NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

Hi,

I installed the beta, everything works except Adblock, it works on PC but on IPhone/iPad and on LG TV G1, I got all the ads on YouTube, and even more than usual… I can see ads who are saw by the router on the the Adblock section but I still have all the ads, any ideas ? Work only on PC and no on IOS/ LG OS TV?

Regards.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Aurelien77 said:

Hi,

I installed the beta, everything works except Adblock, it works on PC but on IPhone/iPad and on LG TV G1, I got all the ads on YouTube, and even more than usual… I can see ads who are saw by the router on the the Adblock section but I still have all the ads, any ideas ? Work only on PC and no on IOS/ LG OS TV?

Regards.

It won't work for YouTube unfortunately - still something we're trying to work around but they serve ads in a different way which makes them harder to block. Normal website ads should still be blocked.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In DHCP settings disable the option for it to run as a DHCP server, then add addresses for each device - a number between .2 and 253

that way it will stop the disconnections?

i have an issue when i followed the steps on page one. 

intermediary firmware > XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10.img  >  had to reboot/reset it a lot of time as got the message “netduma will take up 4 mins to load. If it takes more than 4 minutes try resetting your router.” when i did finally got in.  and then updated to > XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img and i did get the same message about wait 4mins. but now i only get the message "DumaOS is not Running!"

i have tried a power off and power on x6  reset with the button 5sec, 10sec and 30secs about 8x each still get the same message. left it power on for an hour, left it powered off for 30mins.  i cannot seem to get past this screen.  also tried this link 
routerlogin.net/adv_index and did not do anything. 

i have cleared 
each and cookies, tried safari, chrome and even duckduckgo

Screenshot 2023-12-15 at 02.56.30.png

Update
Think i have fixed the issue by using the Netgear app 1st to set it all up and after that it then shows up on my laptop fine without any issues . 

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Caution said:

i have an issue when i followed the steps on page one. 

intermediary firmware > XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc10.img  >  had to reboot/reset it a lot of time as got the message “netduma will take up 4 mins to load. If it takes more than 4 minutes try resetting your router.” when i did finally got in.  and then updated to > XR500-V2.3.2.134-dumaos33-rc14.img and i did get the same message about wait 4mins. but now i only get the message "DumaOS is not Running!"

i have tried a power off and power on x6  reset with the button 5sec, 10sec and 30secs about 8x each still get the same message. left it power on for an hour, left it powered off for 30mins.  i cannot seem to get past this screen.  also tried this link 
routerlogin.net/adv_index and did not do anything. 

i have cleared 
each and cookies, tried safari, chrome and even duckduckgo

Update
Think i have fixed the issue by using the Netgear app 1st to set it all up and after that it then shows up on my laptop fine without any issues . 

Great to hear you got it sorted, thanks for the update!

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Clear browser cache/cookies then you should be able to continue the wizard

Still nothing. Another PC/browser still cant move after this screen.

Edited by Ego

11 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Access routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm and continue the upgrade to RC14 and factory reset after that

Im trying acces routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm, but router still redirect me to routerlogin.net/BRS_index

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Ego said:

Im trying acces routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm, but router still redirect me to routerlogin.net/BRS_index

Use an incognito window and see if you can get through it then or factory reset it again then complete it and continue the upgrade path

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Use an incognito window and see if you can get through it then or factory reset it again then complete it and continue the upgrade path

In Incognito windows still cang get through, factory reset doesnt help with it - still cant get through.

K guys. Its doesnt work because of my language browser.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Ego said:

In Incognito windows still cang get through, factory reset doesnt help with it - still cant get through.

K guys. Its doesnt work because language of my system (Russian). Its a joke?

Not a joke, just a bug, change to english complete the wizard, complete the upgrade path then once on RC14 on the interface switch back to Russian

I have a little Trouble with the XR500 and Netduma os not loaded.
But after i go to: 

http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm

I can normal login to Netduma OS:

But i have a Question:

ist it possible to addon the Ultimate List for Adblocker?
https://github.com/hagezi/dns-blocklists#ultimate

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/52772-ad-block-list/

i post it on the R3 Forum, but i only have today the XR500.
MY R3 is on Shipping. 😀

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Fairypusher said:

I have a little Trouble with the XR500 and Netduma os not loaded.
But after i go to: 

http://192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm

I can normal login to Netduma OS:

But i have a Question:

ist it possible to addon the Ultimate List for Adblocker?
https://github.com/hagezi/dns-blocklists#ultimate

https://forum.netduma.com/topic/52772-ad-block-list/

i post it on the R3 Forum, but i only have today the XR500.
MY R3 is on Shipping. 😀

I replied in your topic

On 12/16/2023 at 1:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I replied in your topic

got good news!! messed with my xr500 some more and got it working again so gonna just use xr500 by itself till the xr1000 3.3 comes out then have xr500 as backup down the road!