Jump to content
Netduma Admin

Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

Recommended Posts

I need serious help. I cannot get this to work for the life of me! I have tried every setting and everything I can to figure this out. but I am not able to get this to work. can someone help me? I keep getting servers that are so stinking laggy.. it shows I have the servers in california but then tries to connect to texas or the east coast. I am assuming its user error but I am at a loss. and apex is the laggiest game of all time for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N8semipro said:

I need serious help. I cannot get this to work for the life of me! I have tried every setting and everything I can to figure this out. but I am not able to get this to work. can someone help me? I keep getting servers that are so stinking laggy.. it shows I have the servers in california but then tries to connect to texas or the east coast. I am assuming its user error but I am at a loss. and apex is the laggiest game of all time for me!

Hey, welcome to the forum!

It would be beneficial if you could make a separate topic regarding your issue including screenshots of exactly what you're seeing and providing as much detail as possible, we can then find out what the cause is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok as I previously said I had no issues last weekend connection was flawless then as of Tuesday had issues getting it to connect so thought I would try again this weekend with geofilter on but it seems to not work again tried downgrading to og firmware but still same issue so it must be either the game or the cloud assuming both DumaOS and original use the same cloud

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yeah same for me... followed the instructions, booted up the game and it states it can’t find anything. I move to spectator mode and can find games listed a peer and all located somewhere in Europe Asia USA in based in Australia. Cheers

Edited by aka_boogo
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for letting us know. It looks like some of the Aus servers need to be relocated, so we'll have to do this piecemeal. We'll have a new Cloud update out this week (hopefully today), so after that we'll work to get anything in the wrong place relocated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've put out a new Cloud update for Apex which improves server location accuracy and whitelisting of authentication servers. Could you all select Flush Cloud and then let us know how you get on please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jedi4ya said:

Is there a cloud update for the old software as well?

 

Yes this has gone out for all firmware. If you're an old R1 then make sure bleeding edge is ticked in your settings before flushing. You really should upgrade though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have still have problems with inconsistencies, Duma os worked well when I had dsl century Link and I bridged the modem but I can't stream off 40dwn and 2up it's a nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Jedi4ya said:

Have still have problems with inconsistencies, Duma os worked well when I had dsl century Link and I bridged the modem but I can't stream off 40dwn and 2up it's a nightmare.

By inconsistencies are you referring to lag or being unable to connect to the game/incorrectly located servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The geo filter only lets you connect to peer to peer games. How long is it going to take for the DumaOS to actually do whet you claim it does? As I have better games when I congest my line making me a high ping player.

Screenshot_2019-03-20 Geo-Filter - DumaOS.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's incorrect. That IP in your screenshot belongs to a server (Multiplay). Flush the cloud and hopefully the incorrectly marked hosts you're getting will be corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah still does work for me... flush cloud, boot up console and game, DumaOS triangles all servers outside my geofence one server (based ay Sydney??) can be seen but has dashed around it. 

Look for a game all the triangles start to disappear with the server based within my ring doing the same. The game then states that it timed out. 

Even when I restart the game same thing. Rebooting console same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aka_boogo said:

Sorry doesn’t work. 🤦‍♂️

What console are you on? Are you based in Sydney?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Netduma Joseph said:

What console are you on? Are you based in Sydney?

Nah Brisbane north of Sydney I’m on PS4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aka_boogo said:

Yeah still does work for me... flush cloud, boot up console and game, DumaOS triangles all servers outside my geofence one server (based ay Sydney??) can be seen but has dashed around it. 

Look for a game all the triangles start to disappear with the server based within my ring doing the same. The game then states that it timed out. 

Even when I restart the game same thing. Rebooting console same thing. 

When you search, do you see a server being blocked on the Map? It will appear in a different country e.g. China, USA etc?

From what we've seen, the Geo-Filter is awesome for forcing the server region you want, but some of the Australian servers are mislocated so we need to manually relocate them back to Sydney.

If you could let us know the server IDs of any you find that'd be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Netduma Admin said:

When you search, do you see a server being blocked on the Map? It will appear in a different country e.g. China, USA etc?

From what we've seen, the Geo-Filter is awesome for forcing the server region you want, but some of the Australian servers are mislocated so we need to manually relocate them back to Sydney.

If you could let us know the server IDs of any you find that'd be great.

Yeah are those the triangles I see when the game first boots up? I’m guessing so cause the one within the geofence has the server icon and dashed around it. They all disappear by the time you search for a game. 

When search for a game all you is 3 triangles one on the east coast one on the west coast of USA the other locate somewhere in Central Europe. 

If I hit spectate mode I get games not on servers just peer to peer location is anywhere in the world. I never hit a sever here in Australia. 

Hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you boot the game up, those servers are all the dedicated server locations for Apex. The game is testing your ping to them, to see which is preferable for you. The Geo-Filter blocks everything except the Aussie one, so the game concludes 'best to give him Aus'.

Trouble is when you're then trying to play, some of the servers will be in the wrong place on the Geo-Filter when they're actually in Aus. Which means they're getting blocked by mistake.

Could you try this for now and let us know if this improves things:

1. Boot up game with Filtering Mode on and just covering Aus

2. After game has finished booting up and all those triangles have disappear from the Map, set your Ping Assist to 50ms. (Ping Assist is in your Geo-Filter Map options)

3. Play games

Could you then let us know how often you successfully join a game vs times it gets blocked.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

By inconsistencies are you referring to lag or being unable to connect to the game/incorrectly located servers?

Referring to k me having cable internet now and it will only give me 78 dwn.  Out 300,no matter what I did it's still was inconsistent don't get me wrong Duma OS is a great product but netduma R one right now still tops it in my opinion. I don't have a problem at all with the r1 1.03.6j but I wouldn't mind if y'all would update the theme have like Duma army in the back just saying 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Jedi4ya said:

Referring to k me having cable internet now and it will only give me 78 dwn.  Out 300,no matter what I did it's still was inconsistent don't get me wrong Duma OS is a great product but netduma R one right now still tops it in my opinion. I don't have a problem at all with the r1 1.03.6j but I wouldn't mind if y'all would update the theme have like Duma army in the back just saying 

So the original firmware you get full speeds but DumaOS you do not? Have you disabled QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat's 3 line menu?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So the original firmware you get full speeds but DumaOS you do not? Have you disabled QoS in Anti-Bufferbloat's 3 line menu?

Yes I have, I  full speeds then  but bufferbloat is crappy, also why do that when the very purpose of the net Duma is to a eliminate latency by the algorithm to get the best gaming experience. All I'm saying is netduma r1 software is Superior to Duma os and Duma os software needs to go back to the drawing board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...