Jump to content

Netduma Fraser

Administrators
  • Posts

    87510
  • Joined

  • Days Won

    1947

Everything posted by Netduma Fraser

  1. If you copy the IP and then put it into a website such as iplocation.net it will tell you who owns it. It's not 100% accurate but it takes data from a few different databases so if they all report the same thing it's quite conclusive. No it wouldn't affect your ping.
  2. Generally no you don't need to worry about these entries. The NG routers show them a lot but they are just normal connections you come in contact with. I just checked yours and nothing sinister, 2 game servers and Amazon by the looks of it.
  3. I understand you're not having the issues with other routers but what speeds do you get through the R3 when trying the above scenario with the asus handling VLAN instead so ONT > Asus (VLAN) > R3 (DHCP)
  4. An update to the existing game shouldn't affect server locations/availability
  5. Is the ONT using a power adapter or purely PoE? If the latter if you try with the adapter do you notice any difference? Otherwise as a test do you have another router to handle VLAN instead of the R3 then see what the speeds are like?
  6. If you add the device rather than the activity does it prioritize then when using it? Ah good to hear, thanks for the update!
  7. Reducing Congestion Control is specifically for the bufferbloat aspect, it will help with that. Could you provide me with an overview of your exact physical setup please including the model for the ONT?
  8. eFootball 2025? I'm seeing a release date later in the month
  9. Could you do a speed test from the actual website rather than the CLI instead please, what results do you get then? I'd suggest testing with downloads while following: https://bit.ly/bufferbloat-test start with a high value for Congestion Control e.g 95%, test, decrease 10%, test, decrease 10% etc, until you get to a value that is pretty good, then try 5% either side of that value to see if it can be improved. Important to note that Download/Upload on CC don't have to be the same value & you may have a better experience with differing values. This is more of a real world test as you're actually using traffic you would normally use.
  10. The team will test the game once it's released and put out any necessary cloud updates
  11. It may be your enterprise Cisco VPN isn't covered by the Cisco VPN we have listed. It'll be measuring it but we do know the dashboard for example isn't updating but it's just visual. I wasn't able to reproduce the naming issue, what firmware are you on and are the names alphanumeric? Do you have symbols included etc?
  12. I don't think I even need to ask really, they would absolutely not recommend you do this and there is no telling what ramifications this would have. I think it's also likely they're soldered to the board.
  13. That would be a good test, also double check the device you think it is, is the one it's showing up as on the Device Manager.
  14. Is it just that it's showing inactive or is it that the rule is not applying as well?
  15. No that's what I mean, it's a firmware with it off or a firmware with it on, no firmware with controls for it unfortunately.
  16. I've given you Early Access so you can try that firmware and see if anything improves: https://forum.netduma.com/forum/151-netduma-r3-early-access/ At least from the Geo-Filter aspect I can tell you that your ping is higher due to Steady Ping being enabled, disabling this will lower it again. You're getting a game outside your radius due to Geo-Latency being enabled, if you disable that it will prevent it happening.
  17. I just responded in your other topic about EFT
  18. That's understandable, you're creating a tunnel between you and work, the router can't detect the traffic properly in this scenario. Is this on the dashboard or purely on the Network Activity page? Does it work better when not connected to the VPN? If you go back to the Device Manager did the changed names save or is it showing the old ones as well?
  19. Is the PS being detected as online on the Device Manager and in SmartBOOST?
  20. Unfortunately 3.3 for that has been quite delayed and they won't be bringing 4.0 to any of the XR range which is a shame. Their support is also paid so I would end up helping you anyway!
  21. Oh you said the original was supported in your first post - is it working or not? If not I'll make a request for that too.
  22. No particular knowledge on it, any comment would be a guesstimate really. No I don't believe you can force a specific authentication server.
  23. It's not that easy, we'd have to have one firmware available with it on and one available with it off, we will try this at a later date
×
×
  • Create New...