Anti bufferbloat 20%

44 minutes ago, Zennon said:

I would test the Apple devices with duma classified games off to rule that out.

I’ve not got my XR500 setup at the moment. Im using a different router at the mo. I’ll probably wait for the new milestone to appear and give it another bash at some point 

14 minutes ago, Mobel said:

What is the best to do to get it stable as possible ?

I just leave my normal setting. (70/70) You can't fix this with ABB as it's on their end.

I use google for reference but it really doesn't matter as they all connect to AMS-IX anyway. I normally get 8ms but I get spikes over 30ms sometimes. It's one of their servers: 213.51.64.186

I played MW yesterday and it played ok altough I did feel the enemies were very fast shooting at me LOL.

Then I was getting my ass kicked in BO3 where I did see some connection weirdness.

• 5 weeks later...

An update on from the BT forum thread that is 82 pages long, thought id update as it sounds promising but i wont hold my breath ;

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re aware that in some specific cases, customers are experiencing increased latency when simultaneously using streaming video services and gaming online using the same connection.

This issue only affects some of our customers, and only in the specific instance where they are using a console or PC to play games online while streaming video, not purely online gaming services like Google Stadia.

The good news is that we’ve tested and approved a fix which we are now rolling out within our network to resolve the issue for the vast majority of the customers that experienced it.

We’ll be rolling out these updates to resolve this issue for all of our customers over the coming months. While we’re doing this, we ask customers to contact our moderators in the community if they’re still experiencing this issue and we may be able to help resolve the issue more quickly on a case by case basis.

Thanks for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience while we’ve investigated and worked to fix this.

Cheers

Sean

On 1/27/2020 at 7:55 AM, Mobel said:

I see in my log always a German company IP address 

Hey Mobel, Do you happen to remember that German companies IP address?

Thanks!

Zippy.

Guest Killhippie
3 hours ago, Zippy said:

Hey Mobel, Do you happen to remember that German companies IP address?

Thanks!

Zippy.

May have been Hertzner, (148.251.48.231)  they had  a mad port scan issue going on a few months back listed as  a big server farm in Germany, I contacted them myself (after talking to my ISP) and a reply came saying they had lost control of one of their servers (then take it down) and it was spewing out port scans to mostly Netgear routers world wide. If its under a DDoS how was it doing port scans? Well that attack went on for months with hundreds of entries a day hitting Netgear routers and has now stopped. If its nothing to do with them, I'll get my coat. ;) It was most odd though and their support channel is really shady.

https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/148.251.48.231

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

May have been Hertzner, (148.251.48.231)  they had  a mad port scan issue going on a few months back listed as  a big server farm in Germany, I contacted them myself (after talking to my ISP) and a reply came saying they had lost control of one of their servers (then take it down) and it was spewing out port scans to mostly Netgear routers world wide. If its under a DDoS how was it doing port scans? Well that attack went on for months with hundreds of entries a day hitting Netgear routers and has now stopped. If its nothing to do with them, I'll get my coat. ;) It was most odd though and their support channel is really shady.

https://www.abuseipdb.com/check/148.251.48.231

Thanks Killhippie! That's the gem! It was bombarding my logs quite heavily on port 50002 if I remember correctly. I wonder how one loses control of ones own server? If there support channel seemed shady makes you wonder what they were really up to!  At first I thought it might have been some sort of product info request for Netgear. So when we were getting that DDoS/port scan from that IP was it being blocked totally by the router or was there a connection made at all? Or exactly what was it doing? Ive never seen a DDoS port scan like that before.. It started out as one or two here and there but then it kept growing..  Glad its over though.. Was really making a mess of my log.

Thanks!

Zippy.

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Thanks Killhippie! That's the gem! It was bombarding my logs quite heavily on port 50002 if I remember correctly. I wonder how one loses control of ones own server? If there support channel seemed shady makes you wonder what they were really up to!  At first I thought it might have been some sort of product info request for Netgear. So when we were getting that DDoS/port scan from that IP was it being blocked totally by the router or was there a connection made at all? Or exactly what was it doing? Ive never seen a DDoS port scan like that before.. It started out as one or two here and there but then it kept growing..  Glad its over though.. Was really making a mess of my log.

Thanks!

Zippy.

Totally blocked now it was port 50002 and 50003 no longer being used as active attack. I was actually asked if I wanted my IP range excluded, so very shady because how can you if you lose control.The ports were for PCoiP, Quote" PC over IP (PCoIP) is a remote display protocol that Teradici developed for delivering remote desktops and applications to endpoints. PCoIP works by rendering client desktops on a network or cloud server. The desktop's pixels are then compressed, encrypted and then transmitted to the client device. This is about Hertzner  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzner  :)

5 hours ago, Killhippie said:

Totally blocked now it was port 50002 and 50003 no longer being used as active attack. I was actually asked if I wanted my IP range excluded, so very shady because how can you if you lose control.The ports were for PCoiP, Quote" PC over IP (PCoIP) is a remote display protocol that Teradici developed for delivering remote desktops and applications to endpoints. PCoIP works by rendering client desktops on a network or cloud server. The desktop's pixels are then compressed, encrypted and then transmitted to the client device. This is about Hertzner  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hetzner  :)

Thanks for the info! That does seem very strange that they asked you if you wanted your IP range excluded when they said they lost control over there own server. That indeed sounds very shady in itself. How can one do that if you have lost control over your own server? LOL. And by reading up on them a bit they sounded like they got off on the right foot but then towards the end or current state id question there practices. If I go by my gut feeling id say they knew what they were doing. And they were up to no good! If you read the end of the article of what they did one would have to question that for sure.. Nowadays there is zero accountability!

Zippy. 

1 hour ago, Zippy said:

Thanks for the info! That does seem very strange that they asked you if you wanted your IP range excluded when they said they lost control over there own server. That indeed sounds very shady in itself. How can one do that if you have lost control over your own server? LOL. And by reading up on them a bit they sounded like they got off on the right foot but then towards the end or current state id question there practices. If I go by my gut feeling id say they knew what they were doing. And they were up to no good! If you read the end of the article of what they did one would have to question that for sure.. Nowadays there is zero accountability!

Zippy. 

It was the EU open door policy 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, i woke up this morning to my xr500 having no internet, long story short i had to do a factory reset and i have just gone to do a speedtest, im consistently getting the speed i pay for instantly and i have lost 7ms of ping over my usual servers on speedtest.net , but more importantly on pingplotter now, with QoS at 70% i have next to no movement on ping what so ever. Even with QoS disabled whilst watching a 1080p60fps video on YouTube im not seeing any pingspikes, certainly nothing like  i was where it was hundreds of ms.  😀

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Buster said:

Just an update, i woke up this morning to my xr500 having no internet, long story short i had to do a factory reset and i have just gone to do a speedtest, im consistently getting the speed i pay for instantly and i have lost 7ms of ping over my usual servers on speedtest.net , but more importantly on pingplotter now, with QoS at 70% i have next to no movement on ping what so ever. Even with QoS disabled whilst watching a 1080p60fps video on YouTube im not seeing any pingspikes, certainly nothing like  i was where it was hundreds of ms.  😀

Well that is fantastic news! Perhaps BT rolled out that update which is why the router lost the internet, either way really happy it is all working as expected now!

1 hour ago, Buster said:

I had the same yesterday, I noticed away from home that network had dropped. A simple reboot of router was required and all is back. So far it seems fine.