Ping Heatmap Question

Infoseye

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I tried 5 minutes ago and nothing changed, I even updated the list after rebooting but nothing. I'll attach the screen, my router is xr700. Are 7/8 days that is so

It's working for me as well so it may just be taking a little while to propagate. Give it a few hours, then resync the cloud, ping again and let us know if that works

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's working for me as well so it may just be taking a little while to propagate. Give it a few hours, then resync the cloud, ping again and let us know if that works

Still nothing unfortunately, advice please?

Schermata 2022-03-30 alle 22.56.02.png

• Administrators

Could you resync the cloud from the menu :menu one more time and then open the right side so we can see the list of the servers please? Then I can check that against mine and see if there is a discrepancy

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you resync the cloud from the menu :menu one more time and then open the right side so we can see the list of the servers please? Then I can check that against mine and see if there is a discrepancy

Certainly, I attach a short video of the procedure I perform. 
There are a lot of servers missing, including unfortunately the ones I use.

12 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

@Netduma Fraser

Maybe you can't send videos?
I don't know if you as administrator can retrieve it, however I also attach the screen.
Thanks

When you Resync cloud, can you then check the logs in System information and see if it appears to have downloaded the latest update properly? Feel free to provide the logs here if you're not sure.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

When you Resync cloud, can you then check the logs in System information and see if it appears to have downloaded the latest update properly? Feel free to provide the logs here if you're not sure.

Logs reports nothing, neither as an error nor as a startup.
This is the first time this happens to me outside of your list updates.
That force cloud update doesn't do anything anyway I can tell right away, too fast.
I sent a video a few comments above that I hope you admins can see.
I'm going to try again by turning off the modem and clearing the cache and I'll update you.
If it doesn't work I'm also willing to do a complete clean reset of the router but I ask you, please, to let me do it on the new beta we were talking about yesterday.
Thanks

28 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Logs reports nothing, neither as an error nor as a startup.
This is the first time this happens to me outside of your list updates.
That force cloud update doesn't do anything anyway I can tell right away, too fast.
I sent a video a few comments above that I hope you admins can see.
I'm going to try again by turning off the modem and clearing the cache and I'll update you.
If it doesn't work I'm also willing to do a complete clean reset of the router but I ask you, please, to let me do it on the new beta we were talking about yesterday.
Thanks

OK, could you please resync cloud in Geo-filter, Ping heatmap, Adblocker and Device manager, then download the log and send it over so I can take a look at what might be happening?

Unfortunately I'm not able to see the video you've sent, could you perhaps upload it elsewhere then send a link?

I'm afraid I don't have a beta firmware to provide you just yet, it's still going through testing.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, could you please resync cloud in Geo-filter, Ping heatmap, Adblocker and Device manager, then download the log and send it over so I can take a look at what might be happening?

Unfortunately I'm not able to see the video you've sent, could you perhaps upload it elsewhere then send a link?

I'm afraid I don't have a beta firmware to provide you just yet, it's still going through testing.

Restarted the modem and nothing changed.
I was doing the screen recording to send you and this time in the logs there was this entry:
[DumaOS] Ping Heatmap cloudsync result: 'true' 'nil', Thursday, March 31, 2022 13:49:59
Is this enough or should I send you the video?

1 minute ago, Crazy Cat said:

Restarted the modem and nothing changed.
I was doing the screen recording to send you and this time in the logs there was this entry:
[DumaOS] Ping Heatmap cloudsync result: 'true' 'nil', Thursday, March 31, 2022 13:49:59
Is this enough or should I send you the video?

If you could download the log file from System Information -> Logs that'd be best. I can then see if there's anything else on the router causing issues that could be affecting Ping Heatmap. Presumably Ping Heatmap still doesn't appear to have updated despite seeing that entry in the log?

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you could download the log file from System Information -> Logs that'd be best. I can then see if there's anything else on the router causing issues that could be affecting Ping Heatmap. Presumably Ping Heatmap still doesn't appear to have updated despite seeing that entry in the log?

Exactly, the server list is not updated yet and flush cloud in geo filter didn't work either.
Unfortunately I don't get the email to be able to forward the log to you, I don't know why.
If you tell me what can be useful I'll check and update you.

12 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Exactly, the server list is not updated yet and flush cloud in geo filter didn't work either.
Unfortunately I don't get the email to be able to forward the log to you, I don't know why.
If you tell me what can be useful I'll check and update you.

If you click the three-line menu in the top left of the Logs panel, you can download the file and attached it here.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you click the three-line menu in the top left of the Logs panel, you can download the file and attached it here.

Sorry to contradict you, but are you sure this is the case for duma os on xr700? I don't see it

Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 14.29.27.png

5 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Sorry to contradict you, but are you sure this is the case for duma os on xr700? I don't see it

Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 14.29.27.png

If you go to System Information -> Scroll down to Logs -> Click the three-line menu in the top left of Logs and click 'Download Log File'.

29 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you go to System Information -> Scroll down to Logs -> Click the three-line menu in the top left of Logs and click 'Download Log File'.

Sorry but I didn't understand at first...the translator.
I did, is there any way to send it to you privately?

21 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I just sent an email to your kind attention.
Thank you

Yeah the logs show all the things I'd expect to see, that's very odd. Could you please quickly clarify which firmware version you're running exactly? I just tried on an XR700 internally and it worked there too.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Yeah the logs show all the things I'd expect to see, that's very odd. Could you please quickly clarify which firmware version you're running exactly? I just tried on an XR700 internally and it worked there too.

The firmware in use is the only beta duma os 3.0 that has been released. 
What can I do? Unfortunately so I'm forced to play with the filtering mode off or else I do not connect to the servers.
It's the first time that it happens to me so long

Schermata 2022-03-31 alle 17.52.02.png

• Administrators

Ping Heatmap just shows where the servers are, it doesn't impact your ability to use the Geo-Filter so you will still be able to force servers even with Heatmap not working correctly. Re-upgrade to the firmware, perform a factory reset then see if it works please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ping Heatmap just shows where the servers are, it doesn't impact your ability to use the Geo-Filter so you will still be able to force servers even with Heatmap not working correctly. Re-upgrade to the firmware, perform a factory reset then see if it works please.

I can tell you what happens to me, I play with ping assist and since the servers went away I have been searching for a game for 10 minutes without being thrown into the lobby.
As soon as I disconnected geo filter I was playing normally.
However I recently heard from a friend who has xr500 and is combined like me, he too does not see the servers and updating the list does not change things.
So it is not something that depends on me

• Administrators

Where are you located roughly? If you're on the West Coast US this is something we've heard before, it's taking awhile because it's trying to put you on the East Coast for some reason so likely when you disable that's where you're playing

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Where are you located roughly? If you're on the West Coast US this is something we've heard before, it's taking awhile because it's trying to put you on the East Coast for some reason so likely when you disable that's where you're playing

I live in Italy and the servers that I "select" through the ping assist are France, Holland and Germany.

• Administrators

What is your Ping Assist value set to? If it is too low then that would explain the longer search times. If you're trying to force servers it would be better to use the radius to cover them and set Ping Assist to 0.