Anti bufferbloat 20%

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is quite a difficult one as by all accounts it should be working, its either an issue with PPPoE in which case having something else handling it would allow it to work or it's an ISP QoS type thing. I can't see what else it could be at this stage. Is WMM still enabled in Advanced WiFi settings as that needs to be on for QoS to work correctly.

It's has to be some sort of QoS on the BT network, It's affecting BT, EE & Plusnet customers - I'm seen threads on the BT forum where it's even affecting people with FTTP connections - As soon as there's any kind of media streaming happening on the connection (Netflix, Youtube etc...) the latency spikes to 100ms+

9 minutes ago, Buster said:

unlocked with the xr500 in the dmz, all qos on hg disabled

Do you get your full speeds with that method? I read the HG612 could only handle 55mbs in router mode.

I have the HG612 unlocked in bridge mode & XR500 handling PPPoE.

II'd be grateful for the help but unfortunately im extremely busy all week so i don't think id be able to do a teamviewer. Do you have an idea what it could be ? a setting in the hg612 or xr500? 

Thanks 

10 hours ago, He4DHuNt3r_XIM said:

It's has to be some sort of QoS on the BT network, It's affecting BT, EE & Plusnet customers - I'm seen threads on the BT forum where it's even affecting people with FTTP connections - As soon as there's any kind of media streaming happening on the connection (Netflix, Youtube etc...) the latency spikes to 100ms+

https://openconnect.netflix.com/Open-Connect-Overview.pdf

I believe BT are partners in this. With my rather limited knowledge is this simply Netflix services built into the isp network to provide priority for their streaming? 

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

https://openconnect.netflix.com/Open-Connect-Overview.pdf

I believe BT are partners in this. With my rather limited knowledge is this simply Netflix services built into the isp network to provide priority for their streaming? 

This seems like it goes against net neutrality.

1 minute ago, Netduma Alex said:

This seems like it goes against net neutrality.

It’s all a bit over my head but am I reading it as though Netflix have an interaction with the isp so they can stream priority to end users?

ive read YouTube, Facebook and amazon are in this too so I wonder if there is a relationship with the latency issues and this service Netflix offers to isp’s. 

makes you wonder what info they capture as well. No wonder Netflix hates VPN.

I read about this here and I checked out the BT Forum post.

I asked a friend who has BT broadband, Netflix, Amazon etc if I could AnyDesk in and have a look while using his ND congestion control.

I found that there was no issue with any of the services using a browser or apps on many devices during the tests.

The Netflix app on the TV gave the largest spikes but these were only of around around 5ms more than base every now and again CC doing its job nicely.

6 minutes ago, Zennon said:

I read about this here and I checked out the BT Forum post.

I asked a friend who has BT broadband, Netflix, Amazon etc if I could AnyDesk in and have a look while using his ND congestion control.

I found that there was no issue with any of the services using a browser or apps on many devices during the tests.

The Netflix app on the TV gave the largest spikes but these were only of around around 5ms more than base every now and again CC doing its job nicely.

Is your friends connection ADSL or VDSL? 

Interesting you mentioned the app on the tv. When I first tested  with ping plotter I used my shield pro and streamed twitch which is a big culprit yet my graph like your friends just showed the odd small raise. I thought that’s fine I don’t suffer what other are but then I tried both iPad and MacBook my spikes hit the roof. 
why my shield pro does not suffer yet others do I’m not sure but i wonder if next time you try perhaps try twitch or Netflix on another device and see what happens.

6 hours ago, Buster said:

II'd be grateful for the help but unfortunately im extremely busy all week so i don't think id be able to do a teamviewer. Do you have an idea what it could be ? a setting in the hg612 or xr500? 

Thanks 

i own both hg612 and xr500 and im currently with bt, i have a housefull of kids who all use streaming services and i have no issue. 

im pretty confident that i would spot a mis configuration either in hg612 or xr500,  just by looking, it would be very long winded asking a zillion questions. if its still not solved by next week send me a message by all means.

I have been playing last few days with Pingplotter again after reading this topic but I cant get my line good no matter what I do or try.

If I go under 50% it it is also very unstable It is impossible for me to find the sweet spot.

If somebody willing to help me out please let me know would appreciate it a lot.

I am on a cable line ISP Ziggo (Liberty Global)

Cable line to wall in house > Coax cable 1m> Connectbox (in bridge mode)> cat 8.1 cable to XR700.

43 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Interesting you mentioned the app on the tv. When I first tested  with ping plotter I used my shield pro and streamed twitch which is a big culprit yet my graph like your friends just showed the odd small raise. I thought that’s fine I don’t suffer what other are but then I tried both iPad and MacBook my spikes hit the roof. 
why my shield pro does not suffer yet others do I’m not sure but i wonder if next time you try perhaps try twitch or Netflix on another device and see what happens.

I would test the Apple devices with duma classified games off to rule that out.