Ping Heatmap Question

Infoseye

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Flush cloud on old versions/Resync cloud on new versions but they do the same thing. The Geo-Filter doesn't show your location so do you mean the radius centre is in Germany?

No, I attach a screenshot of my beam. 
I turn on xbox, it turns on the general dedicated server in the Netherlands, start cod, check game server, when i start a game it shows the server where i'm playing (dedicated or peer) and then what should be my location (peer) which has always been in Rome but now i see sometimes in germany and sometimes in switzerland.
With the old operator my ping from speedtest was 17/20 and the games started searching from <29 with the new one my ping is 0/3 and the games search <40 and the ping in game is much higher. Always the same radius and the same settings.

Schermata 2021-08-22 alle 20.33.22.png

• Administrators

Well you are essentially blocking most places that would give you good connections and allowing everything else. I'd suggest you force EU exclusively and you should get a better ping. You don't appear on the Geo-Filter as a peer, it will be a chat server or another person

10 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well you are essentially blocking most places that would give you good connections and allowing everything else. I'd suggest you force EU exclusively and you should get a better ping. You don't appear on the Geo-Filter as a peer, it will be a chat server or another person

Yes, I know I cut out France and England I did it on purpose because there are too many cheaters on that side. But it doesn't change the fact that on the same servers I used to play on with a better connection I ping a lot higher and I don't understand why. When I played in italy or switzerland for example I was always at 40/50 now 60/80. And then there's the fact that I start looking for matches from a higher ping. Can something be fixed on Monday with the update of the server list?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's nothing to do with it, Ping Heatmap just reports server pings/locations. It is plausible the new provider connection takes a few days to settle. What ping do you get direct to the modem in a game?

I think you mean auto ping of geo-filter, right? If so, 40 and up

46 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As in while you're gaming from the modem with the router excluded, what is the ping shown in the in game menu?

Understood, sorry but as you know I speak with the translator.
I don't have a provaider modem, the fibre cable goes to the ont/zte and then the ethernet cable to the wan port on the router. 
I have already checked that I don't have double nat

3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

No, I attach a screenshot of my beam. 
I turn on xbox, it turns on the general dedicated server in the Netherlands, start cod, check game server, when i start a game it shows the server where i'm playing (dedicated or peer) and then what should be my location (peer) which has always been in Rome but now i see sometimes in germany and sometimes in switzerland.
With the old operator my ping from speedtest was 17/20 and the games started searching from <29 with the new one my ping is 0/3 and the games search <40 and the ping in game is much higher. Always the same radius and the same settings.

Schermata 2021-08-22 alle 20.33.22.png

May i ask what cod your playing?

When i play cold war my ping before the game is 8 to the area  i choose but then the game searches all the way to 90ping in game and generally 30/40 in match.

Cold war makes no sense to me at all at the moment.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No worries - remove the router for a test, then can you try playing the game while connected to the ONT. While playing through the ONT, what does the in game ping say?

I didn't know it could be done, luckily I have such a long Ethernet cable. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know.
Thanks a lot, I'll update you tomorrow. 
Have a nice evening

20 minutes ago, GBDJG said:

May i ask what cod your playing?

When i play cold war my ping before the game is 8 to the area  i choose but then the game searches all the way to 90ping in game and generally 30/40 in match.

Cold war makes no sense to me at all at the moment.

Sure, I play warzone. If you start looking for matches with that ping anyway, you're not having any problems, the sbmm simply hooks you up to servers more suited to your rate. If you want to ping low all the time, I suggest you turn on ping assist, find the right value for you and turn off quick search. It will be a bit slow to search for matches but the ping will always be low.

Good morning and good start to the week @Netduma Fraser
I did the test you asked me, but the console doesn't get connection by connecting the cable directly to the ont.
However, I'm starting to think that it could be the fault of bad traffic routing, I've seen that the server IPs are different from the old operator.
Is there anything that can be done in this case?

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Good morning and good start to the week @Netduma Fraser
I did the test you asked me, but the console doesn't get connection by connecting the cable directly to the ont.
However, I'm starting to think that it could be the fault of bad traffic routing, I've seen that the server IPs are different from the old operator.
Is there anything that can be done in this case?

Do you have an old router you can use as a test? If so, replace the R2 with that and see if the issue remains. It's possible that something upstream is the problem, unfortunately there isn't a great deal DumaOS can do about that.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have an old router you can use as a test? If so, replace the R2 with that and see if the issue remains. It's possible that something upstream is the problem, unfortunately there isn't a great deal DumaOS can do about that.

