Jump to content
Grafti

Why tweaks/settings only work for 1-2 games?

Recommended Posts

Every time that I try a new setting, in case that it works, the happiness only last for 1-2 games at maximmum, and then the game become the same mess as always, and this new tweak never in live works again.

The final proof was this weekend in wich I had a wonderful game in a Russian peer (wich I thought the ping was high enough to avoid lag-com), and a few games after, the same peer gave a very-very bad game, and I wasn´t able to find a good game again, neither in Russia, Conchinchina, or whathever country for the rest of the day.

I know that many users of this forum are suffering the same issue, so I would like to read your opinions. What do you think about this? What's your experience?

I personally think that when the game detects that you are so advantadge, somehow, it study your connection, and makes sure to break your actual settings so it will never work again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its because, then Activision can sell copies of CoD MW to people playing in caves in the desert or from the moon.

They tell their friends, the game is awesome, go buy it and we play and own.

More players = Activision more money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have to look at how you play.

 

If you can run around and just aim at people and shoot them, good for you but it's a rare skill. If you think about this, with SBMM in the game you are facing players around your level. So play smarter not harder.

 

 

That is my last game from today. 21-5 in TDM. I am doing really nothing special in the video. The class has restock and shrapnel on it. I find that a good strategy for solo plays since you have a bit better control over the area. 

 

Some statistics:

50/50 gunfights: 12

50/50 gunfights won: 7 / 12

Uncontested gunfights: 8

Mine kills: 6

 

So from the 50/50 fights I am winning roughly half of them and that is usually how it is.

 

 

Now look at my 5 deaths:

1: I paused a bit to orient myself. While it looks like a 50/50 fight, he probably would not have spotted me if I had remained backed up in the corner. He most likely heard me and that made him turn. 

2: Absolutely wrong positioning on my part. I see on the minimap that they are closing in on both sides so what I should have done is backed up. I already put a mine on one side so should have let it do it's job.

3: I should not have challenged that with an SMG due to the distance.

4: 2v1. I could not have known that they were coming. They take out my teammate on the fence but I was shooting the guy just before that so most likely would not have spotted it. Managed to kill the first get killed by the second. I should have been 2 meters to the left, there I would have been in better cover and both would have lined up preventing the second from shooting me simultaneously.

5: This is probably the only death where connection played a significant role. He came sliding around the corner and landed his shots. He would have had a good peakers advantage there. My fault is trying to hipfire, if I ADSed I just might have gotten him. Still, just a better play on his part.

 

 

It's often people blame connection but it's worth it to look at the other stuff to win in game as well. Because you won't win every 50/50 fight. That is like betting red and black in a casino, the outcome should be 50/50 but you can be unlucky and have 10 times black in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bert said:

It's often people blame connection but it's worth it to look at the other stuff to win in game as well. Because you won't win every 50/50 fight. That is like betting red and black in a casino, the outcome should be 50/50 but you can be unlucky and have 10 times black in a row.

Spot on 

I enjoyed yr gameplay bud...... post some more - i enjoy learning from others, 👌👌👌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grafti post some gameplay so that we can see what yr point of view looks like when u play.......what u are experiencing Skill based match making doing its thing.

So when u dominate a lobby the game automatically matches u up with players of a skill level higher than the previous match, hence u very seldomnly play in the same lobby every game......... when u go negative it then places u with lower skilled players who it sees as being on yr skill level. 

It is essentially an always active 'ranked' playlist. 

Hope it makes sense. 

It has honestly nothing to do with connection. 

As i mentioned here and in other threads - post the gameplay for us to see where tje connection is going array. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sure... but how is it possible 

iam in a powerposition..headglitching most of my body is behind cover...  AK, skilled on low Recoil .. ADS.. 

see someone running..midrange..  start shoting.. next thing i see is black.. iam death

 

on killcam.. he run with a M4a1.. get hurt from one of my bullets.. .. he stops his Superspeed.. (300-400ms) Aim down Sight (200 ms) and shot me in my torso.. ttk about 180ms

 

thats about 600ms+

and iam fucking allready shooting! and after 15 years of call of duty.. i dont think my aim is this bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only had those experiences against mouse n keyboard players when i had crossplay enabled - i disabled crossplay since then...... there are still random unexplained deaths but nothing extreme. 

