Anti bufferbloat 20%

Any luck on the resetting of the firmware?

interesting that I can see through BT when streaming on my iPad or MacBook high spikes and round time shows huge jumps. If I stream the same services on my shield pro I see nothing and if I try a basic vpn on the MacBook and stream I see nothing.

heres a question, do isp have the ability to tune delivery depending on the device as I know they can tell roughly what you are using as it may show up as for example Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.0.4 Safari/605.1.15 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Buster said:

i tried cloudfare but again no luck, unticking share excess is the only way to stop ping spikes for me but it isnt ideal 

That indicates there is one device using way more bandwidth than it should be and for some reason isn't adhering to Anti-BB properly. Do you know which specific device it is? How much bandwidth is it using on the Network Monitor?

My PC which will use anywhere between 5-15 mbps while running a youtube hd60 fps video, it is possbile for me to turn this off whilst gaming however other people in my home could and do use youtube and cause the ping spikes whilst gaming

On 1/23/2020 at 11:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's not a crazy amount so that's very weird. Are there any programs/settings changes you've made on the PC itself that would affect bandwidth? Any port forwarding etc on the router to that device?

Upnp is on, only ports shown in the table are for my PS4. 

Zero port forwarding Rules

DUMA OS Classified games for all devices is turned off instead i have added my ps4 under "games console"

I can't have my bufferbloat setting higher then 20% either while i play bf5 or I get latency variation warnings.  (This is running a speed test on another device while i game to test)  Thats about 100 megabit on a 475 megabit connection.  My family mostly streams video so i don't even really bother with it as i never really hits 100 megabits.

CM1000 Modem

XR500 Router

edit: even with it set to 10% on uploading i get a packet loss warning while speed testing

• Administrators

I'd wondering whether the Windows QoS/reservation of bandwidth is causing an issue here. Could you follow this guide so you can get the max bandwidth on the PC without it interfering and see if that improves it at all? https://dottech.org/26628/how-to-force-windows-to-use-100-of-your-network-bandwidth-how-to-guide/

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd wondering whether the Windows QoS/reservation of bandwidth is causing an issue here. Could you follow this guide so you can get the max bandwidth on the PC without it interfering and see if that improves it at all? https://dottech.org/26628/how-to-force-windows-to-use-100-of-your-network-bandwidth-how-to-guide/

Followed the guide, restarted PC, ran test again using youtube hd60fps videos  (exact same test as before) and no noticeable difference. Still ping spikes in the 50's 80's and upwards into the hundreds

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay well that looks a lot better, even better than your previous best results at 20%. If you follow that guide again while saturating and trying different percentages can you get those spikes down at all?

Same testing on Youtube 1080p  60fps videos this time not live stream, which is what i was testing with before, 20% seems to be the only way to get rid of the ping spikes 🤔

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you disable Traffic Prioritization completely and see if that helps at all?

No difference unfortunately 

Oh and im unable to replicate my most recent pingplotter graph, its worse now and 15% is the only way im able to get no ping spikes consistently 🙃

• Administrators

This is quite a difficult one as by all accounts it should be working, its either an issue with PPPoE in which case having something else handling it would allow it to work or it's an ISP QoS type thing. I can't see what else it could be at this stage. Is WMM still enabled in Advanced WiFi settings as that needs to be on for QoS to work correctly.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

This is quite a difficult one as by all accounts it should be working, its either an issue with PPPoE in which case having something else handling it would allow it to work or it's an ISP QoS type thing. I can't see what else it could be at this stage. Is WMM still enabled in Advanced WiFi settings as that needs to be on for QoS to work correctly.

wmm is enabled for both 2.4 and 5ghz

6 minutes ago, RedBull2k said:

What was 10.0.0.1 and 192.168.1.1?

10.0.0.1 was the XR500 when i was using another router to do the handling , 192,168.1.1 handled the pppoe, with the xr500 in a makeshift dmz in that router