Hi, nice to meet you and thanks for your reply. 
Unfortunately I don't have any other routers, xr700 is all I have.
I'm starting to think there's something wrong on the provaider side too, I called them this morning and they did an ip address update but nothing has changed.
But if I can retrieve the list of servers from the old operator is there any way to enter them and play them via the custom list? Sorry for the question but I've never looked into this feature because I didn't need it before.
I'll send you a screen with the warzone pings, it's not possible to play like that, believe me.
Or is there something else I can ask them for?

Schermata 2021-08-23 alle 12.43.35.png

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

If it's a routing issue then unfortunately you can't specify a custom route in DumaOS I'm afraid.

Are you able to get a game on those 30-40ms servers? That's still a very playable ping, you shouldn't have any issues on those.

On geofilter autoping it scores 40/50 sometimes even more, in game minimum 60 up to even 120.
So even if I were to ask it to reload pings again nothing would happen?
Is there anything I can ask them for in your opinion?
I don't understand one thing, what's the point of having the ability to upload server IP addresses then?

18 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

On geofilter autoping it scores 40/50 sometimes even more, in game minimum 60 up to even 120.
So even if I were to ask it to reload pings again nothing would happen?
Is there anything I can ask them for in your opinion?
I don't understand one thing, what's the point of having the ability to upload server IP addresses then?

OK, you can certainly ask as they may be able to do something, just explain the state of the connection before and after and see if they know what might of caused it.

The purpose of manually adding IPs in Ping Heatmap is to let you create a custom list of all the servers you like to play on, then you can ping them all at once from one list.

21 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, you can certainly ask as they may be able to do something, just explain the state of the connection before and after and see if they know what might of caused it.

The purpose of manually adding IPs in Ping Heatmap is to let you create a custom list of all the servers you like to play on, then you can ping them all at once from one list.

I will call them back later and see if they can do anything more, hopefully.
OK, I understood correctly then. The question was, if I can find the IP addresses of the old operator's servers, can I enter them to see how they are doing?Or being from another provider would not work?
Is there anywhere or anyone to ask for ip addresses to try?
Thanks for your patience and help, but I'm going crazy.

53 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

I will call them back later and see if they can do anything more, hopefully.
OK, I understood correctly then. The question was, if I can find the IP addresses of the old operator's servers, can I enter them to see how they are doing?Or being from another provider would not work?
Is there anywhere or anyone to ask for ip addresses to try?
Thanks for your patience and help, but I'm going crazy.

You can certainly try, but I think it just won't show up on the map because we haven't categorised it.

What might be better is if you download Ping Plotter then run a test to a local news site or a game servers. You can then see the route it takes and if there's any packet loss at a particular hop.

18 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can certainly try, but I think it just won't show up on the map because we haven't categorised it.

What might be better is if you download Ping Plotter then run a test to a local news site or a game servers. You can then see the route it takes and if there's any packet loss at a particular hop.

Later I will download pingplotter and see, at the moment I did this other speedtest. Correct speeds, I have qos active. Do you think it would help to ask for a static public ip address?

Schermata 2021-08-23 alle 15.23.25.png

6 minutes ago, Crazy Cat said:

Later I will download pingplotter and see, at the moment I did this other speedtest. Correct speeds, I have qos active. Do you think it would help to ask for a static public ip address?

OK that looks good! A static IP may help, it's certainly worth asking. Sometimes they will charge extra for this though, so make sure you ask that too.

Hi @Netduma Liam , good morning.
I followed your advice and ran pingplotter for 10 minutes several times but no problems detected thankfully, so I really can't figure out what it could be.
But to get more servers to test (the ones you have to enter manually to understand) who should you ask?

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Hi @Netduma Liam , good morning.
I followed your advice and ran pingplotter for 10 minutes several times but no problems detected thankfully, so I really can't figure out what it could be.
But to get more servers to test (the ones you have to enter manually to understand) who should you ask?

You can try using the IPs found in Ping Heatmap, though Ping Plotter is just a traceroute so I'm not sure if they'll respond. Worth trying though!

46 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

You can try using the IPs found in Ping Heatmap, though Ping Plotter is just a traceroute so I'm not sure if they'll respond. Worth trying though!

I will certainly try, thanks for the advice. but is this list of manual servers a dark matter that cannot be discussed?