**Better Or Worse Connections Compared To Beta?**

SwiftCookie

Everyone give me your genuine input as to whether or not the connections in MW are better or worse compared to the beta's. If it is still shithouse does anyone know on a technical level whether or not it could be fixed in the future with patches either client or server side? 

21 hours ago, Sci0n said:

I want to know where are these so called deadicated servers as mine just wants to connect to the USA all the time.

I was connected to a few USA servers over the weekend but they were usually quite low ping, so I think it's an issue of mislocation.

Going to do more testing today and push out a cloud update.

On 10/26/2019 at 9:08 PM, Bert said:

It feels the same.

Biggest problem is matchmaking if you ask me, there should not be people 5000km away in my lobby.

Ugh that doesn't fill me with confidence haha. I had a rough time during the beta 😕

On 10/27/2019 at 12:57 AM, Spartanogc said:

I find it laggy compared to the beta, the beta felt great but last night we had some really laggy games.

I honestly didn't think It could get any worse than the beta lol

On 10/28/2019 at 12:33 AM, Sci0n said:

I want to know where are these so called deadicated servers as mine just wants to connect to the USA all the time.

I'm not surprised, I was getting some US servers during the beta and I'm in AUS haha

2 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

I was connected to a few USA servers over the weekend but they were usually quite low ping, so I think it's an issue of mislocation.

Going to do more testing today and push out a cloud update.

Is there anything I can do to help with cloud updates in regards to Aussie connections? I've just bought the game on PS4 so I'm planning on doing some testing this week :) I heard they did some changes to the netcode between the beta and release. 

the connection is good for my self, my point is why many peoples camp ? 

it is rare that someone kill me right in my face,  most of time the guy just wait in window or corner

13 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

the connection is good for my self, my point is why many peoples camp ? 

it is rare that someone kill me right in my face,  most of time the guy just wait in window or corner

I blame the gun mount mechanic tbh, it encourages people to camp imo. 

• Administrators
On 10/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, SwiftCookie said:

Is there anything I can do to help with cloud updates in regards to Aussie connections? I've just bought the game on PS4 so I'm planning on doing some testing this week :) I heard they did some changes to the netcode between the beta and release. 

As always, if there are any mislocated servers that you've found let us know the IDs and we'll correct it :)

Im finding the connections are about the same as the alpha and beta, there are times when it feels like the ttk is a bit high but over the time of a game it seems to be about even, silenced weapons etc not delivering as much range or damage etc all need to be taken into consideration but for me its pretty much the same and I have to say I am enjoying the game.

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

I’m getting lots of peer to peer in new York USA and I’m in Vancouver BC. Ping ranges 9-46ms. 

looks like no servers are in Seattle either. 

any tips to fix this? 

Are you certain they're peers and not misclassified servers? Easiest way to tell would be to look at the domain name or do an IP lookup if it's not immediately obvious.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you certain they're peers and not misclassified servers? Easiest way to tell would be to look at the domain name or do an IP lookup if it's not immediately obvious.

The easiest way to tell if your on p2p is that the 

Tick rate will be 20-60 on p2p

60-60 on servers

Beta felt a tiny bit better but that is probably due to the fact that there was less people on the servers, a lot of whom might have had a very good connection. Even with filtering since launch there was an odd few games were TTK was way off for my shots but not the opposing players, but some of these deaths were M4 to the head. Patch 1.07 however is pretty bad for filtering games. Over night I began to see what people are taking about that do not have a duma router, players sponging bullets, lag comp etc. Had a death earlier and I had to reload and put more bullets into someone with a USA calling card he one shot me with a 725 of course, looking at the kill feed was showing the packet loss icons.

The movement animation in games since launch I noticed a slow down of the player running speed (barely noticeable) I was thinking it might be lag smoothing but it might be the terrain unevenness also as you really notice it on Arklov Peak.

I noticed a good few times in peer games when you bring up the scoreboard it doesn't show officer rank's but the host will show theirs provided they have one.

I haven’t had hit marker issues yet. I get shot before I get my aim down sight on target. It’s smooth gameplay. I’m still getting peer to peer and misplaced servers on my geo filter. This game has been out this far and still having connection issues is kind of pathetic 👎