Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

On 7/9/2019 at 6:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've just seen a high level request for a cloud update within the team so I suspect I'll hear back on that shortly, sorry to hear it's still an issue but should hopefully be resolved shortly.

Have you heard or seen a cloud update being applied to Apex Legend ?

Nice to hear, games playing so much better season 2 for me at least.  Sure it’s still got some issues, but they’re small and not literally game breaking like they were at a couple points last season.  As is I’m having fine luck without the filter just choosing my servers at the menu, it actually seems to be working as intended atm. 

On 7/17/2019 at 10:54 PM, Sol0flyerz said:

Nice to hear, games playing so much better season 2 for me at least.  Sure it’s still got some issues, but they’re small and not literally game breaking like they were at a couple points last season.  As is I’m having fine luck without the filter just choosing my servers at the menu, it actually seems to be working as intended atm. 

Well buddy that’s just great news! Thanks for sharing! 

This is going to sound crazy but ive set both my sliders to one percent giving me 0.4 upload and 3.8 download, ive tested this for two nights now in a row and ive never had hit detection and smoothness like this since the game launched. if i leave my connection full bung or even setting sliders to the 70/70 its not good at all im constantly feeling like im being lagged and behind, which has left me super frustrated as of late with this game. 

After toying with slider setting and setting it so low, i keep dropping people so easy its like crisp detection is back, so many variables and two nights testing it could be a fluke but i will keep it this way till i feel something has changed. it just feels so good to instamelt people back again.

What's your bandwidth numbers though? Like mine on speedtest said 823 up/ 478 down but thought about changing it to 50/50 to mess with it. I believe you too, some enemies are hella lagging and melt you while you're connection struggles to keep up. Can you share your setting please?

Hello bugsandglitches. im in the region of 380 down and 35 up fttc. There isn't much to the setting other than toying with the sliders and filter mode off. ive played this game since launch and in regards to how it plays on any given day is a real rollercoaster, first few months were great when it launched then the patches came and made the game play terribly. i personally feel connectivity wise the last few months have been atrocious, 20 tick servers aren't helping, code leaf, code net, its such a shame to see it in the state it is currently.

i hope my setting i have found keeps me in melt mode cause ive been stuck in platinum league for over a week now, been going up and back down like snakes and ladders. Was already too addicted to this game and now the league play has me going bat shit crazy trying to get to diamond.

Thanks for the reply. And yeah ill play with those numbers and more. Do you have to turn off filter mode then switch to spectate mode as well to bypass the main menu as well? Then BACK to filter once finding a match?  

• Administrators
18 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Thanks for the reply. And yeah ill play with those numbers and more. Do you have to turn off filter mode then switch to spectate mode as well to bypass the main menu as well? Then BACK to filter once finding a match?  

The Geo-Filter whitelists the servers required so you can leave it on filtering mode before booting up the game for the first time.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:18 AM, Buckeye Purple said:

This is going to sound crazy but ive set both my sliders to one percent giving me 0.4 upload and 3.8 download, ive tested this for two nights now in a row and ive never had hit detection and smoothness like this since the game launched. if i leave my connection full bung or even setting sliders to the 70/70 its not good at all im constantly feeling like im being lagged and behind, which has left me super frustrated as of late with this game. 

After toying with slider setting and setting it so low, i keep dropping people so easy its like crisp detection is back, so many variables and two nights testing it could be a fluke but i will keep it this way till i feel something has changed. it just feels so good to instamelt people back again.

Thanks for sharing, I remember when these settings made cod play amazing probably from lag comp. Haven’t put my connection thru the floor on apex, but I may try if it gets that old crisp hit detection back.  Not that it’s playing bad, but worth a try to find the sweet spot for their lag comp. If they figure out the code errors I’d have very little to complain about that’s not my own fault. 

On 7/27/2019 at 8:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter whitelists the servers required so you can leave it on filtering mode before booting up the game for the first time.

I can't use filtering mode in Australia yet, doesn't even make it past the server selection screen :/

22 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

@Buckeye Purple is it still working out for you?

Hello

Unfortunately no, i can't get any consistency something really wrong on their part. Each game you play who knows what awaits, will you be rubber banding, walking on treacle, shot round corners behind cover,  no registration of shots. im back to the standard settings 70/70 and hop around trying to find a decent server that plays well.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Buckeye Purple said:

Hello

Unfortunately no, i can't get any consistency something really wrong on their part. Each game you play who knows what awaits, will you be rubber banding, walking on treacle, shot round corners behind cover,  no registration of shots. im back to the standard settings 70/70 and hop around trying to find a decent server that plays well.

It will be interesting to see how the solo mode event goes and how that will affect the connection.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It will be interesting to see how the solo mode event goes and how that will affect the connection.

So many kids have been crying for the solos its going to be an interesting few weeks for sure, its not something i was wanting, i really enjoy even as a random player the teamwork and trio aspect. Can you imagine all the pathfinder ziplines lmao The reason i see why they done this, is it takes the heat of them temporarily, less focus on how poorly optimised the online connectivity is. 

As poorly as this game plays online its still one of my all time favourite games, i was just hoping they would push the boat out and fix the online aspect quicker, cause my biggest fear is the new cod coming and if it plays well online it will destroy the player base of apex. 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Buckeye Purple said:

So many kids have been crying for the solos its going to be an interesting few weeks for sure, its not something i was wanting, i really enjoy even as a random player the teamwork and trio aspect. Can you imagine all the pathfinder ziplines lmao The reason i see why they done this, is it takes the heat of them temporarily, less focus on how poorly optimised the online connectivity is. 

As poorly as this game plays online its still one of my all time favourite games, i was just hoping they would push the boat out and fix the online aspect quicker, cause my biggest fear is the new cod coming and if it plays well online it will destroy the player base of apex. 

I admit when I started playing Apex I was all for a solo mode and I still do want it to an extent. I think it will definitely make for some funny games thats for sure! They've done it right I think, bringing it out for a limited time, see how it works, what the response is like and if it doesn't work then at least they tried and can chuck the idea in the bin. The errors are what I experience mostly regardless of how I am connected but I know they do listen to player feedback a lot and are always tinkering. I think with the ranked mode they can keep a good chunk of the CoD player base, will likely see a dip at launch but everyone gets annoyed with CoD after about a month so I'm sure they'll go back.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I admit when I started playing Apex I was all for a solo mode and I still do want it to an extent. I think it will definitely make for some funny games thats for sure! They've done it right I think, bringing it out for a limited time, see how it works, what the response is like and if it doesn't work then at least they tried and can chuck the idea in the bin. The errors are what I experience mostly regardless of how I am connected but I know they do listen to player feedback a lot and are always tinkering. I think with the ranked mode they can keep a good chunk of the CoD player base, will likely see a dip at launch but everyone gets annoyed with CoD after about a month so I'm sure they'll go back.

I see nothing wrong with adding solos if thats what folk want, the good thing is it will stop people crying over team mates they say suck, so it will all be on you no more carrying lol. What about everyone selecting gibraltar with his ultimate going off everywhere lol im sure it will be a blast!!

With the previous track record in this game lord knows what this upcoming patch will break in the game with the solo addition, im quietly hoping the new patch finally addresses the packet loss on all their servers its been really frustrating lately dealing with that.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex @Netduma Jack sorry for the tags folks but, I'm guessing its Apex matchmaking service but my location is NY and the game has been forcing me as of lately in UK/Texas servers? Anyone else? I tried filtering mode, spectate and strict mode.

If you ping those servers what ping do you get?