Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

2 minutes ago, lmjones1uk said:

I tested hybrid vpn. Two xboxes on the same vpn using geo filters. It didn't seem to work.. any corrections welcome 

Have you tried fiddling with any of these settings?

image.thumb.png.0de04d9025281b460e7d8259b663ec4d.png

28 minutes ago, Dumaguy1 said:

Will this allow you to only get players with a certaing ping setting? Or is that some stupid way of only getting a win trading team in your region so you can be a loser and cheat?

I’m not sure it means your either, but it allows you find any additional consoles you have on the same network. 

On 4/5/2021 at 2:28 AM, dmg04 said:

I am sure many people here would be really grateful if you could provide some step by step of the process. Hell maybe even make it a youtube video and gain some subscribers in the process.

For example I assume he is setting a Hybrid VPN to target both consoles, but what else?

removed at users request

1 hour ago, Wynd said:

The more important question I would say is where is your brother located and where is he vpning to? Enabling some VPN on the router isn't any different than enabling it on a pc and im sure quite a few people have tried this. 

Wait are ghost lobbies working now

19 minutes ago, Moe69 said:

The geo filter should work again after @Netduma Alex @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Liam implemented the necessary changes. I took a deep look into it and since the geo filter is still recognize the available players in the CORRECT country, its possible.

The reason why they didnt do anything since the game moved to steam is surely that the filter is Based on console technology. They couldnt take a look into it, but since the changes are now live on xbox, they sure can handle and fix the problems. 

The mentioned vpn method is a common thing nowadays on PC. It works good, but its not like the geo filter which definitely block all players who doesnt Match your radius. You're All on a good way finding it out.

Edited by Illamathegoat

7 minutes ago, Moe69 said:

a completely wrong approach. such statements rather lead to a complete stop of the work on the geo-filter, because the dumaos team does not support it.

100% agreed I apologize but I am still curious which router to get. 
Does geo filter still work since bungie changes to steam

1 minute ago, Illamathegoat said:

100% agreed I apologize but I am still curious which router to get. 
Does geo filter still work since bungie changes to steam

I think the whole point we are making here is that it is NOT working. There seems to be some possible workarounds but I doubt anyone here knows or is willing to share at the moment. Hopefully the point @Moe69 made stands and the team pushes a cloud update to address this new development.

Some of you aren't comprehending that the only connections the routers can see to filter are the steam relay servers now. You will never be able to filter it like before regardless of what updates they put out.

1 minute ago, Moe69 said:

thats not completely true. my location popped up correctly on the geo filter world map as of the other people who were on patrol. Some of these player icons are servers yes, but rarely.

Of course you will show up properly. The router knows your ip address and can geolookup its location.

You are seeing the location of the steam relay servers..... You are only seeing the ping from that server. You don't know what the ping is from their home to the server. They could have 900ms latency to the server then the server only has 50 to you. You would only see the 50. Some of you really don't have a clue how this works and like to argue. 

So, to summarize, correct me if I'm wrong:

• Geofiltering for D2 does not work anymore on any platform, except PS4, because of Stream Network Socket adoption
  • DumaOS team is working on a solution, there's some kind of hope because we're still able to see other players' location on the map
  • There's another potential way to filter using Hybrid VPN, not yet known here

4 minutes ago, Asdferz said:

So, to summarize, correct me if I'm wrong:

• Geofiltering for D2 does not work anymore on any platform, except PS4, because of Stream Network Socket adoption
  • DumaOS team is working on a solution, there's some kind of hope because we're still able to see other players' location on the map
  • There's another potential way to filter using Hybrid VPN, not yet known here

Seems about correct however i cant see other players geo i see player symbols but they are servers just not updated as servers in cloud yet.

4 hours ago, Shoulin said:

Tested again this morning, all works fine on Xbox. You do not need to use geo-filter. 
will put together a video and share it via link. I won’t post it here but you can request it via a DM from me. 

Awesome dude, thank you. I've sent you a DM.

3 minutes ago, Flange said:

I don't use it for ghost lobbys, I use it to solo strikes and do bounties so it does not affect other players if I were to leave early, once my bounties are complete.

Yeah that's exactly what I want back the ability to do activities solo

Hi guys, I tried to set up an Hybrid VPN on the XR500 and combine it with the GeoFiltering tool.

As a result my matchmaking is kind of restricted but still don't have full control on it.

Any idea?