Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dethrone_v2 said:

Yes, still has few problems: matchmaking issues, error codes, and the big one still high ping. 

What ping do you get to the nearest server?

Could you be more explicit on what you mean by matchmaking issues, error codes etc?

I noticed I would get the error quite often when I have the filtering turned on. As I would try to play on an Oregon server and would set the geofilter in Oregon. But I will still be placed on Salt Lake server (well it tries to connect me there as I see it on the geofilter). But for some strange reason, if I set my geofilter actual location, ie. California. I would then connect but on servers on the east coast... one of them especially being Virginia.  I don't know what it is, but I cannot play on an Oregon server, as I would sometimes see Salt Lake having a high ping(sometimes) and would rather change to a server without such a ping be it Oregon. Though I see the servers show up when I open the game and press Start for it to look for the servers and Oregon shows two servers, but cannot get on them. Any idea as to why this is happening? As 50 million players are now playing Apex, I know there should be additional servers for Oregon to log on to.

Edit: I have attached some screenshots. 1st Screenshot is when I log into game and game finds servers. 2nd Screenshot is after I change Data Center to Oregon and the Third Screenshot is me logging into a game.  If I only placed on Oregon server, I wouldn't get a game even after choosing the sever. As you see, it shows California Server??? and a server on the East Coast. 

Thanks,

- Tray

netduma1serverlocations.png

netduma2.png

netduma3.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

What ping do you get to the nearest server?

Could you be more explicit on what you mean by matchmaking issues, error codes etc?

I'm around 80-90 ping and I know under is good for gaming but I get ping spikes at over 120, my best pings are not the dedicated servers, I get 40-50 connecting to peers. My matchmaking issues are sometimes it won't let join a game and at the end of game I get error codes. I live in South Carolina and I know we two servers here so I'm not quite sure why I'm having these issues, i have my distance set at like 500-600miles and even when i set it to like 900, I dont have as much issues but still  few. But I especially have issues when playing with friends. Like joining games and this might be off topic of Apex but how I cant join a chat party, I play on PS4 Pro, and I always the NAT types issue, I have NAT type 2. I'm still very new to using a gaming router, it's my first one and I've only had it a few weeks now. Any help will be much appreciated. 

• Administrators

@TrayDay - when you boot up the game you should set your Filter to Filtering Mode and have it set around the region you want to play on i.e. Salt Lake City and Oregon. Then if the game tries to give you East Coast, which it may regularly do, the filter will block it. You should then just need to restart the search to find another game

@Dethrone_v2 Nat Type 2 is an open NAT on PS4 - it just means that you have connected a router to another router. Which is true for many people, so don't worry about that.

As for your friends, you probably need to add them to your Allow list. See the Allow section of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000089132-how-to-use-allow-and-deny-on-dumaos

Finally, the ping. Is your ping about 80-90 to the servers nearest you? And you live in SC right? It should be a lot lower. Where do you read the ping from, the Geo-Filter? Let us know and we can help you find out why this is so high.

@MattyAu - could you make sure you have set your filter to filtering mode when you boot up game, so it just covers the Sydney servers. Then try playing - what happens exactly? Do you get a game relatively within a couple of attempts?

22 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

How often do you get this? It looks like the Geo-Filter correctly blocked a US server - but you should get European servers most of the time right?

No it always wants me to connect to USA servers

Definitely not working for me got the European servers covered by geofilter plus ping assist of 200ms and strict mode off and it still won't connect wether in filter mode or spectating mode only way to connect is delete console from geofilter then connects no problem just not to the best servers 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Sci0n said:

No it always wants me to connect to USA servers

Could you provide us with the ID of that server please? It may be an authentication server that we missed out.

2 hours ago, dav581005 said:

Definitely not working for me got the European servers covered by geofilter plus ping assist of 200ms and strict mode off and it still won't connect wether in filter mode or spectating mode only way to connect is delete console from geofilter then connects no problem just not to the best servers 

Could you provide a screenshot please of what you're seeing in filtering mode?

