Ping Heatmap Question

Infoseye

I have asked a couples on different threads on what feature is for and how its used in a practical. What I know so far you select a ping target, comes up with results of servers etc. So what next? How can I use the information?

For instance I pinged target Call of Duty Warzone from the drop down list, came up with the server details. Does this mean I can add this server to my Allowed/Denied list? Can anyone please tell me how this works :) 

TY

Capture.JPG

• Administrators

Good question, so as you know game servers can fluctuate during the day meaning at different times you could have a worse experience. By using the feature you can find out whether your favorite server for example has a good ping at that time so you know whether to try to force it or force a different server using the Geo-Filter. Basically I would recommend using it in conjunction with the Geo-Filter to find the best servers for you - can also help if there are any mislocated servers so then you know where on the Geo-Filter to create your polygon or put your radius etc.

• Administrators

What I would do is this ping the game you want to play. In the right hand menu where it gives you the pings for all the servers, click on the one with the lowest ping. That should show you on the map where it is located. Zoom in so you know exactly where it is, then replicate that on the Geo-Filter - probably easiest with Polygon.

question also with ping heat map even though it says call of duty warzone can i use this for just regular matches or is it only for playing warzone in multiplayer? an how do you force it on geofilter do you make up your own list in heatmap an add the ip adress to use it? cause i have my radius or polygon around the server but it doesn't show up.

• Administrators

Hi Matthew - you can use it as the server locations are highly similar in CoD. The idea is to show you where a game’s server banks are located, and how good your connection is to each one. 

Currently, you should use the heatmap to find the best server locations for your game, then draw those as geo fences (using polygon mode) on the Geo-Filter. We’re looking into streamlining this so the two are tied together. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You've got a pretty low ping for one of those servers so I would force that one on the Geo-Filter. If you weren't using QoS at the time and devices were being used then they can be a bit lower but that's a direct ping to the servers available.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
47 minutes ago, PapiXim said:

Hey everytime i try to ping call of duty modern warfare or call of duty warzone it pops up N/A on all the servers any help on that ??

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Flush the cloud in the Ping Heatmap options, then it should work.

• 3 months later...

My ping heat map is only showing two servers available for black ops Cold War and none for black ops 4 in the United States, yet shows all the usual servers for modern warfare and warzone. Any idea why this is happening? Makes it hard to pinpoint the servers I’d like to play on. Geo filter still shows all the servers when booting up the game and while playing. I’ve force updated the cloud several times, Rebooted, etc. I’m not sure what else to try. 

21A4826E-3DB5-4071-BA6D-BA255C6B9975.jpeg

Edited by Kfetish
Typos

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Kfetish said:

My ping heat map is only showing two servers available for black ops Cold War and none for black ops 4 in the United States, yet shows all the usual servers for modern warfare and warzone. Any idea why this is happening? Makes it hard to pinpoint the servers I’d like to play on. Geo filter still shows all the servers when booting up the game and while playing. I’ve force updated the cloud several times, Rebooted, etc. I’m not sure what else to try. 

Nothing you need to do on your side, we need to update that. They change them frequently so we have to do as well, we should hopefully be able to do that this week.

Thank you for the follow up. That’s great to know as I thought something was wrong on my end. Keep up the great work. I’ve truly never had such great customer service. Inquiries are always thoroughly answered and in a timely manner. Much appreciated. 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Kfetish said:

Thank you for the follow up. That’s great to know as I thought something was wrong on my end. Keep up the great work. I’ve truly never had such great customer service. Inquiries are always thoroughly answered and in a timely manner. Much appreciated. 

You're very welcome and thanks for the great feedback! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/25/2020 at 11:00 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Flush the cloud in the Ping Heatmap options, then it should work.

Hi @Netduma Fraser , how are you? I'm having the same problem as the guy, I tried doing what you recommended but nothing changed, only for warzone and mw the servers give n/a.
Anyway flash cloud I only find it on geo-filter and not on ping heatmap and I did it 3 times even turning off the router.
The strange thing is that this has been happening since Friday when I changed provaider. Provaider gives me a good connection but on warzone and mw I ping from 65 to 120. Can you help me figure out what is going on and fix it please? Believe me I am going crazy. I attach speedtest of my connection

IMG_0530.PNG

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser , how are you? I'm having the same problem as the guy, I tried doing what you recommended but nothing changed, only for warzone and mw the servers give n/a.
Anyway flash cloud I only find it on geo-filter and not on ping heatmap and I did it 3 times even turning off the router.
The strange thing is that this has been happening since Friday when I changed provaider. Provaider gives me a good connection but on warzone and mw I ping from 65 to 120. Can you help me figure out what is going on and fix it please? Believe me I am going crazy. I attach speedtest of my connection

Hey, I'm good thanks how are you? We're aware it's not working, I've let the team know and they'll push a cloud update to resolve it on Monday - it won't affect you getting games through the Geo-Filter. Resync cloud is in the :menu menu on the Ping Heatmap panel.

It won't be related to the provider change, that's happening for everyone.

The ping is that shown on the Geo-Filter or in game? What is the difference between the two pings?

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, I'm good thanks how are you? We're aware it's not working, I've let the team know and they'll push a cloud update to resolve it on Monday - it won't affect you getting games through the Geo-Filter. Resync cloud is in the :menu menu on the Ping Heatmap panel.

It won't be related to the provider change, that's happening for everyone.

The ping is that shown on the Geo-Filter or in game? What is the difference between the two pings?

Glad to hear you are doing well, thank you too. Ok, I had misunderstood it is force cloud update, correct? Last time I checked in game it was 80/90 and on netduma 40/50 but for the connection I have it seems way too high. With the old provaider i had a higher base ping and in the servers i was doing much better. One strange thing I noticed in geo-filter is that it recognizes me as if I was in Germany when in fact I am in Italy. Any idea? Thanks again