How can affect your connection from the people that join in your lobby

Kostas83

Hi guys!!

I start this topic because I want your opinion on this. I play on PS4. I noticed that every time that join on my lobby one of my friends my connection became terrible! 0.5 sec behind and poor hit detection! When I play alone or with my other friends everything works perfect! All of my friends are from the same country of course. Have any noticed something like this? Can any one knows how it works with lobby’s? For example if I am the leader on the lobby I am also the host or the game choose randomly from the 12 players that are on the lobby. 

Is this about private lobbies? Usually the one who starts the lobby / is lobby or party leader gets host.

Then my answer from the other topic is even more relevant.

In a private game the host receives a artificial latency penalty that is dependent on the latency of the other players in the lobby. So one high latency player can severely mess you up as host.

If you play in a private lobby against local players you are usually best off avoiding being host.

• Administrators

What is your friends NAT Type, base ping, bandwidth etc? Hard to say really without knowing what their connection is like. Have you tried playing with them without using the party chat and see if that improves the gameplay?

if you want to stop people from connecting to a pblic match on a games server then yo cannot stop them from joining as you cannot control who connects to a games server yo are on. Only in a private lobby can you do that, otherwise that would be cheating.

Depending on the game, you can choose the location of a games server you want to play on.

12 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys!!

I start this topic because I want your opinion on this. I play on PS4. I noticed that every time that join on my lobby one of my friends my connection became terrible! 0.5 sec behind and poor hit detection! When I play alone or with my other friends everything works perfect! All of my friends are from the same country of course. Have any noticed something like this? Can any one knows how it works with lobby’s? For example if I am the leader on the lobby I am also the host or the game choose randomly from the 12 players that are on the lobby. 

Same here but on Apex legends xbox.

17 hours ago, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys!!

Buddy i have the exact same experience with one specific friend......its got me to the point where i actually dont want to play with him even though he has a better connection than me. 

Been trying to make sense of it for the longest time. 

When we play on my or his host in a private match there is no issue whatsoever..... but once we go into public lobbies with either me or him being the party host the games play like crap, lol. 

I use my discord for chat party instead of the ps4 chat party as that also just makes things worse. 

3 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

Buddy i have the exact same experience with one specific friend......its got me to the point where i actually dont want to play with him even though he has a better connection than me. 

Been trying to make sense of it for the longest time. 

When we play on my or his host in a private match there is no issue whatsoever..... but once we go into public lobbies with either me or him being the party host the games play like crap, lol. 

I use my discord for chat party instead of the ps4 chat party as that also just makes things worse. 

@Netduma Alex why the confused face?

It is what it is.

I have noticed this for a long time playing cod as well with friends the  game plays are worse

Heres my thoughts on it 

I always used to think this but not no more

If you play with  lets just say two friends for an example  

The game would add all three of your ping together

So my ping to server is 11ms  

My freiend  player 2 has 20 ms

My freind player 3 has 40 ms

It adds all these together that equals 71 ms delay

Then it divides it by 3 that give us a 20.33 ms delay

Heres what it might be

Or it could be when we are in a party  we use party chat  and this affects are ping

I had that problem for a long long time but since i prioritised game ports the problem  went away

2 hours ago, kinel said:

I have noticed this for a long time playing cod as well with friends the  game plays are worse

Heres my thoughts on it 

I always used to think this but not no more

If you play with  lets just say two friends for an example  

The game would add all three of your ping together

So my ping to server is 11ms  

My freiend  player 2 has 20 ms

My freind player 3 has 40 ms

It adds all these together that equals 71 ms delay

Then it divides it by 3 that give us a 20.33 ms delay

Heres what it might be

Or it could be when we are in a party  we use party chat  and this affects are ping

I had that problem for a long long time but since i prioritised game ports the problem  went away

I'm not really sure how important is ping in this CoD.

The best matches I've had have been in servers around 60ms ping, and most of the worse has been on servers around 18ms ping.

It also has happenned that the same server has given me good and terrible matches

On 1/22/2020 at 3:34 PM, Kostas83 said:

Hi guys!!

This happens to me all the time with just the one friend

29 minutes ago, rockstars_homework said:

This happens to me all the time with just the one friend

So let gather all our friends that make our connection bud and let put them to play together!!! 😂😂😂