COD MW Packet Burst

ksubi

20200113_015517.thumb.jpg.7976bbbf841a02109df98f519e748b13.jpgThis was in Spectating mode on a custom lobby, look the mislocated server.

20200113_020323.thumb.jpg.492dccfa1f8a2c0f3532050da3a86da3.jpg

Then I went on filtering mode.20200113_020547.thumb.jpg.8f25591c23231aa3126fe4867d1b6a5b.jpg20200113_024955.thumb.jpg.10cf8aa40ea1002bb16ff83da4b9150a.jpgthis was while playing a pub match it was the same in custom game.

And I did get the square icons only a few times in custom game.

But in the pub lobby I get it the whole time during the game. I recorded on PS4 but have to figure out how to post it here.

@Netduma Fraser have you seen the netcode video I posted?

What you say about ping is the second symbol of the left row, it happens to those who have a bad connection or very rarely to everyone and when it happens talking to my friends it happens to them too and in that case it's a server problem (I've had this error 2/3 times since the game came out) but what we have is the second one of the right row and it doesn't depend on trusted servers, that's for sure.
It happens in the Spanish server, in the French server, in the American server and in the Italian one where everyone here except us plays quietly and we don't. My friends with me play well and we are playing on the same server, if we play with friends in custom games there is no server but host and I always have the problem. 
If I tell you that if I go back to version the problem is not there it means that it is something about the router that is not going well and it must be fixed. 

Schermata 2020-01-13 alle 03.41.31.png

• Administrators
On 1/13/2020 at 2:11 AM, Mobel said:

This was in Spectating mode on a custom lobby, look the mislocated server.

Then I went on filtering mode.this was while playing a pub match it was the same in custom game.

And I did get the square icons only a few times in custom game.

But in the pub lobby I get it the whole time during the game. I recorded on PS4 but have to figure out how to post it here.

The ping on the Geo-Filter and PingPlotter is generally very good, apart from that one spike but that wouldn't cause the whole game to be terrible. Definitely want to see the video associated with these pictures.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:40 AM, Daniele said:

@Netduma Fraser have you seen the netcode video I posted?

What you say about ping is the second symbol of the left row, it happens to those who have a bad connection or very rarely to everyone and when it happens talking to my friends it happens to them too and in that case it's a server problem (I've had this error 2/3 times since the game came out) but what we have is the second one of the right row and it doesn't depend on trusted servers, that's for sure.
It happens in the Spanish server, in the French server, in the American server and in the Italian one where everyone here except us plays quietly and we don't. My friends with me play well and we are playing on the same server, if we play with friends in custom games there is no server but host and I always have the problem. 
If I tell you that if I go back to version the problem is not there it means that it is something about the router that is not going well and it must be fixed.

Yeah I've seen it before. It doesn't make any sense why it would be fine on one version and not the other, the .20 version we actually didn't make any changes whatsoever and what NG did is unlikely to affect your connection. Run some PingPlotters along side when you're playing and look at the Network Monitor and the game ping, collect as much statistics as you can and we can see what is happening.

@Netduma Fraser I can't tell you why on the previous version it doesn't happen, I can only tell you my experience.
It would be good if he also @Mobel tried it to have his say and know if it works for him too.
I did some pingplotters while I was playing that I enclose, I didn't understand instead what I have to look at on network monitors even if I saw a strange thing.

Edited by Daniele
I had attached pictures of the pingplotter while I was playing but the computer was under wifi and not wired. I'll attach them again after the new analysis

@Daniele Yes I had some busy days but from tomorrow I have some more time to dive in this issue.

@DanieleI can not see the questions u asked about my connection  what where they

I will downgrade to .10 and let u guys now if i see a difference.

@Netduma Fraser By the way the laptop that I used to monitor Pingplotter was connected through 2.4Ghz Wi-fi, does that make a difference ?

It would a bit since the wifi generates more jitter by nature. If I run pingplotter from the same PC on LAN cable or wifi you can see a difference straight away and that is with the PC standing next to the router and usually I am on 5GHz.

But that is compared to a fiber connection, your connection has more jitter by nature as well.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

It would a bit since the wifi generates more jitter by nature. If I run pingplotter from the same PC on LAN cable or wifi you can see a difference straight away and that is with the PC standing next to the router and usually I am on 5GHz.

