R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

Netduma Luke

I bought an XR500 and have to say the DumaOS is just overrated. I played hears pf war with it all set up. The lag was soooo bad people just took pure direct hits.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sci0n/video/53503121

this clip sums up how poor the DumaOS really is.

They know this whole DumaOS is nothing what they said it was.

I got a twitter reply from them back on June 6th

The development team are hard at work on it. DumaOS on the R1 is something all of us want to happen, but we won't be giving a timeframe for the release to avoid making the same mistakes. When it's ready we'll let you all know on our social media platforms. - Jack

So using an expletive on the forums is bad, but lying is ok?

Instead of giving the same song and dance answer, the mods need to tell Netduma that they won't me moderating any posts until a meaningful statement is released/posted by Ian or someone else. Claiming that you're just volunteers and don't know anything doesn't cut it. You have power to act as a group in support of the members here. Don't be complicit in their behavior.

Don't make us invoke Godwin's Law....

I have issues with GUI on 4k monitors, I have constant restarts which wiping all my settings, R1 has no times zones, host analysis is not working ... Just to mention some. An update is more than urgent and is advertised for 2 years now.

Please tell us how much more patient we should be... maybe just a few more weeks? At this point, it would even better they just say it will never come and we can move on. But right now they are playing with us. This is ridiculous. BTW are u paid shill (you sound like Netdumas excuses all over)???

Reminds me at header.jpg?t=1526485367

hi :)

i have no excuse for Netduma at all because i know what kind of monitors to use for gaming, and btw i am waiting for the update too! but Netduma didn't say the new update will be after 2 years before, they just found i good router it fit with the software they made and they trying so hard just to let it work on R1 this is all the story i think.

if you have any issue with your 4K tv/monitor just go open ticket here and in your 4k tv/monitor support website.. maybe you just need to change some options on you 4k.

again i am not in your side and i am not in duma side, i am just want the best for us me.. you.. everyone.. duma team..

let's work as a team

peace

Sorry people bought this product on the basis that the update would be out on it, otherwise they wouldnt of bought the R1.

It's your stupid fault if you purchased just for the update, that makes you a moron haha

Imagine investing money into something that isn't even available yet

What's next, going to throw 500$ into flying cars too?

Going to bitch because flying cars aren't out yet?

Bad logic, bad performance, overall 2/10

LOL your logic is simply flawed. That's like your boss promises you a pay raise since 2 years, then he announces a certain date for the pay raise and before the pay raise he says it needs a  few more weeks and when you ask him about the pay raise he says that you already work for him. Only because the firmware is free doesn't mean that we can't complain. They promised us since 2 years that the firmware will be available soon.

>Only because the firmware is free doesn't mean that we can't complain.

Yes, it does, it literally means you can't complain, you have absolutely no right to complain about something that costs you nothing.

It's a completely free update that's costing the company a lot of time, resources, and hard work, the last thing they need is 12 yr old cod players crying because their free stuff isn't out yet.

d04.png

It is an issue when said update remains vapourware after 2 years with little in the way of information or support. There's nothing entitled about expressing disappointment that a promise has not been delivered and a 

What promise?

As far as I'm aware there's never been a guaranteed or promised release date.

It takes as long as it takes to release, the hardware limitations you're talking about are exactly why they need all the extra time.

Do people really want a broken ass rushed update that could potentially have bugs that brick your device completely?

Is that the road people want to go down?

I'd rather get a product I know is going to work and perform 100%

Do people really want a broken ass rushed update that could potentially have bugs that brick your device completely?

Is that the road people want to go down?

I'd rather get a product I know is going to work and perform 100%

It should take, at absolute most, a few more weeks. Nothing more as we have everything else working.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, it does, it literally means you can't complain, you have absolutely no right to complain about something that costs you nothing.

It's a completely free update that's costing the company a lot of time, resources, and hard work, the last thing they need is 12 yr old cod players crying because their free stuff isn't out yet.

d04.png

Again your post/answer and this stupid picture shows that you are not the brightest candle on the cake. Of course it costs money because we all paid a good amount of money for the router which guaranteed "life time" support and Netduma announced several releases dates but broke it every time. So therefore....

d04.png

just because you say it's free doesn't make it so. It's an inclusion in the PURCHASE of the router. Free is the feedback the community gives to netduma. It doesn't matter when the update comes out because like every other update released, the forums are going to be flooded with issues.

I get their hard at work. What I don't get is why they announce dates they know they can't meet. Without a definitive date there's no reason mention one. I think that's the real issue everyone is having.

It's your stupid fault if you purchased just for the update, that makes you a moron haha

Imagine investing money into something that isn't even available yet

What's next, going to throw 500$ into flying cars too?

Going to bitch because flying cars aren't out yet?

Bad logic, bad performance, overall 2/10

Someone with a weak argument always goes after the other person rather than their argument.

They broke their promise of end of april release aswell as their few weeks is all it will take lie. This company has 0 good will. Half of the other options in the router are not functioning properly for users, except for mods that is - they have higher iqs so everything works fine for them.

A lie is a lie and they should be called out for it. People who visit the forums must know what they are throwing their hands into.

Someone with a weak argument always goes after the other person rather than their argument.

