already in a month and it seems very strange to me and I wanted to report it.
As a browser I use chrome and am on macos.
I did more than that, I made a screen recording with the steps I do but this time strangely went, better like that; now I'll try and update you.
As you can see I was trying the rules you told me with a little modification only to the ports that I still have to try in game (I put only udp) I always lose some time before writing when there is something to try because anything I modify seems to go well for a while and then everything goes back to the way it was before. But I have to say that the 1:65535 - 1:65535 tcp/udp rule was working well.
Stuttering was always present, but never serious until now, so I wanted to experiment a bit more.
I simply had never tried these rules because they were very inadvisable on the forum.
Now I'll try the new bandwidth and let you know.
Thanks always for your help and support, I appreciate it.

1.mov

One thing I noticed in the video:

When you switch between Download and Upload, you have to click the device name again. The panel at the side does not change when you change Download and Upload, so you need to open it again.

6 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Generally it happens a lot. If you check on Reddit you will see that on some players it happens so often that they can’t play the game...

Yes what is happening with this game is not normal for anyone and it is even more so for people like me who participate in tournaments or streamers as we try to earn some money.
In my opinion @Netduma Fraser could have had a fair intuition and that is that it could be a problem of who has pppoe connections but if no one shares if it is on a pppoe connection or on pppoa you can not pull at random.
3 days ago she came back to write me activision after 2 months as if they had done who knows what when in reality they have done nothing but assign me the earned rewards that I was missing (which I never asked for by the way, with them I always talked only about stuttering problems) and again I was told that the practice would go to the next level.