Infinite Warfare LAGGGG

I have the same problems as you guys.

Saturday just gone, my k/d went from 1.715 to 1.70 due to nothing but bad matches. I was only playing hardcore and getting hitmarkers, now thats a fooking joke!

So many times I had the Claw and somehow got outgunned alot (actually impossible to outgun someone with a Claw, it fires far too fast)

My aim was spot on that day (for once lol)

For me, I put it down to the games horrific code and crappy server system and also my jittery as hell Virgin line.

Black Ops 3 plays ALOT better for me since I've had the Duma but IW, its alot better but at times just as bad pre Duma.

Hope the next CoD game is better.

I have spectrum 60D/5U and i have done a hundred of testing, I found the IPv6 is much better with spectrum connection. before I did enable IPv6, my internet connection never get A+ in dslreports test. I don't know why. maybe spectrum supports IPv6. right now every time I do a test i got A+ and I got very good gameplay. I tried to many thing and many steps provided in here. I even upgraded my internet connection to 100D and it doesn't work for me. right now I always play with my friends and they are in middle east and I never get any lag.

Try to enable IPv6 maybe that will work for you.

What I been doing in iw to beat the horrible lag compensation is playing over seas. I live in Florida and when I play locally. I get cheated all the time by lagging kids, even with me pinging 16ping to the server. What I do is place the Geo filter over the UK with PA 0 strict mode and I highlight all the servers there. This is honestly the only way I been enjoying the game. I know is not fair to other players. But yall can try it for ya selfs.

Not going to lie, I thought this was bullshit at first haha But I went ahead and gave it a try for shits and gigs (only for 10 or so games keep in mind) and I'm completely shocked at how much better things feel. I'm from NJ and always played on the NJ server, but it was so inconsistent it made no sense, getting 12 ping lobbies yet I'm getting melted instantly by other players and not having my shots register against them. I moved my location over in the UK with 0 PA and strict mode on and now I'm getting steady 100+ ms ping lobbies yet it's playing like I'm on LAN. I can't even comprehend how it's possible that I'm getting such horrible pings but the game plays 10x better than it does when I have really low pings. There's something so wrong with that, it's actually comical. Not to mention I'm getting over 100 ping but it's showing I have a 4 bar. How, just how the hell is this even possible?! haha I hold about a 1.9 KD in IW, and with my location over in the UK, my KD over my last 5 games is a 3.4 lmao Trust me this makes as least bit of sense to me as it probably does to any of you reading this, but it seems like the shittier my ping is in IW, the better the game plays. Mind = blown!!       

Lol why would I lie to someone. The lag comp in this game is beyond crazy. I noticed this because I have a friend from the UK and he always wants me to host. He always doing great so I decided to do the same but by myself and it works. Even better when you take your buddy's. Like I said I know is unfair and cheesy to do but is the only way I can enjoy the game.

I have spectrum 60D/5U and i have done a hundred of testing, I found the IPv6 is much better with spectrum connection. before I did enable IPv6, my internet connection never get A+ in dslreports test. I don't know why. maybe spectrum supports IPv6. right now every time I do a test i got A+ and I got very good gameplay. I tried to many thing and many steps provided in here. I even upgraded my internet connection to 100D and it doesn't work for me. right now I always play with my friends and they are in middle east and I never get any lag.
Try to enable IPv6 maybe that will work for you.

IPv6 not available in this country yet :(

There are plans to bring it in this year supposedly.

Not going to lie, I thought this was bullshit at first haha But I went ahead and gave it a try for shits and gigs (only for 10 or so games keep in mind) and I'm completely shocked at how much better things feel. I'm from NJ and always played on the NJ server, but it was so inconsistent it made no sense, getting 12 ping lobbies yet I'm getting melted instantly by other players and not having my shots register against them. I moved my location over in the UK with 0 PA and strict mode on and now I'm getting steady 100+ ms ping lobbies yet it's playing like I'm on LAN. I can't even comprehend how it's possible that I'm getting such horrible pings but the game plays 10x better than it does when I have really low pings. There's something so wrong with that, it's actually comical. Not to mention I'm getting over 100 ping but it's showing I have a 4 bar. How, just how the hell is this even possible?! haha I hold about a 1.9 KD in IW, and with my location over in the UK, my KD over my last 5 games is a 3.4 lmao Trust me this makes as least bit of sense to me as it probably does to any of you reading this, but it seems like the shittier my ping is in IW, the better the game plays. Mind = blown!!

