Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

• Administrators
On 6/8/2020 at 3:14 PM, Tua PR said:

Hi,

Any update on Apex Legends?

What you could recommend me?

Alex has been rather busy due to 3.0 but should have some time soon. Do this for now:

On 6/3/2020 at 10:38 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Just use Spectating Mode for now, select the server on the game and monitor the connection in the Geo ping panel would be my recommendation until a cloud can be done.

I’ve been testing out the Geo Filter over last few days on this game.

when I place my radius only over the UK it’s will start to load the map up and then kick me to the main menu because the game tried to put me on the German server or the other servers around Germany. I tried for over an hour to connect to the U.K. server and it just wouldn’t put me on it, it was showing up on the geo filter but it’s like the game kept me off it.

When placing geo filter in Singapore or servers in America it connects to them. 

I don’t understand why I can’t play on the London server, I have geo filter set to strict and also the London server is selected on game.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sable said:

I’ve been testing out the Geo Filter over last few days on this game.

when I place my radius only over the UK it’s will start to load the map up and then kick me to the main menu because the game tried to put me on the German server or the other servers around Germany. I tried for over an hour to connect to the U.K. server and it just wouldn’t put me on it, it was showing up on the geo filter but it’s like the game kept me off it.

When placing geo filter in Singapore or servers in America it connects to them. 

I don’t understand why I can’t play on the London server, I have geo filter set to strict and also the London server is selected on game.

It's more likely that it's an authentication server that needs to be allowed - if you allow the one that gets blocked do you get the UK server? Alex will be doing a cloud very soon.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's more likely that it's an authentication server that needs to be allowed - if you allow the one that gets blocked do you get the UK server? Alex will be doing a cloud very soon.

I’m not sure where the authentication server is, none show up

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Sable said:

I’m not sure where the authentication server is, none show up

That's what I mean, the one that is being blocked and causing you to get kicked if not allowed may be the authentication server rather than a game server.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, the server selector is incorrect, if I chose London server it will put me in Belgium Amsterdam etc, this is why the go-filter is essential to get the best possible gameplay 

• Administrators

Thank you for the information, are you verifying this with the Geo-Filter? If you ping those servers is the ping closer to what you would get to those countries or the London server? Just checking they're not mislocated on the map.

When I look on the geo-filter, And I choose London servers, It showing Belgium etc on the geo-filter, The pings isn’t to great either, As you can expect, This is probably why the geo-filter isn’t working great

On 7/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the information, are you verifying this with the Geo-Filter? If you ping those servers is the ping closer to what you would get to those countries or the London server? Just checking they're not mislocated on the map.

Also has I haven’t been accepted for the 3.0 beta which is fine, Is it possible to ask one of your testers to try out apex with the geo-filter on? Or one of your colleagues, the new firmware might solve the issue 😀

• Administrators

What pings are you getting to that Belgium server? It isn't a firmware issue, it is just based on the cloud so we need to test it properly and release some updates. It can take a few times to get it right as each game uses a lot of servers which aren't always immediately noticeable.

• 1 month later...

Still does not work, I am in central US. I select St. Louis as my location/server and it will try to connect me to Dallas almost every single time which is notoriously bad. It will take 30 - 45 min to connect to a St. Louis server. Also I see Iowa on the ping list but it NEVER connects to these servers. It would be nice if they could figure out a fix for this. Frustrating, this game is almost unplayable in the mid-west as you cannot connect to any servers close to you. 

• Administrators

We are still looking at the cloud and doing more updates, I've asked a team member if there is a way to do this quicker. When you select the server in the game does it put you on something with a higher ping?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
18 hours ago, Anilman92 said:

Is there a new database for apex legends?

or upcoming new database?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There will be an update to the cloud for Apex and we're in the process of doing that, unsure when it will be available precisely.