Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
16 hours ago, kava05 said:

cant connect to the server here in Australia  if Geo filter is turned on 

Do you see it in Spectating Mode? What happens when you try it in Filtering Mode? Does it not appear at all?

On 6/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, kava05 said:

cant connect to the server here in Australia  if Geo filter is turned on 

You will get booted from servers a lot if you have the Geo filter on Filtering Mode because of all the mislocated servers outside of Aus atm. It's almost unusable in Australia atm for Apex Legends unfortunately :/ In the menu screens it'll always connect you to either a US or EU dedicated server, never a Sydney dedicated server. Just set your radius over Aus and NZ, Spectating Mode on, Ping Assist set to about 5ms higher than what you'd normally get connecting to a Sydney server., Strict Mode On. That way it'll connect to all the necessary servers outside of Aus, it's less than ideal but has worked for me so far. 

Edit: You'll also NEVER see yourself connecting to a Sydney dedicated server in game, ALWAYS a Peer in the either Eastern Australia, Westcoast US or the center of China. But in actual fact though it is the Sydney dedicated server just terribly mislocated somewhere and misclassified as a Peer. 

Not sure if it's fixable on the Duma dev side or not? :/ @Netduma Fraser

Edited by SwiftCookie

@SwiftCookie I'm from NJ and seem to also not connect to NJ servers. The game keeps trying to host me in Texas or Salt Lake. We have dedis in NJ but if do by any chance join NJ servers, the host rate is tremendously higher than the clients tick rate. Do you know if we can better it? Or is that on Apex servers side?

• Administrators
13 hours ago, SwiftCookie said:

You will get booted from servers a lot if you have the Geo filter on Filtering Mode because of all the mislocated servers outside of Aus atm. It's almost unusable in Australia atm for Apex Legends unfortunately 😕 In the menu screens it'll always connect you to either a US or EU dedicated server, never a Sydney dedicated server. Just set your radius over Aus and NZ, Spectating Mode on, Ping Assist set to about 5ms higher than what you'd normally get connecting to a Sydney server., Strict Mode On. That way it'll connect to all the necessary servers outside of Aus, it's less than ideal but has worked for me so far. 

Edit: You'll also NEVER see yourself connecting to a Sydney dedicated server in game, ALWAYS a Peer in the either Eastern Australia, Westcoast US or the center of China. But in actual fact though it is the Sydney dedicated server just terribly mislocated somewhere and misclassified as a Peer. 

Not sure if it's fixable on the Duma dev side or not? 😕 @Netduma Fraser

3 hours ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

@SwiftCookie I'm from NJ and seem to also not connect to NJ servers. The game keeps trying to host me in Texas or Salt Lake. We have dedis in NJ but if do by any chance join NJ servers, the host rate is tremendously higher than the clients tick rate. Do you know if we can better it? Or is that on Apex servers side?

Swift, the mislocations and misclassifications can be fixed yes. Are you both saying that despite actually selecting the server closest to you on the in game server list that it doesn't put you on that server at all?

Correct. I just bought the Nighthawk XR500 and it seems if I turn off strict/auto ping and refer to spectating mode then I can load NJ but once I turn on filter/strict/auto ping, I get kicked from server. To "connecting match making list 1 out of 9" for about 10 mins. Restart game and same.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, BugsAndGlitches- said:

Correct. I just bought the Nighthawk XR500 and it seems if I turn off strict/auto ping and refer to spectating mode then I can load NJ but once I turn on filter/strict/auto ping, I get kicked from server. To "connecting match making list 1 out of 9" for about 10 mins. Restart game and same.

Are you seeing anything outside your radius being blocked when this happens? 

Yeah UK and Texas alot.  Funny thing, it seems to work now. When I spectate in "press x" screen, I bypass it and go to lobby. Then once I'm in the lobby, I can play in my servers. Unfortunately, Apex host rate is higher than client rate and seems to always appear as "Peer". 

