Lag compensation fix on PS4 Pro

V3ndeTTo

On 2/7/2020 at 7:20 AM, Cussiv said:

Yes, your settings rule in hardcore. I have some gameplays on my channels using your settings + bandwith monitor disabled. I also noticed these settings works better on older piece of hardware. WNDR3700v1 and WNR2200. I feelt more instamelted on hardware like wrt1900acsv2 and tp link c7 v5. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8D-VFZUklQ&t=2s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDCO4dYqAIM

do you think I can  install gargoyle for my  R7000 ?

50 minutes ago, DanyKTM said:

do you think I can  install gargoyle for my  R7000 ?

gargoyle is not supported by broadcom routers. If you have an old one maybe you can flash it.

1 hour ago, Cussiv said:

gargoyle is not supported by broadcom routers. If you have an old one maybe you can flash it.

sorry, what you means by broadcom routers ? is it my ISP router ?

5 hours ago, WalkedDave said:

You use the basic SQM with cake and piece-of-cake.

At this momemt i use gargoyle qos plus DSCP tags..

But i will install openwrt on my wrt3200acm again and use this

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/ultimate-sqm-settings-layer-cake-dscp-marks/25832

Would love to give that a go but thats so over my head its in space lol.

On 11/29/2019 at 11:32 AM, Cussiv said:

Hello, I have tried many routers and I would say its the router + firmware. I have tried many routers and firmwares and have some recommendations if you want to feel less insta melted.

r7000 with merlin vortex or advanced tomato

asus rt-ac68u with merlin + fresh jr script moD

gargoyle works great, tried it on 2 diffrent routers, tp link archer c7 v5 performed better then wrt1900acsv2

I have tried ddwrt and openwrt its not great for cod I would not recommend it. I have my netduma r1 it works great on the older cods that use p2p host/ Not true dedicated. As longest if the p2p have around 20-40 it feels great. 

Interesting you had fresh scripts added on your asus.. Good stuff right there! He was working on IPv6 QoS. Havent seen him in awhile on the forums though..

Zippy..

10 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

i'm looking to flash my R7000, do you suggest to use advanced tomato, open WRT or DD-Wrt ?

Try freshtomato or ddwrt. I had better experience using dd-wrt with kong 35550m

• 1 month later...
15 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Since my R1 is on its last legs, gonna look into getting an Asus RT AC86U with Merlin and see how it goes.

I use that router and merlin if you do go that route check out the freshjr.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-freshjr-adaptive-qos-improvements-custom-rules-and-inner-workings.36836/

2 hours ago, sncjez said:

I use that router and merlin if you do go that route check out the freshjr.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/release-freshjr-adaptive-qos-improvements-custom-rules-and-inner-workings.36836/

Will do ;)

I was also looking at Linksys WRT32X and trying out DD-WRT but after doing abit of research, DD-WRT is no longer recommended over OpenWRT so won't bother going down that route.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:55 PM, N3CR0 said:

Will do ;)

I was also looking at Linksys WRT32X and trying out DD-WRT but after doing abit of research, DD-WRT is no longer recommended over OpenWRT so won't bother going down that route.

Why not dd-wrt? Is it because OpenWRT has lower latency? Well I don’t know. Tried playing with OpenWRT and my stock performed better when it come to hit detection. and the WRT32X.. Why spend lot of money on routers on a broken game? It’s better to try cheap netgears. 

8 hours ago, MySettingzSucks said:

Why not dd-wrt? Is it because OpenWRT has lower latency? Well I don’t know. Tried playing with OpenWRT and my stock performed better when it come to hit detection. and the WRT32X.. Why spend lot of money on routers on a broken game? It’s better to try cheap netgears. 

Not really sure but everywhere I looked where folk were asking which to go for, everyone said OpenWRT and said that DD-WRT was great 10 years ago but just doesn't cut it anymore. I already have a OpenWRT router so didn't see the point.

I get better hit reg on OpenWRT then I did on my Duma R1.

I'm wanting a new router as my R1 is on its last legs and I wasn't impressed at all with the XR500 and don't fancy trying another Netgear router.

3 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

Not really sure but everywhere I looked where folk were asking which to go for, everyone said OpenWRT and said that DD-WRT was great 10 years ago but just doesn't cut it anymore. I already have a OpenWRT router so didn't see the point.

I get better hit reg on OpenWRT then I did on my Duma R1.

I'm wanting a new router as my R1 is on its last legs and I wasn't impressed at all with the XR500 and don't fancy trying another Netgear router.

Alright if it works for you. Keep using it if its stable. You can always try dd-wrt if openwrt disappoint you. And about the Xr500, yes i agree it performed very bad, R1 performed better with the OG firmware. For some reason the new DUMAos performed bad even on R1. Might be something with the new firmware CoD dosn’t like with QoS and DumaOS. I woul’nt blame netgear, its really good with the orginal stock firmware. You could always try xr500 with dd-wrt. I saw a video the hit detection performed better with dd-wrt on xr500 then dumaos

• 2 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 5:44 AM, Cussiv said:

Try freshtomato or ddwrt. I had better experience using dd-wrt with kong 35550m

Is it compatible with asus acrt88u router? Im currently have it combo with standard ddwrt with netduma dmz method

On 2/10/2020 at 7:34 AM, WalkedDave said:

You use the basic SQM with cake and piece-of-cake.

At this momemt i use gargoyle qos plus DSCP tags..

But i will install openwrt on my wrt3200acm again and use this

https://forum.openwrt.org/t/ultimate-sqm-settings-layer-cake-dscp-marks/25832

Cake is amazing, considering it's potential. If only more people would listen to Dave Taht, cough Netduma cough and his predecessors before his work on traffic shaping becomes a lost art.

I still have my ERLite and if it weren't for it's limited CPU capabilities & my gig connection - I would still use it to this day. It had no problem pushing 600mb symmetrical using CAKE + SFE packet forwarding. If 3.0 is a total wash, I'll be converting back to the dark side, Ubiquiti.

2 hours ago, vShikko said:

Cake is amazing, considering it's potential. If only more people would listen to Dave Taht, cough Netduma cough and his predecessors before his work on traffic shaping becomes a lost art.

I still have my ERLite and if it weren't for it's limited CPU capabilities & my gig connection - I would still use it to this day. It had no problem pushing 600mb symmetrical using CAKE + SFE packet forwarding. If 3.0 is a total wash, I'll be converting back to the dark side, Ubiquiti.

For my connection DumaOS 2  creates to big bufferbloat..i check every % in sliders....with CAKE i dont have this problem..i also have autoSQM to change values in SQM every hour.So i am waiting DumaOS 3 to see how it works and how it handles packets...an interesting function is line benchmark...but it will be better if the results of this benchmark applied in QOS to have perfect line every time...many ISP's doesn't have stable bandwidth during day ...so to just do a speedtest..put the values in QOS is a permanent  solution.

And for the link with DSCP marks...if you use openwrt and netduma you dont want all this work.."veth inteface" and so on...just create another SQM interface....first SQM etc in pppoe-wan  and put upload bandwidth only......another SQM interface in lan and put download speed in upload box..

You have SQM now both in download and upload direction.