Infinite Warfare LAGGGG

I feel like this - I have played games where I start out 10-2 for the first couple of minutes only to then end up 12-18 as it feels like somebody flips a switch.

since the new update IW has been lagging hard.

gonna try all said above... I'm sure its the game and these ass hats know it but won't fix it because our dumbasses are gonna buy it anyway. I'm sure the Duma is doing its job its just not easy to swallow when you purchase something that says "LAG CRUSHER" and lag your balls off!!!! 

Thank you everyone for the input and feedback

I'm gonna share my settings just to put them out there. I'm not suggesting them to anyone so please don't say "these didn't work for me," but feel free to try them if you want to. These settings give ME the most consistent gameplay, although I obviously still get some bad lobbies too.

Location: my actual location (I experimented with moving it to the UK and to try other servers in the US, but I just keep it in NJ where I live)

Filter distance: 500 miles

Ping assist: 30ms

Strict mode: off (it takes way too long to find a game with it on because the player count in IW is pretty low)

Preemptive algorithm with both sliders at 70%; Bandwidth: 50 down, 10 up (I really have 240 down and 12 up, but for IW and even BO3 I lower it)

Device prioritization is even across the board with share excess ticked

Hyper-traffic: my console and UDP both port 3074

I manually port forward all of my ports through port forwarding

I use manual DNS settings (I got my best primary and secondary DNS through DNS Benchmark)

I have IPV6 enabled in LAN, WAN and miscellaneous because my ISP supports it

Miscellaneous settings: Deep packet processing ticked, IPV6 ticked, Cookies ticked, stealth mode ticked, everything else unticked

Like I said these settings may or may not help anyone, but they made IW more playable in my case.

Have you tried Montreal, Illinois or maybe Georgia/Miami servers by any chance?

Thank you JOE for your setup settings my man, I switched exactly to your specs.... okay so about 15 games today and averaged about 55kils a game with little to no lag, No NUKES lol but i honestly from the last week can't even complain about the game play today, Now I did lag after having a buddy who is 440miles away join the party but it still wasn't half as bad as the last two weeks, I will run these setting for at least couple more days and get back with some more feedback...

even still check me out on twitch and let me know what you think or have any more suggestions Twitch.tv/Big_Dirtyyy and drop that follow and come watch me choke nukes!!! 

Thanks all

Same with me was 10-1 end up 11-17. You feel the change in the game. But it's also some the other way I've been 1-9 and end up 22-11.

This game really does suck. Bo3 had its faults but his takes the biscuit.

Why can the game start with 6 people on one side (not in a party) and 2 on the other. Then it doesn't allow others to join...

Bloody game

Have you tried Montreal, Illinois or maybe Georgia/Miami servers by any chance?

I haven't tried Montreal, but I've tried every US server except for Cali and Seattle. They didn't play bad but not great either. My local NJ server gives me the best games. 

Thank you JOE for your setup settings my man, I switched exactly to your specs.... okay so about 15 games today and averaged about 55kils a game with little to no lag, No NUKES lol but i honestly from the last week can't even complain about the game play today, Now I did lag after having a buddy who is 440miles away join the party but it still wasn't half as bad as the last two weeks, I will run these setting for at least couple more days and get back with some more feedback...

even still check me out on twitch and let me know what you think or have any more suggestions Twitch.tv/Big_Dirtyyy and drop that follow and come watch me choke nukes!!! 

Thanks all

Great to hear that man. Glad to know they helped you out. I can't get a nuke in this game either haha I've dropped nukes in every other CoD except for this one. I die on every streak I go on  :( Keep us updated if the games continue to play well. 

UK: 7ms

NL: 14ms

Germany: 20ms

France: 25ms (weird as it's closer than Germany's server is to me)

Most bad games are on the UK server, even if it's a flatline 7ms. Great, makes perfect sense. NL has been bipolar for me. The best game I ever had was connecting to France

On X1 I get the same ping to the UK and NL as you do. Not sure about France, I've seen it so rarely that I've not pinged it. I'm not even sure there is a German dedi on X1, I've never noticed it myself.

And I get a similar quality experience from them too.

By far the most inconsistent is the UK dedi, sometimes it's great but sometimes terrible. Lately it's been there but it did disappear completely for several days.

The NL is hit and miss but usually better than the UK.

And the French dedi, although I rarely get it, is really very good.

