Ping Heatmap Question

Infoseye

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is your Ping Assist value set to? If it is too low then that would explain the longer search times. If you're trying to force servers it would be better to use the radius to cover them and set Ping Assist to 0.

Ping assist is set to 41 and encapsulates the use of 4 servers. I can't use the geo filter because in France and Holland there are 2 nodes that go over this value.
I've been using netduma for almost 4 years now, something I've learned although advice is always welcome.
Anyway still the server list is broken and as I said yesterday it is not only my problem, my friend has a xr500 with duma os 3.0 final and has the same problem

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Ping assist is set to 41 and encapsulates the use of 4 servers. I can't use the geo filter because in France and Holland there are 2 nodes that go over this value.
I've been using netduma for almost 4 years now, something I've learned although advice is always welcome.
Anyway still the server list is broken and as I said yesterday it is not only my problem, my friend has a xr500 with duma os 3.0 final and has the same problem

Are there any similarities between you and your friends setup, e.g. using the same type of device, same web browser etc?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are there any similarities between you and your friends setup, e.g. using the same type of device, same web browser etc?

We both play from xbox if that's what you mean.
He also plays other games and uses polygon mode, but I don't know what browser he connects from, I can tell you mine is chrome.
I think, but it's a guess, that he uses safari.

P.S. After I wrote to you I tried to do another update of the list and they decreased again.
Yesterday there were 9, today 5.

Schermata 2022-04-01 alle 18.13.01.png

Edited by Crazy Cat

• Administrators

It really doesn't seem like the list has updated for you at all, I don't know if you've tried it already but could you reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then try again please

21 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It really doesn't seem like the list has updated for you at all, I don't know if you've tried it already but could you reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes then try again please

Yes I had already tried yesterday, Liam had asked me too.
I tried again now, but nothing, it doesn't load.
What do you do in these cases?

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Yes I had already tried yesterday, Liam had asked me too.
I tried again now, but nothing, it doesn't load.
What do you do in these cases?

We've never had anyone who has had this issue before so it's a little perplexing. Could you resync the cloud on the Device Manager (if possible I'm not sure if you have it on your version), resync it on the Geo-Filter, then resync it on Heatmap please and see if that makes any difference. Could be the case that the resync button on Heatmap isn't working but the others are and may prompt the download.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've never had anyone who has had this issue before so it's a little perplexing. Could you resync the cloud on the Device Manager (if possible I'm not sure if you have it on your version), resync it on the Geo-Filter, then resync it on Heatmap please and see if that makes any difference. Could be the case that the resync button on Heatmap isn't working but the others are and may prompt the download.

Already tried this yesterday through Liam as well and it didn't change unfortunately.

Isn't there a way to receive the file and upload it manually?

• Administrators

Sorry about that, I'll read back what's been suggested more carefully. No there isn't but last resort might be to see if we can force an update for you on Monday. Did you try the factory reset on the router or did you just reset the modem?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry about that, I'll read back what's been suggested more carefully. No there isn't but last resort might be to see if we can force an update for you on Monday. Did you try the factory reset on the router or did you just reset the modem?

No problem, no need to apologize.
You're going to be taking so many cases and talking to so many people, respect.
No the clean restore is the only thing I haven't tried yet because it's so time consuming for all the settings I have, I would be willing to do it for the new beta version but I know it's not ready for release yet.
Let me know if anything can be done on Monday then, thanks.
Have a great weekend, very kind as always.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

On 4/2/2022 at 1:11 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's fair enough, I'll speak to Liam about it and see if we're able to push forward a cloud update for you specifically. Thank you, have a great weekend too!

I just checked and the server list is now complete and updated. 
I don't know if you did a general or targeted thing, anyway thanks.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Hi @Netduma Fraser,
I forgot to report something that I hope you can fix with the next updates.
After 3/4 days that the router is on ping heatmap stops responding and I am forced to restart it to use the r-app again.
I hope to have been useful, I attach screenshot of the error message.

That should be much improved/eliminated in the next version!