But that is compared to a fiber connection, your connection has more jitter by nature as well.

I do next time tests from the laptop on a wired connection.

Can you help me out how to run a test with Wireshark.

Connectbox ISP modem > XR700 > wired to PS4 and a Windows 10 laptop to run Wireshark from (is it possible to do it wireless with the laptop ?)

It's only possible if you connect your PS4 to your laptop by wifi/lan and connect your laptop to the router. Your laptop needs to be "man in the middle" to read anything with wireshark.

What you can do is connect your laptop to the router via wifi and then share connection, connect the laptop's LAN to your PS4.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Bert said:

Yes it could make a different, a wired test would be better. If you could try a previous firmware like Daniele suggested that would really help us determine where the issue may lie.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

It's only possible if you connect your PS4 to your laptop by wifi/lan and connect your laptop to the router. Your laptop needs to be "man in the middle" to read anything with wireshark.

What you can do is connect your laptop to the router via wifi and then share connection, connect the laptop's LAN to your PS4.

Can you please explain it further i tried to set it up but didn't work also the other info i found on the internet didn't help.

I set it wired up, could u please help me through ?

@Bert so 1 cable from XR700 lan port > laptop and then from laptop to > PS4 lan port.

Could you provide some further steps to pull the ports ?

In MW I always got the 3074 port range btw.

If you have it hooked up like that.

1. Go to 'Network and Sharing Center' then on the left select 'Change adapter settings'

2. Right click the connction that is connected to the XR700, hit properties, then the sharing tab. Enable sharing and in the field home network connection select the connection to your PS4.

3. On PS4, just run your connection wizard so it sets up the new connection

That should get your connection going.

To pull port numbers just run wireshark while you play and select the UDP only filter, you should see the UDP game data flowing.

10 hours ago, Mobel said:

@Daniele can not see the questions u asked about my connection  what where they

No problem, I don't remember in what discussion I asked you but I'm not going to look for it doesn't matter, an oversight can happen to anyone.
To look for a common point I asked you if you had a pppoe or pppoa connection and then I don't remember what sincerely.
We are all busy, but in the meantime I wanted to thank @Bert for telling us how to get a traffic acquisition with wireshark nobody had answered before.
I too will bring a few things when I have some time but in the meantime I will read and answer.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Daniele said:

Morning, boys.
@Netduma Fraser in attachment 2 ping plotters just made, I'll bring more.

Your plots look perfect, fairly high base ping of 30ms so game ping would probably be around 40-50ms but that shouldn't cause you to lag. No packet loss, jitter or spikes so it can't be the connection on your side. @Mobel have you tried a previous firmware to see if it works better for you like Daniele said?

No not yet @Netduma Fraser but I will first try the app from Redbull2k later when I am home. If that also does nothing i will go on with downgrading and further actions.

I also noticed that most of the times after I do a reboot on the router my connection to the game is crap after that, i get instantly bad hit detection and games that I am like behind enemies (see them little later) insta-death as well.

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Mobel said:

No not yet @Netduma Fraser but I will first try the app from Redbull2k later when I am home. If that also does nothing i will go on with downgrading and further actions.

I also noticed that most of the times after I do a reboot on the router my connection to the game is crap after that, i get instantly bad hit detection and games that I am like behind enemies (see them little later) insta-death as well.

Great thank you, will be interested to see your results. There shouldn't be any difference after a reboot, how soon after a reboot do you play? It could be all the devices coming back online at the same time causing it. If you wait say 15-30mins after does that make a difference?

No after I do a reboot I have only the PS4 and the laptop connected to the router and no other devices.

Straight away I restart the PS4 when the connection comes back up.

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Mobel said:

No after I do a reboot I have only the PS4 and the laptop connected to the router and no other devices.

Straight away I restart the PS4 when the connection comes back up.

Leave it for 15 minutes after a reboot and then see how it plays. How long after a reboot does it usually go back to normal?

Yesterday i played 2 hours after reboot, was the same problems over and over again.

Today didn't play yet, zo all the device are connected home to the router i leave it like that when i am home and see how it plays

• Administrators
51 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Yesterday i played 2 hours after reboot, was the same problems over and over again.

Today didn't play yet, zo all the device are connected home to the router i leave it like that when i am home and see how it plays

A reboot shouldn't make a difference, if anything it should make it better usually. Do you notice any difference in ping after a reboot?