I haven't tried Montreal, but I've tried every US server except for Cali and Seattle. They didn't play bad but not great either. My local NJ server gives me the best games.

NJ offered the best experience for me in BO3 overall, which is kinda sad considering I live 3400 miles away. My pal lives in Bloomfield and whenever I'd party up with him every now and then, it was ez mode. Then again it was also ez mode for him on his LOCAL server with 10ms latency to the server, something I couldn't replicate back home on the UK server lol. And to think he moans every other day about his crappy Xfinity cable connection...

Please don't ever mention Seattle ever again. I get horror flashbacks to AW...

On X1 I get the same ping to the UK and NL as you do. Not sure about France, I've seen it so rarely that I've not pinged it. I'm not even sure there is a German dedi on X1, I've never noticed it myself.

The NL is hit and miss but usually better than the UK.

And the French dedi, although I rarely get it, is really very good.

Yeah I've noticed if I set my radius around UK/NL/France, I get the UK 80% of the time and the NL server like 19.9% of the time lol. Sometimes my map dots are off (like the UK server ending up in the sea between England and Ireland) so whenever I've picked up a lobby in France I can't tell if it's the server or a player host, but it often plays really well.

I have tried just about any and all congestion control settings from 100-1 and it is so inconsistent I am ready to junk this router. I don't want to junk it just yet because it wasn't cheap but if my "lag free gaming" is going ti constantly lag I have no other choice, so basically I'm reaching out as a last ditch effort for any and all recommendations to help IW be playable. I have 300mbps up and 20mbps down My ISP is spectrum and have been out over 10x and show me no packet loss and speeds run consistent so 

PLEASE HELP!!!

Spectrum blows lol

Do you have other CoDs to try it on? I'm only one dude here, but in my experience, and trust me I am just as infuriated lol... this is my experience:

- AW and Ghosts: It completely works, highly noticeable

- Blops 3: Realllllly had to pretend it works. I'd go as far to say that far too often feels within the margin of error/placebo effect

- IW: It "works" as intended, I am sure of that, but the reality is it just doesn't work, end of line. I have no proof to share, but I am 100% convinced the game code is such trash that the lag we experience far outweighs the benefits the duma gives us toward the other categories of lag.

Hands-down, I have a better experience with the thing turned off and dealing with all the wtf's and those crappy servers I get placed on. The experiences are so frustrating when I have it turned on that it's just not worth it. I have literally lost real world friends who will not play with me in game because I am now typecast as having "That router that only makes it worse"

*Please note that it is a perception based on real experience, and also that this is not about bashing the router; for what it's worth, the same friends I reference here are basically the same who would do anything to party with me back during AW.

But it just doesn't work "like it used to" in IW. Only headache. It's driving me so crazy I enjoy fantastical conspiracy theories such as "Activision encouraged the devs just screw anyone who owns this router" lol, you know, out of spite because it messes with their business model that promotes 12-year-olds on McDonald's Wi-Fi to kick ass etc etc.

Sorry, I'm digressing here. The bottom line is that it's a great router and does everything that it's meant to do, unfortunately that's not enough imo to address whatever nonsense has been coded into these past two titles.

( I understand if this gets removed, it's probably not good that I wrote this, but again I'm not questioning the router but rather was hoping to give you what sounds like some much-needed free therapy :D)

What ping are you getting on the R1 when you are connected to a game?

I get put into 11 ms lobbies with dedicated servers so I know the R1 is doing it's job. 

That said I gave up playing IW on the PS4 pro as it was simply so unpredictable. A quick read through this forum and many others will also confirm this.

Some people have no problem but many have these issues. 

I have played games where I start out 10-2 for the first couple of minutes only to then end up 12-18 as it feels like somebody flips a switch.

Im not going to tell you that it is the games fault or the router that is for you to decide but I have gone back to playing Black Ops3 and MWR and I hated Black ops3 lol. 

The router is perfect with the games like AW and Ghosts, anything actually before AW works amazingly. Its the newest CODs where I have seen the lag become unreal if you are not the host. For all three newest cods (BO3, IW & MWR) I can only find myself to have fun in Hardcore games, just because the fact is like stated above. There is some hidden form of lag compensation to those with ass internet...