How often do u die like that from lobby to lobby? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

I only had those experiences against mouse n keyboard players when i had crossplay enabled - i disabled crossplay since then...... there are still random unexplained deaths but nothing extreme. 

How often do u die like that from lobby to lobby? 

i play on pc.. and about 1/3 of my deaths feels like this.

even the Duma Settings didnt seems work anymore

70/70 antibufferbloat.. prio 3074 to 30000-45000 and vice versa

disabling ABB didnt work.. 

Disabling/enabling share access didnt make a different

shure its prio.. but i dont feel a different at the moment

my ping is usually about 30 ms.. but even without geofilter and a 60ms lobby i get this problems.. it cant be lag compensation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, blackfirehawk said:

i play on pc.. and about 1/3 of my deaths feels like this.

even the Duma Settings didnt seems work anymore

70/70 antibufferbloat.. prio 3074 to 30000-45000 and vice versa

disabling ABB didnt work.. 

Disabling/enabling share access didnt make a different

shure its prio.. but i dont feel a different at the moment

my ping is usually about 30 ms.. but even without geofilter and a 60ms lobby i get this problems.. it cant be lag compensation

I totally understand now.......at launch it wasnt as bad as now going against pc players...... so if u are havn crazy deaths whilst on a pc then i wont bother going into crossplay at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GHOST-1-EC said:

@Grafti post some gameplay so that we can see what yr point of view looks like when u play.......what u are experiencing Skill based match making doing its thing.

So when u dominate a lobby the game automatically matches u up with players of a skill level higher than the previous match, hence u very seldomnly play in the same lobby every game......... when u go negative it then places u with lower skilled players who it sees as being on yr skill level. 

It is essentially an always active 'ranked' playlist. 

Hope it makes sense. 

It has honestly nothing to do with connection. 

As i mentioned here and in other threads - post the gameplay for us to see where tje connection is going array. 

I don´t have game capturer installed Ghost, but if this christmas I have time, maybe I'll try, but my condition is more like @blackfirehawk says. What @Bert means is more related to gameplay and skills. I'm not any pro, but I know when I have a fair death and when not.
I'll put some examples:
-An enemy was jumping a wall in front of me. I start shooting while he was jumpling, but when he landed, he killed me.
-I was killed by an enemy losing a gun-fight, and my respaw was not far from the place I died, so I knew from were he was coming and I waited for him aiming at the door were he was going to appear. When he appeared, I just died nearly instantaniously.
-I know that an enemy is just at the turn of the corner, so (knowing that I'm ALWAYS a few time behind) I start shoting before turning the corner to make sure that I shoot first (enemy distance 1 meter). I die.
-90% of gun fights lost. Most times there is not even a gun fight because the enemy appears and I'm insta-killed. And When  an enemy appear at the distance, he ALWAYS has seen me before and I lose that distant gun-fight.
-Playing with shotgun, shot an enemy 2 meters in front of me, and there's no hit-detection.

Hey... I think those are not skill based deaths. I know that we all have those situations, but when I promise you that I must leave almost 70% of lobbys because those situations repeats again and again, and I feel like I'm totally defenceless.

I don´t run and gun, because I know that my connection does not allow me to do that, so I have no choice but to play strategically and more campy than I would like to play, but it is useless.

I see what can I do to bring a gameplay, but after this weekend my frustration is so high that i fear playing because of the lag.

Edit: The problem with cross-gameplay is that here in Europe are very few players on Xbox one compared to the ammount of players in PS4, so I don´t have any choice than keeping it enabled to maximiize the chances of getting in a good lobby

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, blackfirehawk said:

sure... but how is it possible 

iam in a powerposition..headglitching most of my body is behind cover...  AK, skilled on low Recoil .. ADS.. 

see someone running..midrange..  start shoting.. next thing i see is black.. iam death

 

on killcam.. he run with a M4a1.. get hurt from one of my bullets.. .. he stops his Superspeed.. (300-400ms) Aim down Sight (200 ms) and shot me in my torso.. ttk about 180ms

 

thats about 600ms+

and iam fucking allready shooting! and after 15 years of call of duty.. i dont think my aim is this bad

This was the problem I was having in Black Ops 4 pretty much. Shoot first, die first, 5+ hitmarkers... guy should've been dead before he had a chance to ADS...

