Lag compensation fix on PS4 Pro

V3ndeTTo

On 7/11/2020 at 6:38 AM, DUMA BOLTON said:

How do I get Openwrt on my edge router X 😀

One note - the latest Ubiquiti EdgeOs has a new bootloader that makes it a little easier to recover your router if it bricks. It's worth installing the latest EdgeOS first, and the new bootloader, to have it. If you search the Ubiquiti site you'll find instructions for that.

I was able to flash the OpenWrt factory binary from this German site using the EdgeOS firmware upgrade option:

Factory tar link: https://downloads.opennet-initiative.de/ubnt/edgeos/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-initramfs-factory.tar . When I did it, the firmware on this site was an old out of date OpenWrt version, but it passed the EdgeOS firmware signature check and was good enough to let me sysupgrade to the current OpenWrt version.

Then install OpenWrt version 18.06 first with sysupgrade from the command prompt.

The correct 18.06 version is:
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.7/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-18.06.7-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

Copy it in /tmp  via Winscp ....

Next, ssh into your router:
ssh [email protected]

and go to the /tmp folder on your router
cd /tmp

once you get the file to the /tmp directory on your router, and your in that directory

then use the sysupgrade command from your router:

sysupgrade -n -v long_name_of_file-sysupgrade.tar

etc    sysupgrade -n -v Openwrt-18.06.07-sysupgrade.tar

I use "-n" to set up with default config

And wait for it to finish (several minutes). After you wait and it reboots, login to your router.

Then when you have access via GUI in Openwrt you can flash via gui latest 19.07.3

On 7/12/2020 at 10:15 AM, Knomax said:

One note - the latest Ubiquiti EdgeOs has a new bootloader that makes it a little easier to recover your router if it bricks. It's worth installing the latest EdgeOS first, and the new bootloader, to have it. If you search the Ubiquiti site you'll find instructions for that.

I was able to flash the OpenWrt factory binary from this German site using the EdgeOS firmware upgrade option:

Factory tar link: https://downloads.opennet-initiative.de/ubnt/edgeos/openwrt-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-initramfs-factory.tar . When I did it, the firmware on this site was an old out of date OpenWrt version, but it passed the EdgeOS firmware signature check and was good enough to let me sysupgrade to the current OpenWrt version.

Then install OpenWrt version 18.06 first with sysupgrade from the command prompt.

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.7/targets/ramips/mt7621/openwrt-18.06.7-ramips-mt7621-ubnt-erx-squashfs-sysupgrade.tar

ssh [email protected]

cd /tmp

once you get the file to the /tmp directory on your router, and your in that directory

And wait for it to finish (several minutes). After you wait and it reboots, login to your router.

Then when you have access via GUI in Openwrt you can flash via gui latest 19.07.3

Why want to flash the OpenWRT OS on an ERX !!!!?

16 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Why want to flash the OpenWRT OS on an ERX !!!!?

Because i can use ..

1.SQM with CAKE

2.Replace iptables and use nftables with custom firewall and qos rules.

3.Use custom scripts like AutoSQM

4.Use Unbound for DNSSec

5.Adblock that really works

6.Run VETH interfaces for QOS both for download and upload

7.Completely custom rules for QOS..like conntrack,rate limit,packet length,packet tags like SYN,ACK and so on....

8. All of above i can start,stop,restart,reload .....during day or hour via crontab automatically.

Some reasons i flashed Openwrt in ERX.

On 7/12/2020 at 9:15 AM, Knomax said:

ssh [email protected]

cd /tmp

I wish it was a lot easier to put the firmware on like in the GUI of the ERX 😂

• 2 months later...

First of all, I live in Germany and have a Telekom 100mbit VDSL Internet with IPTV (SetTopBox MagentaTV and IPTelefony/VoIP, dont know if that is right in English).
I have a well optimized Homenetwork/Mesh with my AVM Fritzbox 7490...
I am a PlayStation-Gamer but even with a stable ping of 20, i have a lot of Hitreg/Hitdetection-Problems and First-Shot-First-Die Moments... Killcam always shows my problems, my Reaction Time and InputLag Hardware is not the Problem...  :(
I tryed nearly all Tips from Internet (Even with AVM Pseudo-Prioritizing(i dont want to call it Fritzbox-QoS), I set PS4 at static IP, ExposedHost, all Ports opened... I changed MTU size, It was better, but not perfect...

I googled and always keywords for the fix of my Problem was:
"SQM with fq_codel/cake, QoS"
Short: the AVM FB 7490 cant handle those things and i think it is not for gaming cuz its like a 100ps motor, but its throttled at 10PS only for Gaming or Casual-People... Fact for me, i need a OpenWRT-flashed Router, only for the PS4 - beside that I dont want to loose the function of my IPTV and IPTelefony. I saw v19.07 preflashed Router on the Bay, started at 30€, what is pretty cheap compared to a Netduma Router...
Which Router do you prefer for my Setting (100mbit with cable on my ps4 is enough, WiFi for other Devices i want to use my Fritzbox Homenetwork/Mesh)
My negative thoughts on this:
If i put the OpenWRT router BEFORE my Fritzbox, i loose IPTV/IPTelefony.
If i put the OpenWRT router AFTER my Fritzbox, all the traffic get through the Fritzbox -> no benefit

I hope you can help me, nearly one year for try to fix this but without new router, no chance 

i have tryed to put the ps4 stand alone in my mesh (no other devices connected, clean firmware) but in killcam i saw the lag...

Will it be better if i switch completly to a powerfull router for my mehs/homemetwork or is there a cheap variant? Maybe for ps4 put a modem before it to go direct for the internet without a maybe "slowing down router" in the middle?