They broke their promise of end of april release aswell as their few weeks is all it will take lie. This company has 0 good will. Half of the other options in the router are not functioning properly for users, except for mods that is - they have higher iqs so everything works fine for them.

A lie is a lie and they should be called out for it. People who visit the forums must know what they are throwing their hands into.

I agree. The R1 is now out for so a long time and is still not working properly. After one year of using I had to send mine back, cause I was in warranty. After using the new one for a week the same bugs appear. Cannot load profiles or save them. I have always to restart the router. And this is annoying asf. A 200,- euro device that is not fixed yet. I dont think we will get the DumaOs because the R1 is too weak. Especially the Wifi.

Just for the remember , the false publicity : << DumaOS will soon be launched on the Netduma R1 (as a free upgrade) >>

Pushing people to buy netgear without upgrade the R1 . Don't say nothing on it , its a shame too . 

Stop erase my comments with your stupid admin that you give free netgear xr500 .  you don t respect any customers

Stop erase my comments with your stupid admin that you give free netgear xr500 .  you don t respect any customers

You comment was erased as you used the word "F**K" several times and so it was subsequently deleted which was why you were given a warning as foul language is not allowed on this forum. Other than that, you can say what you like!

You comment was erased as you used the word "F**K" several times and so it was subsequently deleted which was why you were given a warning as foul language is not allowed on this forum. Other than that, you can say what you like!

le problème c'est que à mon avis il aime rien à part craché sur tous...

So this is funny: I work in a Software Development firm and we recently started to work with a Netgear subsidiary specialized in Network R & D.

I befriend the guy/gal and turns out he's/she's a gamer as well, so the topic turns to Netduma. He/she basically confirmed what I assumed was going to happen. The famous backward compatibility patch is not just for the R1 (if it does happen) but for a variety of potential routers. Seems like Netgear was just the beginning, and They're going on the software side of the business which makes perfect sense to me, since I've never regretted investing in the software when it worked as intended. I certainly didn't pay 200 bucks for a Mikrotik board, that's for sure.

So the real issue with Netduma is transparency and bad marketing. Go figure.

Oh, and the mods have said a million times they're not insiders or privy to company information, so I guess it's fair to say you can't verify or debunk this. It's gonna be very hard to justify deleting this.

First of all I am a satisfied Netduma R1 user. It has its flaws but thats why DumaOS is announced.

I am still using my R1, and almost convinced myself of buying the XR500. But there is the question is it better then the R1??

No communication about that topic, what will be the differences between those 2 except faster hardware.

Ok nowI have read this thread several times the last months and have a few good laughs.

Today I read some more and had to make a post. Keep in mind this is my first post on a public forum in 10 years.

I can't believe there is no update whatsoever. On Twitter everyday announcements (on the R1 dashboard) about DumaOS functions on the XR500.

The most of all I am dissapointed in the promisses that are made, delay announcement (false or not) and then the total lack of communication.

Announcements on the Netduma website are changed out of the blue, without any updates how the development is going. What can we expect?

Free or no free update.

Pls Netduma make an end on all of this and set some thing clear to all of your Netduma users. What can we expect?

Put that on Twitter!

Sorry for my bad English.

The end.

So this is funny: I work in a Software Development firm and we recently started to work with a Netgear subsidiary specialized in Network R & D.

I befriend the guy/gal and turns out he's/she's a gamer as well, so the topic turns to Netduma. He/she basically confirmed what I assumed was going to happen. The famous backward compatibility patch is not just for the R1 (if it does happen) but for a variety of potential routers. Seems like Netgear was just the beginning, and They're going on the software side of the business which makes perfect sense to me, since I've never regretted investing in the software when it worked as intended. I certainly didn't pay 200 bucks for a Mikrotik board, that's for sure.

So the real issue with Netduma is transparency and bad marketing. Go figure.

Oh, and the mods have said a million times they're not insiders or privy to company information, so I guess it's fair to say you can't verify or debunk this. It's gonna be very hard to justify deleting this.

thanks for the insider infos, the person whos in charge for the public communication at netduma should be send back to school, ive rarely seen such an incompetente company communication

making an announcement to go full software side would harm exactly no one and would hardly affect the sales too

i mean removing the R1 statement from the homepage with no additional info on that?

no clue how such a person could get into a leadership role at netduma or how the people above could think thats a good strategy lol

either way, ill visit this forum in a few weeks or month again and expect exactly 0 progress until then, pretty sure netduma can at least meet my expectations in that regard

Netduma is like Bungie: beautiful promises but again and again, they don't deliver, then suddenly! Complete radio silence..... ''Because it's probably way smarter to completely keep your mouth shut to your customers than trying to give some sort of information''. And then years later nothing more than frustration and mere disappointment, because the thing (they) advertised to gain more clients, never happened.....

@asentrix used foul language against other members by attacking them? Are we being selective here? His post is already reported.

Unless I missed something, he didn't use foul language. You reported him for saying 'moron'.

While we don't condone name-calling and we do keep an eye on it, in the context it was written it wouldn't qualify as foul language even to a 16th century Pope.

Please use the report function for genuine breaches of forum rules rather than petty squabbles. Misuse of the report function can be considered 'spamming' and therefore a breach of forum rules.