Edited by BugsAndGlitches-
Forgot to add

• Administrators

I'd ping those servers and see if the ping matches up with the location or if they seem to be mislocated i.e. their ping is much lower than you'd expect. That's great, glad to hear it is working. We'll do a cloud update and try to get those misclassifications sorted.

Hello

Just wondering if this game will ever be properly compatible with the geo filter. Filtering mode is a real pain to work with this game, you get a game or maybe two then something decides you won't be getting anymore in filter mode. Timeout after timeout and unable to get in a game, it results in a really poor experience, shame really cause i do notice when the filter works for the one off game its a much better gameplay experience as opposed to the game itself deciding to put me overseas. 

im an OG netduma user so i know all the tricks and things to try and have tried, i guess im looking for a simple answer will it work better in future with apex, or the state it is in just now is the best we can do?

2 hours ago, Buckeye Purple said:

Hello

Just wondering if this game will ever be properly compatible with the geo filter. Filtering mode is a real pain to work with this game, you get a game or maybe two then something decides you won't be getting anymore in filter mode. Timeout after timeout and unable to get in a game, it results in a really poor experience, shame really cause i do notice when the filter works for the one off game its a much better gameplay experience as opposed to the game itself deciding to put me overseas. 

im an OG netduma user so i know all the tricks and things to try and have tried, i guess im looking for a simple answer will it work better in future with apex, or the state it is in just now is the best we can do?

Yeah, I have the exact same experience with filtering mode switched on. It's extremely frustrating.. Especially when its been working fine for 30-45 minutes and then all of sudden it just gives you the middle finger haha 

How on earth can I improve my connection to this game?

Last night I played about 15 games with the update and got ONE kill. I get SHREDDED about matter what armor I have.

I connect to the New York server and the ping is low - I just suffer greatly no matter what. 

1 hour ago, MikeTHIS said:

How on earth can I improve my connection to this game?

Last night I played about 15 games with the update and got ONE kill. I get SHREDDED about matter what armor I have.

I connect to the New York server and the ping is low - I just suffer greatly no matter what. 

If you are connecting to a server close to yourself and you are getting a low ping.. I would say you are on the best connection that is possible. 

The issue with Apex is that the Sever Tickrate is not great and it always prefers the shooter. So if there started shooting you first there would get priority over you.

3 hours ago, Dialatech said:

If you are connecting to a server close to yourself and you are getting a low ping.. I would say you are on the best connection that is possible. 

The issue with Apex is that the Sever Tickrate is not great and it always prefers the shooter. So if there started shooting you first there would get priority over you.

Yeah I saw Battlenonsense when he came out with that. Been following him a long time. 

Ill give it a few nights to settle down, I’m sure it’s because so many people are active again. 

• Administrators
On 7/2/2019 at 2:30 PM, Dialatech said:

How often does Netduma do a cloud update on server locations?

It really depends on workload but we try to get one out as often as possible.

On 7/2/2019 at 4:15 PM, Buckeye Purple said:

Hello

Do you notice anything being blocked when you get timeouts at all? If so can you allow those and it works then?

Hi fraser

I've given up now trying to use this in filter mode, this thread has been going on since february with the same questions and replies from staff. i guess this game is some incompatible anomaly in filter mode. If you guys do your own home testing and post back hey we got solutions then i will be delighted.

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Buckeye Purple said:

Hi fraser

I've given up now trying to use this in filter mode, this thread has been going on since february with the same questions and replies from staff. i guess this game is some incompatible anomaly in filter mode. If you guys do your own home testing and post back hey we got solutions then i will be delighted.

No worries, we will continue to test and optimise the games as much as possible, we'll let people know when a cloud has been done.

GeoFilter in Filtering Mode is still completely unusable in Australia, can't even get passed the Apex Legends splash screen where you choose your data center. I spent hours sending you guys all the mislocated located and incorrectly categorised dedicated Sydney servers via your provided form but nothing's been done with them :(

On 7/10/2019 at 2:53 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I've just seen a high level request for a cloud update within the team so I suspect I'll hear back on that shortly, sorry to hear it's still an issue but should hopefully be resolved shortly.

Thanks heaps mate! :)