Lag Compensation counter-measures using simjc74's glorious combo technique

KayOneX-24

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tried game last night after 2 months off. Connected to the UK server with 22ms ping.

Unplayable for me, instant death for me in every gun fight.

75mb down 20mb up wired connection. 

Feel like am behind everyone?????

I get this everygame. I have the same problem. Its strange. 30 or 40 ms pings every single game and I still get lag... and there is no apparent cause. Congestion, nat type, or anything..

is the tcp link router necessary for gaming? I dont have one.... but it sounds like if I want to try out what this guy is saying i need to get one.... maybe netduma will have these settings one day.

You dont need the tp link router for gaming in my opinion

i had one but i dont use it no more

Whats good about it you can throttle certain ports for gaming but i never found it helpful

Started out at 70/70 last night to test that setting on the West Coast, and the dreaded Seattle dedicated server, with Black Ops 2.  Grades were A; A+; F at 70/70 (but the wife was streaming Hulu so having the dedicated bandwidth for my game was necessary)

I did not enjoy last night's session if I am honest.  I am SO glad the release is around the corner and I can switch over to the PS4.  The PS3 online experience is awful.  It's absolutely terrible and I don't for the life of me know how anyone puts up with this crap for any length of time.  I would have been on the news with a clock tower in the background if I had to play this fucking "network" everyday until the next release.  :angry:

Didn't make any changes to the settings, but I ran through just about every class trying to get some success last night and it was an exercise in futility.  Not a lot of players on last night (>100K which is an off night lately), and between the hacked lobbies, the guys who never had a daddy to team them it's okay to lose a game once in awhile but to not be afraid to get out and explore the map and the fucking split-screeners, Jesus Christ!?!

I have some ideas for some REALLY basic fixes to Call of Duty that would GREATLY improve everyone's gaming experience, but I'll save those for my rant thread....

Is it November 6th-Eve yet?!?!  :huh:

is the tcp link router necessary for gaming? I dont have one.... but it sounds like if I want to try out what this guy is saying i need to get one.... maybe netduma will have these settings one day.

I have a tp link router and found no consistent improvement at all.

I have had my best results by connecting my Bt fibre modem directly into my R1 and using just that.

I have up to 14 devices connecting wired and via wifi at any given time and I find setting congestion control to 55-70 gives me the best gaming experience.

I also set bandwidth download to a couple of mb less than I actually get and upload to 1 mb less.

This gives me around 22 dl and 3 ul, on the flower I give my gaming console 28 share excess and evenly distribute the rest

I am SO glad the release is around the corner and I can switch over to the PS4.  The PS3 online experience is awful.  It's absolutely terrible and I don't for the life of me know how anyone puts up with this crap for any length of time. 

I was on this morning and changed my sliders to 60/60 just to see if things would get better. First lobby I got into there was a hacker so I backed out. Waited the 2 minutes and once again got into a lobby with the same hacker.

Have you ever tried playing combat training in BO2?

I was on this morning and changed my sliders to 60/60 just to see if things would get better. First lobby I got into there was a hacker so I backed out. Waited the 2 minutes and once again got into a lobby with the same hacker.

Have you ever tried playing combat training in BO2?

Yeah, when I first got the game I was complete shit and a black hole for whatever team got saddled with me.  I had a ton of games where I went 7-15 and just decided I sucked and this game wasn't for me.  Found out about Combat Training and worked my way back to a normal lobby Randy that way.

Haven't played it in well over a couple of years.  Not even sure if my current rank even qualifies.  Don't get you blocked after your first or second Prestige?

I think it changes to objective or something like that, but I see prestige masters all up in CT.

When I get into hacked/shotgun/sniper infested lobbies, that where I go. Basically a 3V3. This morning I ended up there after getting into 2 hacked lobbies and had a great time. Ping was sub 30ms and connected to someone very close to me. To me gaming is all about having fun so if it takes me going to CT, then so be it. 

I have Verizon FIOs 50/50 , I live by NYC, using "stock" settings (CC @ 100% and Reactive Algorithm) I got C for Bloat and D for quality. After applying NetDumas recommended settings (CC @70% for both UL and DL and Preemptive algorithm) I got a A+ for both, lol. I ran the test multiple times and even had my daughter on YouTube with her iPad a few times for both tests. I will hop on COD AW later, but I think we should all agree the game is broken. There have been MANY posts on how to fix lag comp, make your game better, etc (even I thought I found the "cure" with a few posts). If anyone wants to add me on PSN I'm KAC1023.

I have Verizon FIOs 50/50 , I live by NYC, using "stock" settings (CC @ 100% and Reactive Algorithm) I got C for Bloat and D for quality. After applying NetDumas recommended settings (CC @70% for both UL and DL and Preemptive algorithm) I got a A+ for both, lol. I ran the test multiple times and even had my daughter on YouTube with her iPad a few times for both tests. I will hop on COD AW later, but I think we should all agree the game is broken. There have been MANY posts on how to fix lag comp, make your game better, etc (even I thought I found the "cure" with a few posts). If anyone wants to add me on PSN I'm KAC1023.