Killcam shows I only fired 1 or 2 shots then stopped shooting... yeah... ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, N3CR0 said:

This was the problem I was having in Black Ops 4 pretty much. Shoot first, die first, 5+ hitmarkers... guy should've been dead before he had a chance to ADS...

Killcam shows I only fired 1 or 2 shots then stopped shooting... yeah... ok.

Thats the Point . I dont even know how They even have the Chance to fire Back..  

A weapon that is allready ADS and AIM on Point shouldnt loose a gunfigt against someone that need to Sprint Out and ADS

Sprintout + ADS + His time to kill + how Long He need to AIM against my TTK

 

And AS far as i know ttk is lower as his sprintout time

 

Another Thing is.. its feels Like the enemy hitdetection is super crisp on me.. 1-2 bullets Hit me and iam death.. Well known that there used weapon need 4-5 Hits normaly

 

And all Happens with a Ping of 30ms

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are tons of variables when you play online games, some you can control and some you can't such as server load, population, which servers are available at the time, who connects to the server etc. It's also worth noting that the QoS page is primarily for eliminating local congestion, if you have eliminated that with QoS then it is unlikely that further changes will make a significant difference as that won't be the issue. I'd suggest forcing different servers, I always force UK and that works best for me but others may have a better experience forcing servers further away etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are tons of variables when you play online games, some you can control and some you can't such as server load, population, which servers are available at the time, who connects to the server etc. It's also worth noting that the QoS page is primarily for eliminating local congestion, if you have eliminated that with QoS then it is unlikely that further changes will make a significant difference as that won't be the issue. I'd suggest forcing different servers, I always force UK and that works best for me but others may have a better experience forcing servers further away etc.

But how can I force a server? I use the trick of enter and exit de game a few times to aloow servers on ping assist, but even this is so hard, and takes too long for the game to get me in THAT server. The farer the server is, the longer it takes to connect although I surraound geophilter only around this server.

The other question is how it is possible that the same peer gives a great experience in a game, and a few games later, it gives me so bad experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcing a server can only really be done with Ping Assist disabled and changing the radius size or your location to encompass different servers. If you played a particularly bad game I would wait about 2 minutes to ensure the connection to that server has been completely severed, that will increase the chances that you get a different server.

Could be some of those variables like server load, also could be peak time, so when lots of people are home and on the internet your internet speeds will likely slow and potentially your ping as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Grafti said:

But how can I force a server? I use the trick of enter and exit de game a few times to aloow servers on ping assist, but even this is so hard, and takes too long for the game to get me in THAT server. The farer the server is, the longer it takes to connect although I surraound geophilter only around this server.

The other question is how it is possible that the same peer gives a great experience in a game, and a few games later, it gives me so bad experience?

Put your geo location in a different location than where you actually are.  reboot gm and it should put you on servers that are not as close and put you on the bad side of lag Comp.  In the picture the blue dot is my actual location.

Screenshot_20191224-141636_Gallery.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Forcing a server can only really be done with Ping Assist disabled and changing the radius size or your location to encompass different servers. If you played a particularly bad game I would wait about 2 minutes to ensure the connection to that server has been completely severed, that will increase the chances that you get a different server.

Could be some of those variables like server load, also could be peak time, so when lots of people are home and on the internet your internet speeds will likely slow and potentially your ping as well.

My mistake, I meant Autoping were I said ping assist.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh right. Well it will be much easier with auto ping disabled. You can just click on the server you want to allow/block.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2019 at 1:18 PM, ugotstretched said:

Put your geo location in a different location than where you actually are.  reboot gm and it should put you on servers that are not as close and put you on the bad side of lag Comp.  In the picture the blue dot is my actual location.

Screenshot_20191224-141636_Gallery.jpg

Now we know where to find you!!! Lol 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...