Haha I'm in the UK, 7ms to my local server is nosebleed inducing. I might tell the Duma I live in NJ as I get 75ms to that server; maybe my bullets will register!

Haha I'm in the UK, 7ms to my local server is nosebleed inducing. I might tell the Duma I live in NJ as I get 75ms to that server; maybe my bullets will register!

Haha give it a try. You'll still get those WTF moments, but there seems to be less of them and it at least makes the game a little more playable lol

Haha give it a try. You'll still get those WTF moments, but there seems to be less of them and it at least makes the game a little more playable lol

First game 40-8, sad really because most of those deaths were WTF instantly deleted moments but otherwise it was smooth. Next game I was being seen by locals first while rushing corners which is just... lol, impossible. Can't be arsed to play anymore, I don't get good games like my friends so what's the point? I get a better connection to my local server than 99.9% of players and it means fuck all.

First game 40-8, sad really because most of those deaths were WTF instantly deleted moments but otherwise it was smooth. Next game I was being seen by locals first while rushing corners which is just... lol, impossible. Can't be arsed to play anymore, I don't get good games like my friends so what's the point? I get a better connection to my local server than 99.9% of players and it means fuck all.

I'm just giving up on IW to be honest haha I've tried really hard to like the game but I just can't with how bad the lag comp is for me. I used to think BO3 was bad (the lag, not the actual game itself because I love BO3), but IW just takes things to a whole new level. It's not like I expect to go on rampages every game and drop de-atomizers all the time (I don't), but I've played CoD and first-person shooters long enough to know when I should and shouldn't be dying by someone. As amazing as the Netduma is, it can't help a game that's broken like IW; it can only do so much. I'm one of the few people who actually doesn't mind IW when things are smooth, but they rarely ever are in my experiences. There's actually people out there who have amazing connections when they play IW and don't have anything bad to say about the game, but unfortunately I'm not one of them haha I've just gone back to playing BO3 because at least I have time to react in gunfights, unlike in IW when I see someone and just die in 2 bullets.      

I'm just giving up on IW to be honest haha I've tried really hard to like the game but I just can't with how bad the lag comp is for me. I used to think BO3 was bad (the lag, not the actual game itself because I love BO3), but IW just takes things to a whole new level. It's not like I expect to go on rampages every game and drop de-atomizers all the time (I don't), but I've played CoD and first-person shooters long enough to know when I should and shouldn't be dying by someone. As amazing as the Netduma is, it can't help a game that's broken like IW; it can only do so much. I'm one of the few people who actually doesn't mind IW when things are smooth, but they rarely ever are in my experiences. There's actually people out there who have amazing connections when they play IW and don't have anything bad to say about the game, but unfortunately I'm not one of them haha I've just gone back to playing BO3 because at least I have time to react in gunfights, unlike in IW when I see someone and just die in 2 bullets.

It's sad how that first game on, on the US server, was the best feeling game all night. I only went back to local servers after I stopped getting aim assist over people. After that I'm back to 7ms to the UK or 14ms to the Netherlands and getting raped by lag and potatoes hahahaha

• Administrators

Again, what is your physical setup? ISP hub (Laptops via WiFi) > Netduma (Consoles) for example

I would recommend you just leave it on 70/70 anti-flood. Disable UPnP forwarding in miscellaneous settings. Ping assist set to 0, I can't see if you have strict mode enabled on not but make sure it is.

What is your average ping to the duma as shown by the game? 

Spectrum is my ISP and I use a mac book pro and a PS4 Pro. I have 300mbps down and 20 up and yes strict is checked and Ping is 15-42 but spikes sometimes noticeably in gun battles, so basically it is what it is and there really is no logical answer or fix? I was hoping for something a little more then uncheck one thing and make sure one thing is checked!!! AGAIN I have ran several different CC %'s from 1-100 really isn't a "lag-stopper" for IW which is fine I just wish I knew this before my investment in another paperweight! 