13 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

@TrayDay - when you boot up the game you should set your Filter to Filtering Mode and have it set around the region you want to play on i.e. Salt Lake City and Oregon. Then if the game tries to give you East Coast, which it may regularly do, the filter will block it. You should then just need to restart the search to find another game

@Dethrone_v2 Nat Type 2 is an open NAT on PS4 - it just means that you have connected a router to another router. Which is true for many people, so don't worry about that.

As for your friends, you probably need to add them to your Allow list. See the Allow section of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000089132-how-to-use-allow-and-deny-on-dumaos

Finally, the ping. Is your ping about 80-90 to the servers nearest you? And you live in SC right? It should be a lot lower. Where do you read the ping from, the Geo-Filter? Let us know and we can help you find out why this is so high.

@MattyAu - could you make sure you have set your filter to filtering mode when you boot up game, so it just covers the Sydney servers. Then try playing - what happens exactly? Do you get a game relatively within a couple of attempts?

Thanks, I tried logging into the game with the filter already turned on and when I get to the moment when it's connecting me to the server. I would get the "connection to the server timed out.... see .. unable-to-connection for additional information"

I've attached to show that I am filtering only Oregon.and you will see in the photo what lights up when trying to connect. 

Edit: I've also attached a second screenshot, as I exited the game and tried connecting again and you seecali information popped up when connecting with the same error again. 

netduma4.png

netduma5.png

16 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

3 hours ago, TrayDay said:

I tried logging into the game with the filter already turned on and when I get to the moment when it's connecting me to the server. I would get the "connection to the server timed out.... see .. unable-to-connection for additional information"

I get the exact same error as TrayDay when initially trying to log with the filtering mode enabled.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, MattyAu said:

I get the exact same error as TrayDay when initially trying to log with the filtering mode enabled.

Have you clicked 'Flush Cloud' to get the latest database? Which device are you playing on?

10 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

Have you clicked 'Flush Cloud' to get the latest database? Which device are you playing on?

I click it prior to every Apex gaming session lately. I play on Xbox; it appears when I'm on the Sydney server, the Geo-filter shows them as in EU or US...

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter doesn't prioritise dedicated servers over peers at all. It's also very likely with a BR game that it's not using P2P at all so most likely catching a server incorrectly marked as a peer, if you let us know the ID we can check and update it

I was manually selecting the Servers in-game, and then copying the ID's to a post, even though they were marked as peers, however, when I went back through the 'Auto Pinged' Servers, the ID's were different, so I'm assuming it was picking up the peers I was joining with. 

I deselected Auto Ping Host and manually selected the servers that were showing up in the EU and US (even though I had selected a Sydney server in-game) and they were showing high pings, so I assume correctly located?

Not real sure what's going with it all but will copy all ID's that come up next time I play, see if any consecutively match.

• Administrators

They will have multiple servers in each city/region not just one so you will get different IDs for the same location so that is normal.

Yes that sounds right so the game probably put you on one of those servers. Don't worry if the match at all for the above reason. Any that appear to be marked as peer or incorrectly located we want.

Apex not working well with the Geo-Filter for me, Won't let me connect to the servers 95% of the time, When it does work it won't let me play again after the game has ended, I need to dashboard and restart the game, I'm playing on Xbox, When Geo-Filter is off it works alright, It didn't work well on PUBG either, I've flushed the cloud also 😀

Not sure if they turn off some servers or not but had no problems at all over the weekend even took geofilter circle right down to just cover the London servers and worse I got was a disconnection after the game every now and again but could easily reconnect again but now I have had to put it in spectating mode in order to connect even though filter circle is now covering uk France and Germany gonna leave it in spectating mode till weekend and see what happens then 

• Administrators

I think a lot of this is the game itself. I experience the can't connect to servers after having finished/left a game regardless of the Geo-Filter, also happens on my ISP hub. The subreddit is full of comments about crashes/disconnects. 

• Administrators

The filtering does work but what I mean is the game is having issues of its' own at the moment you may think is related to the Geo-Filter but I don't think that is the case at this stage. We'll of course keep optimising the game as much as possible.