Cod coldwar alpha fri 18th sep ps4

kinel

13 minutes ago, N3CR0 said:

No one was camping in any of the games I had yesturday, I played for 3 hours...

Except snipers in the dunes on Satellite which is to be expected really.

Not one single TDM or KC game has gone to the score limit for me today.

the maps are to big for 6v6 

there also to confusing

it can be hard to pick ppl out esp on miami

friendly footsteps are to loud enemy footsteps are just fine

muzzle flash is almost blinding

as for snipers , saw a kill cam a quick scoper 4 headshots then spun around pulled out a pistol and head shotted a guy behind him , aye right thats a cronos zen being used right there

guns to use ak47 / 47u , stoner thats it really

10 hours ago, mike said:

as for snipers , saw a kill cam a quick scoper 4 headshots then spun around pulled out a pistol and head shotted a guy behind him , aye right thats a cronos zen being used right there

LOL. Cronus Zen cannot aimbot! Not everyone who has amazing aim is cheating...

Played 4 games; backed out to PS menu and deleted the game...not ready to raise my blood pressure again for another one year, I'm skipping this years cod maybe the franchise in general because cold war is COPY AND PASTE OF MODERNWARE just reskinned.

Got no problem with it. Yea, I had 'shoot first die first' moments. but after digging into netduma setting, it was gone. 

Basic things ti know is to adjust between bandwidth and port prioritization 

Since it uses IW8.0 engine like MW, you can start from your mw setting and tweak it from there. I personally use MW setting sitting at about 2.6-2.7 KD 

The most important thing: 

- Bandwidth - Share Excess ON- Assign to ps4 for like 3mbps dl and 0.5 mbps upload 

- Port prioritization - 1-65535 (If you want to use the exact port, Use it!! This is just my lazy way)

I found the first day i was getting shoot first die  all the time some games  i barely got a kill

On scenond dayi was doing brillintly

Then i prioratised  pirt 1  -65355 tcp and udp 

And it was even better

I also pre orderd the ultimate editiion  89.99

So i get a free ps5 upgrade

22 hours ago, Sable said:

Pre ordered cross gen bundle, game plays way better than MW.

Im so glad to hear that as i wanted to ask you your views on it

16 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Got no problem with it. Yea, I had 'shoot first die first' moments. but after digging into netduma setting, it was gone. 

Since it uses IW8.0 engine like MW, you can start from your mw setting and tweak it from there. I personally use MW setting sitting at about 2.6-2.7 KD 

- Bandwidth - Share Excess ON- Assign to ps4 for like 3mbps dl and 0.5 mbps upload 

- Port prioritization - 1-65535 (If you want to use the exact port, Use it!! This is just my lazy way)

Damn i never tied to use bandwith alocation

I heard also the bad visability is to do with motion blur  i think its called

I disabeled mine only once at the start of beta  

but in the alpa it enables itself after every new game i heard

So that could be causing it

I don't think there was an option to see connection anywhere.

I didn't play much of the alpha - maybe 2 hours total because I just couldn't get a good connection at all. Day 2 I only played half a game before I went back to MW.

18 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

I thought it was using a modified version of black ops 3 engine? Also with share excess on doesn't that defeat the purpose of assigning the PS4 bandwidth because it won't be 3/0.5..

11 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I thought it was using a modified version of black ops 3 engine? Also with share excess on doesn't that defeat the purpose of assigning the PS4 bandwidth because it won't be 3/0.5..

Upgraded version of Black Ops III engine using tools from the IW 8.0 engine that ran MW19.

Basically every CoD game since CoD 2 has used the same engine, just modified for each game.

The devs for MW19 claimed it was a brand new engine they'd been working on the 5 years... that was a lie.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2020 at 10:05 PM, kinel said:

Did anyone find a way to see the ingame ping

As  i couldnt find it anywhere in settings

No it wasn’t in the Alpha but is in the beta, SBMM is still the same, haven’t been using the R2 for a while now as it seemed to have gone downhill connection wise in cod, dunno what caused it but couldn’t get it to give me a consistently stable connection so went back to asus router which never gives a problem, but I will for sure be using the R2 tonight to see what I can do with it and try to abuse the lag compensation.

On 9/23/2020 at 10:15 PM, kinel said:

I heard also the bad visability is to do with motion blur  i think its called

I disabeled mine only once at the start of beta  

but in the alpa it enables itself after every new game i heard

So that could be causing it

Yea the Alpha didn’t save any settings, so every time you reloaded Cold War you had to re-set all custom settings, hopefully not a problem tonight.

39 minutes ago, Sable said:

No it wasn’t in the Alpha but is in the beta, SBMM is still the same, haven’t been using the R2 for a while now as it seemed to have gone downhill connection wise in cod, dunno what caused it but couldn’t get it to give me a consistently stable connection so went back to asus router which never gives a problem, but I will for sure be using the R2 tonight to see what I can do with it and try to abuse the lag compensation.

I look forward to some of your game play

So apparently the lobbies disband after every match just like MW19 :( Can anyone confirm? I won't be playing til the open beta.

Supposedly the SBMM is much stronger than it was in the Alpha...

I feel like the sbmm has been toned down significantly but worryingly one of my friend is still getting orange boxes and this time they are even labelled packet burst 😂 i thought we had seen the last of these in mw guess not , has anyone been able to see the tick rates in the beta servers thus far ? 

24 minutes ago, braido1x said:

I feel like the sbmm has been toned down significantly but worryingly one of my friend is still getting orange boxes and this time they are even labelled packet burst 😂 i thought we had seen the last of these in mw guess not , has anyone been able to see the tick rates in the beta servers thus far ? 

A DumaOS user posted a screenshot on Reddit earlier showing 20hz tick servers.

2 hours ago, braido1x said:

No way has the SBMM been toned down, at least not on my end, every match is sliding jump shotting players with precision accuracy aiming, I managed to go on a 20 gun streak and the games after that were diabolical.

42 minutes ago, Sable said:

No way has the SBMM been toned down, at least not on my end, every match is sliding jump shotting players with precision accuracy aiming, I managed to go on a 20 gun streak and the games after that were diabolical.

I honestly felt like the matchmaking was similar to bo4 the games were  competitive but enjoyable  , I am one of those slide jumping players though 😂 does anyone know why the google servers haven’t been implemented ? I thought the deal was signed long ago