Jump to content

Netduma Fraser

Administrators
  • Posts

    87510
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    1947

Everything posted by Netduma Fraser

  1. What is your connection like without the router?
  2. You'd get the config file from your VPN provider, it's not something I can get for you, one you have that then you should be able to connect. Nord have them I believe. Also just so you know we don't support getting around SBMM so I won't be able to help with that part specifically.
  3. I replied to your other topic, we can continue there
  4. There is a newer one here: https://kb.netgear.com/000066233/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-74 in theory it shouldn't make any difference but there is always a chance.
  5. Whenever you connect via a VPN you always run that risk, you're adding extra hops and therefore extra ping - we're doing work with how HVPN works with other features so it may improve
  6. I would suggest resetting Bandwidth Allocation, that's not necessary and then it's just a case of experimenting with the Congestion Control percentages to find what works best for you - it's individual to each person/setup so there isn't much to advise other than that
  7. It probably is the above, let us know if that fixes it for you
  8. No need to make multiple topics but let's continue in your other topic as you already have a response there: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/55973-higher-ping-with-duma-router-then-regular-nighthawk-xr300xr500xr1000/
  9. Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you're seeing exactly please?
  10. @itz_KonfliK I'll respond in your topic
  11. For the moment yes that is what you'd need to do, they will be not to worry!
  12. Okay well a new version shouldn't be too far away now
  13. No there isn't an option for that at the moment but I think it will be coming in one of the next versions
  14. Yes exactly
  15. What's the issue exactly the VPN won't connect or your IP isn't changing for devices? Could you provide the config you're using and the VPN logs if they're there please
  16. Keep experimenting with the percentages and you'll find what works best for you, as you've found the percentages don't need to be the same
  17. Vulnerabilities in what sense? I doubt anyone would be able to access your network - especially if you haven't got the console in the DMZ
  18. We don't do that kind of support and isn't necessary in this situation. I can't see what mode Congestion Control is set to Your percentages are very high, we usually recommend starting at 70% and experimenting from there Reset Bandwidth Allocation Remove the port rules in Traffic Prio Remove the traffic controller rule
  19. Not a waste at all, that's what we're here for!
  20. I'd connect via ethernet to get around the password problem and you should be able to go from there. What do you actually see when trying to access the interface? For the R2, while connected to the router via a wired Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.
  21. Do you use VLAN or PPPoE at all?
  22. That's good to hear so everything is connected to the router now and you have internet and it's all working?
  23. I appreciate you would like an immediate solution but unfortunately when it comes to complex tech that is not always possible, if I knew the precise cause then we wouldn't need to go back and forth. This is what troubleshooting is, trying different things and seeing if they work until we can come to a solution. Have you added anything to the allow list on the Geo-Filter? Potentially it could be PPPoE, if you have the ISP modem/router handle it instead does it then work?
  24. Do you have another router/device connected to the BT hub at the same time?
  25. Yeah it does seem to show activities by default but as long as you set it the way I mentioned it will still work for devices. I will pass that on for the team to change though because you're right it's not super clear
×
×
  • Create New...