Thanks for all the responses and if someone figures it out with hard evidence let me know

• Administrators

Okay, are ALL devices connected behind the R1 or are some connected to the Spectrum router? In order for congestion control to work properly ALL devices have to be connected behind the Netduma.

Congestion control/anti-flood is designed to eliminate local congestion, 70/70 will do that IF ALL devices are connected behind the R1. If you're having lag in game with that setup then it is not local congestion and therefore changing the sliders anymore won't make much of a difference.

If it's all setup correctly then it will likely be that server, in which case I would recommend either temp banning it or moving your location to exclude that server and get another.

To be honest with you, I have never given up on a release of COD this fast. I managed 2 weeks. I try every now and then but rapidly give it up. Some people don't have an issue at all with it which is what I find most frustrating. 

It's not even the jumping around like an idiot or other movement changes that are the problem. After getting the Duma my AW gameplay went to another level. 

I hang on to the disk just to play MWR and I have over 25 days actual play on the original of that game.

That and if friends want to have a few games ill play it as its all about shits and giggles when we team up. (oh and team killing fuzzy, ltr7 and Dillinger)

Good luck with it if you keep trying and enjoy your gaming. :)

It's as if i wrote this myself.

so Netduma fraser are you done with the thread?  If theres no other suggestions then I'll be done, I get A+ overtime with above settings but can't stop lagging like never before, I guess ill run the AC1900 and see if it helps, I guess thanks so much for the expensive ass Target for the range!!!

Well I have concluded, that Infinite Warfare is the issue not the R1, It puts me into low ping lobbies of my choosing and helps me control congestion on my local network.

IW is the one game where I have the most issues. Many other people have reiterated my examples. 

Even MWR plays well for me.

So following logic it would be the game at fault not the router. 

If I didn't need the disk to play MWR Id put that down the range and not the router.

However you are fully entitled your  opinion and can put down range anything you like.

Cheers :)

I get A+ overtime with above settings but can't stop lagging like never before, I guess ill run the AC1900 and see if it helps, I guess thanks so much for the expensive ass Target for the range!!!

A+ on DSL Reports doesn't mean much.

I used to get A+ across the board, while my (previous thankfully) ISP had spikes on the line that were hitting stupidly high numbers every few seconds. Packet Loss was through the roof and BO3 was completely unplayable teleporty skippy bs until I changed ISP.

That was a serious line issue but DSL reports still gave me A+ all the way. DSL reports didn't pick up that there were any problems at all.

Run a proper line test over ethernet and it would be helpful if you post up a gameplay vid showing your problems.

Don't pick a shockingly bad P2P example just as the servers are about to fall over, pick a normal average game.

Okay so I get A+ 7x in a row then change to ps4 and in game ping to server is a consistent 30-38 with these settings and it is laggy as hell, I'm losing gun battles to 0.9 kdr's and its shoot first die first.

I remember on my old cable line, I had to reduce my bandwidth to something like 30% down 45% up and even then, the A+ would fluctuate to an A. On my new FTTC line I get A+ across the board running 99%/99% with Reactive, plus the stable low latency to whichever server I'm connecting to. Still plays like crap. Again I'm always the deer in headlights.

Today I tried something different: I moved my filter east slightly and widened it, leaving out the UK but keeping the Netherlands, France, Germany, Denmark, Italy and even Poland servers in the radius. I was using 99/99 Reactive again too. The first three games on were great, but it slowly went to shit and so I loaded up my geofilter page to see if I could notice any correlation between crappy gameplay and how local the server I played on was. Sadly my Duma decided to stop showing dots on my map as soon as I tried it, even though they showed up fine when I first adjusted my radius, so I couldn't spot any trends. First time that's happened to me; hopefully there's not a repeat tomorrow because I want to test some more. I get this to each server on the continent:

UK: 7ms

NL: 14ms

Germany: 20ms

France: 25ms (weird as it's closer than Germany's server is to me)

Italy: 29ms

Spain: 30ms (I always avoid this because Spanish connections make me want to break something/someone)

