Destiny 2 now using Steam Network Sockets

Nuyorrican

24 minutes ago, lunafaction said:

If win trading was the goal here, you are aware that there's a pretty simple powershell script that blocks all matchmaking except for steamid's that you specify? I've seen multiple threads about it since maybe a month after SDR went live on PC. 

Would love to have a read about that mind sending me a link or whatever?

6 hours ago, lunafaction said:

If win trading was the goal here, you are aware that there's a pretty simple powershell script that blocks all matchmaking except for steamid's that you specify? I've seen multiple threads about it since maybe a month after SDR went live on PC. 

Also would like to read up on this if you find the the link.

12 hours ago, lunafaction said:

Whether or not it's true that win trading or whatever other exploits were a big motivator in past and future purchases of this router is irrelevant and framing the question like this is only damaging to whatever hope was left for Geo-Filter functionality to return. 

Personally I bought a NetDuma router after I saw a sponsored video from a Destiny 1 content creator (TripleWRECK) showing how much of a positive effect the Geo-Filter had on connection quality in his PVP matches, and that's all I want now. The ability to set my location and have my PVP matches filled only with people close enough to me to ensure reliable connections.

I haven't seen a script that does that. I've seen the ones that add rules to the firewall and allow solo play though. I would love to see this script though. 

Ok guardians... Just signed up... Im so clear with all the community. Netgear/Support/Seo/Ceo/ who ever - need to adress/change that. It can´t be a thing, that cheaters/programmers from silly website using the router thousand of levels higher then the company wich sells it.

Since the geofilter option is not working on pc, the question is - why would you even buy the XR500 for d2? Portforwarding is a thing every router can do.

Why does UpNp dont work with d2?

Wich setup to run for d2?

Hybrid vpn to host/server - normal connection p2p no vpn? Is a combination worth it?

Wich ports are really needed for d2? wich should be open ore closed - the game is using so many different ports meanwhile...

If the companie is not able to handle such easy things - it is OK to say, we dont have that cracked people here on our side, we just can do, what we can do. It is also OK guys but do atleast something. Do gamepacks for port forwarding, ping reduction what the hell i know.

But if u cant offer a product wich is basecally not working since years its litterly time to change something. 

Someone was talking about ping assist? what? how? in d2? 

adding:

ore you can give us free qos settings, just update the list - sniff for pc wich ports is destiny 2 using and give us something.... there are so many easy steps for YOU guys, you could give us honey for our mouth... but nothing is coming..

how long would it take? to update the QoS section for actual games? Lets see destiny 2, they post all there ports wich they are using on their site. so copy and paste them, first data. play some crucible games, different modes. ask people who play d2 for a database if they have one? 

Add new QoS rule for Destiny 2. GG

What do you mean by QOS settings? Port forwarding is easy to do. 

With the Steam Porting thing. Does all of the Individual game data from each player come from 1 source from Steam? Or are there individual streams of data? If it's 1 source/stream of data for all players then we should be bugging Bungie or Steam. Does anyone know?

Steam datagram relay system. Anti ddos and ip protection service from Steam 

Added to Xbox consoles in todays Destiny 2 patch, so now the dumaos is pointless for Xbox owners now too and still nothing about any work being done to give us some kind of functionality back!

Oh well 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, Saint-14 said:

Steam datagram relay system. Anti ddos and ip protection service from Steam 

Added to Xbox consoles in todays Destiny 2 patch, so now the dumaos is pointless for Xbox owners now too and still nothing about any work being done to give us some kind of functionality back!

Oh well 

I think some people got it to works, I just don't know how. Odd thing is I know the guy running it is doing it for ghost lobbies on xbox so I wonder what is happening that some cheater can somehow circumvent this but we can't.

Hi guys, just signed up, XR500 owner.

I want to report that I tried geofiltering destiny on some Xbox (Series X and One X), with no luck, and on one PS4 where it still works. So I guess that the people selling the ghost lobbies out there are just using cross saving to do the trick on a PlayStation.

36 minutes ago, Asdferz said:

Hi guys, just signed up, XR500 owner.

I want to report that I tried geofiltering destiny on some Xbox (Series X and One X), with no luck, and on one PS4 where it still works. So I guess that the people selling the ghost lobbies out there are just using cross saving to do the trick on a PlayStation.

It's game over for the white elephant.

2 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

I can confirm win trading via this router still works on D2 for xbox. If you have only been using the Geofilter then you have been doing incorrectly. I've just watched my brother doing it in person. 

Well show us what your talking about?talk is cheap...

1 minute ago, Shoulin said:

I dont know what you mean, sorry.

are you running two vpn?

or just connecting through a vpn?as geo filter i not help apart from changing your region you could do that with any router and a vpn on a pc

40 minutes ago, Shoulin said:

Yes, You need to change you custom settings. It can be done via DumasOS in the Hybrid VPN. Best results are with extra vpn.

The more important question I would say is where is your brother located and where is he vpning to? Enabling some VPN on the router isn't any different than enabling it on a pc and im sure quite a few people have tried this. 

2 hours ago, Shoulin said:

In what format would you like it? 

I am sure many people here would be really grateful if you could provide some step by step of the process. Hell maybe even make it a youtube video and gain some subscribers in the process.

For example I assume he is setting a Hybrid VPN to target both consoles, but what else?

1 hour ago, Shoulin said:

Yes, You need to change you custom settings. It can be done via DumasOS in the Hybrid VPN. Best results are with extra vpn.

I tested hybrid vpn. Two xboxes on the same vpn using geo filters. It didn't seem to work.. any corrections welcome