This is not to fix AW I havent played that for 6 months, this is just to show people that they should use 70% to have the best local congestion control settings :)

My best games with these settings

-Algorithm Preemptive

-CC 70% 70%

NO geo filter, left it disabled (I live in the US) I leave the map open to see the host ping, but no geo filter. Once I turned on Geo Filter I felt a lot more lag comp (being behind the game).

My opinion of the Geo Filter is yea, you might be playing against someone across your ST, but they are stealing wifi from a few houses down, I can ping California (other side of the US @ 72ms), so anything over 100 will be 3 bars. I set my geo filter at two clicks and there are people in my lobby, even being 50-80 miles away have 3 sometimes 2 bars. When I let the game choose (Geo Filter off) I had CONSISTENT great games. I played a few rounds, left searched for another lobby and played a few more rounds all night, NO bad games, until I turned Geo on and had to deal with lag comp.

Total opposite for me, without the geo i get stuttery lag filled games most of the time with the geo on a 310k with 0 ping assist I get UK lobby's where every one has a 4 bar with the very rare one player with a 3 bar.

Playing Mw 1&2 Bops 1&2 and Ghosts.

Yebs I can only second what Zen sad. I did some testing the other day as I was tring to find some serve in Denmark(no luck) and about 1/3 of my games was across the ocean in US LOBBYS. And with geo on I have local dedis in UK, Netherlands, Germany, France,

I play AW PS4

My best games with these settings

-Algorithm Preemptive

-CC 70% 70%

NO geo filter, left it disabled (I live in the US) I leave the map open to see the host ping, but no geo filter. Once I turned on Geo Filter I felt a lot more lag comp (being behind the game).

My opinion of the Geo Filter is yea, you might be playing against someone across your ST, but they are stealing wifi from a few houses down, I can ping California (other side of the US @ 72ms), so anything over 100 will be 3 bars. I set my geo filter at two clicks and there are people in my lobby, even being 50-80 miles away have 3 sometimes 2 bars. When I let the game choose (Geo Filter off) I had CONSISTENT great games. I played a few rounds, left searched for another lobby and played a few more rounds all night, NO bad games, until I turned Geo on and had to deal with lag comp.

I was just in NYC last week! It must be that Verizon Fios. Like the MarkOfJ he has some beastly gameplay with That fresh fiber connection! Wish we had it here in my neighborhood in Southern Cali.

If no one is streaming or downloading while you play then buffer bloat does not come in to play.

There is not enough packets to create the bloat, so no headroom needed to stop the bloat.

Cheers for the help kayonex  but i already figured out how to set it up now

Sorry i should of posted that i sorted it but forgot  as i had loads of theads going 

But thanks for the reply

Btw do you play cod aw  if you do what do you set bandwith control in tp link router

Ive been trying difrent speeds but i cant find a good speed settings

Hi buddy, please excuse my late response to your question.

I've been busy the last weeks and haven't found the time.  :(

Now to answer your question: I'm using the IP bandwidth control feature of my TP-Link

to throttle the udp ports 3074 to 3076 and 10000 to 65535, each by a value of 40 kbps.

I know it sounds pretty sick using this kind of a low value, but it's what works the best for me.

But, I'm not using my Netduma R1 at the moment, because I'm testing several other things

in my network which aren't related to gaming.  ;)

kayonex i just went to dslreports speedtest to check for bufferbloat

it gave me a reading of a for buffebloat but i aint got a cue how to see the stats for bufferbloat on the site

please can you tell what you do get your results for buffer bloat tests

When you run the speed test at www.dslreports.com you see a bufferbloat measurement mid-left of your screen,

if your PC can process the site correctly. The bufferbloating is measured in ms. Afterwards you get your grading.

Bufferbloat from A+ (the best) to F (the worst).

My stats say: Bufferbloating A+, Quality A+, Speed C.

I'm currently on a VDSL connection with 50 Mbit download and 10 Mbit upload speeds.

So I have been using the Zennon System for a couple of weeks now in Blops 2 gameplay.  Previously I had never put up a Loadstar on this account, so I figured at 1500 points of TDM, and playing solo, it would be a good choice to see if this helped, and to me it appears to have helped me.

So far I have put up (5) and rained down 47 kills worth of hate and despair.  :-)

I'll post a screen shot on Monday, just in case I can get another one and unlock the Loadstar calling card.

Nice work Dillinger mate, I am so pleased its working out well for you :)

Just joined the Good Reverend Bagsta for a few games in the UK and Europe lobbies - Got to introduce some of them to the success rate of this and lag comp....LOL

Archived