Denmark: 42ms

Poland: 45ms

Russia: 49ms

When I first got my Netduma I tried just using ping assist alone (set to around 20ms) with my home in the ocean, but it doesn't find games in IW. Then I experimented with tight filters, as you'd expect that to get the best results of course, so I'd normally just use UK/NL/France. Most bad games are on the UK server, even if it's a flatline 7ms. Great, makes perfect sense. NL has been bipolar for me. The best game I ever had was connecting to France but as the dots on my map were off slightly I couldn't tell if it was on the server or a player host. Either way that one game was the best connection I've had by far in IW, and was like the kind of connection I watch this guy on Twitch get in every game (he lives 200 miles away in Wales, on the same ISP, and it's like he's a second ahead of the action at all times. This might have something to do with the fact he uses 100% upload bandwidth while streaming [bufferbloat?], but his hit reg is melty so I doubt he's lagging). This was two days before update 1.09 came out, and every game I played over those two days was great to be honest. When I installed the update it all went tits up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Germany has offered a similar level of inconsistency but overall other servers offer "better" connections than I get to the UK, despite the higher latency.

From what I've watched other people see in a typical game, and from my own experience, I'd estimate that in IW you're better off playing a game with anywhere between 20-40ms, but of course you better hope your server isn't full of laggers. That's a bit much to expect on EU servers considering devs failed geography and think the middle east is in Europe, but I don't think it's wrong to expect someone to lobby shop if they're constantly getting unkillable lagging terminators in their games. I haven't noticed a correlation between quality of gameplay and jitter although I'd assume a slightly higher yet stable latency is better than one bouncing all over the place. Regardless of the server I connect to I'm usually within the millisecond or even half millisecond, although I've connected to crappy player hosts many times in IW and it'll jump around, while icons flash up on my screen and half the lobby constantly drops to one bar, so I think it's safe to assume we should avoid those lol

Maybe if several Duma users from different regions, on different connection types, could experiment with different filter settings in the same way, we could all narrow down an "ideal latency" that gets rid of all the far too commonly seen BS in IW. Of course this won't be useful for those in more remote regions, but since most Duma users are likely either in NA or west Europe it shouldn't be too hard to mix it up a little. We could all play several games on a specific server (just to prevent other factors like not being warmed up, high skill or lagging enemies from taking away from the overall "feel" of the lobby) and move on to the next, before comparing the connection quality overall.

I've heard far too many complaints from people on great, optimised connections about frustrating experiences in this game, and as one of those people I'm sick of complaining too. If we take advantage of the fact we're all in different regions, with different line types and different latencies to different servers, and "cross check" our results to find trends that helped improve gameplay, I'd be happy if it meant I could stop looking at others playing the game and cursing them because their bullets work LOL. I think we've all had properly working smooth games in IW so far, so there must be SOMETHING we can pull from those games in order to find more of them. Others have already found this recipe for success, be it accidental or with a lot of tweaking, so there must be hope for the rest of us

They are using a Heavily modified engine from Ghosts seems like the franchise dose this quite a lot it's on wiki. Throw it together and where the Guinea pigs. Patch after patch. Netduma should be an inspiration to this game and they should do a cod os. And test it or take longer to make it work right.

I'm gonna share my settings just to put them out there. I'm not suggesting them to anyone so please don't say "these didn't work for me," but feel free to try them if you want to. These settings give ME the most consistent gameplay, although I obviously still get some bad lobbies too.

Location: my actual location (I experimented with moving it to the UK and to try other servers in the US, but I just keep it in NJ where I live)

Filter distance: 500 miles

Ping assist: 30ms

Strict mode: off (it takes way too long to find a game with it on because the player count in IW is pretty low)

Preemptive algorithm with both sliders at 70%; Bandwidth: 50 down, 10 up (I really have 240 down and 12 up, but for IW and even BO3 I lower it)

Device prioritization is even across the board with share excess ticked

Hyper-traffic: my console and UDP both port 3074

I manually port forward all of my ports through port forwarding

I use manual DNS settings (I got my best primary and secondary DNS through DNS Benchmark)

I have IPV6 enabled in LAN, WAN and miscellaneous because my ISP supports it

Miscellaneous settings: Deep packet processing ticked, IPV6 ticked, Cookies ticked, stealth mode ticked, everything else unticked

Like I said these settings may or may not help anyone, but they made IW more playable in my case.