ACTUALLY, I just retried to play lastnight in some core TDM on IW (Just causally sniping for fun) but, I was taken off so many headglitches (huuu huhhhh, "POWER POSITIONS") by the ERAD epic lazerbeam variant from MILES away in one shot... The most baffling thing I have even seen in my life and when viewing that persons POV it was extremely choppy and no they didn't even have the special headshot boost attachment or anything like that attached to give any sense in why I would die that fast in that gun encounter..

(PS, I consistently stand at a 1ms ping and have 1gig up and download speeds. In core gamesmodes on these newer games I consistently see this, and there is no reason to why I should be taking the "Dick" as much as I do in them.)

Just more food for thought, its not the router, its something they have implemented on their end to make a more "Fair" playing field for everyone.. 

Miscellaneous settings: Deep packet processing ticked, IPV6 ticked, Cookies ticked, stealth mode ticked, everything else unticked

I tried these miscellaneous settings today and had some good games (including this melty Type 2 game), but before that I noticed my download bandwidth kept dropping to below 1Mb (I'm guaranteed 50Mb and it hasn't dropped since I joined my new ISP last September). I assumed it was a fault, contacted my ISP who suggested paying a visit to their fault checker site, but all seemed good after a modem + Duma reboot. I played IW for an hour or so, got off to join my friend on Ghost Recon and about an hour or so ago when I tried to upload that video it said it would take around 5 hours (for 347MB! I get 10Mb upload bandwidth lol). I tried reuploading but the same happened again. I unticked all those miscellaneous settings and restarted the upload, and it was done in under 5 minutes.

Strange

Same with me was 10-1 end up 11-17. You feel the change in the game. But it's also some the other way I've been 1-9 and end up 22-11.

This game really does suck. Bo3 had its faults but his takes the biscuit.

Why can the game start with 6 people on one side (not in a party) and 2 on the other. Then it doesn't allow others to join...

Bloody game

I've always said this and no ones believes me...lol.

I tried these miscellaneous settings today and had some good games (including this melty Type 2 game), but before that I noticed my download bandwidth kept dropping to below 1Mb (I'm guaranteed 50Mb and it hasn't dropped since I joined my new ISP last September). I assumed it was a fault, contacted my ISP who suggested paying a visit to their fault checker site, but all seemed good after a modem + Duma reboot. I played IW for an hour or so, got off to join my friend on Ghost Recon and about an hour or so ago when I tried to upload that video it said it would take around 5 hours (for 347MB! I get 10Mb upload bandwidth lol). I tried reuploading but the same happened again. I unticked all those miscellaneous settings and restarted the upload, and it was done in under 5 minutes.

Strange

Well deep packet processing is like it is. It wil drop in speed like such in order for the packet scheduling to be done with the algorithm. That's why if you're going to be gaming it's not that bad to tick it. But always be sure to untick if you're going to be doing other things besides gaming i.e downloading, streaming...

It's been times where I've had it on, and have had problems with router disconnecting wifi and dropped speeds... It doesn't play well to leave ticked with higher speed packages over 60mbps. But then again also think its just USA ISP complications lol.

But usually unplugging modem and Netduma afterwards and connecting them usually fix it.

I have had a few occasions where it was complications, so I just changed mac address on Netduma and ISP sent new IP address and everything was back to normal.

Also... I have had many games go 50+ one game and VERY NEXT GAME same lobby same players and can't even get the same results as before. Just a little. F.Y.I for those guys that you're not alone in that boat and the "activation dislike netduma theory" made me chucked I had read lol.  

Is it just me or does anyone else notice whether their connection gets better or worse with each new update? I feel like games have been playing a lot smoother for me ever since this newest update for IW. Do they ever mess around with the servers when they push out an update even though they never mention anything like that in the patch notes? Seems to be a difference for me (a good difference) ever since the newest patch. 

Is it just me or does anyone else notice whether their connection gets better or worse with each new update? I feel like games have been playing a lot smoother for me ever since this newest update for IW. Do they ever mess around with the servers when they push out an update even though they never mention anything like that in the patch notes? Seems to be a difference for me (a good difference) ever since the newest patch.

Worse for me. I finally found some consistency two days before patch 1.09 was released, only for it to go back to *beep* once it was installed. Not one game was poor for those two days, and those were the most enjoyable two days of IW for me thus far, so that should give you an idea of how miserable it's been overall since November.

It's been even worse since 1.10, and after the last update a few days ago I've not had a single decent game. Still getting 7ms to my local server, and every game is a lagfest.