Lag Compensation counter-measures using simjc74's glorious combo technique

KayOneX-24

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kayonex i have a question for you im trying to follow your setup and sims setup do put the tp link router into brige mode

as i cant with my tp link router 

The problem i am having is tp link router and duma run on difrent  ip adresses tp link is 192.168.0.1 and the duma is 192 168 88.1 

So i dont know what ip i meant to give ps4 

Hi kinel, I would recommend to use the standard setup for DHCP of your Netduma router.

Let the Netduma assign an IP for your PS4 console.

Cheers for the help kayonex  but i already figured out how to set it up now

Sorry i should of posted that i sorted it but forgot  as i had loads of theads going 

But thanks for the reply

Btw do you play cod aw  if you do what do you set bandwith control in tp link router

Ive been trying difrent speeds but i cant find a good speed settings

kayonex i just went to dslreports speedtest to check for bufferbloat

it gave me a reading of a for buffebloat but i aint got a cue how to see the stats for bufferbloat on the site

please can you tell what you do get your results for buffer bloat tests

In some cases a bad gaming experience could be because of the bufferbloating effect.

Did someone make a check for it at www.dslreports.com/speedtest ?

Sincerely, Kay

Interesting site Kay, thanks for posting.

I am at work, in an office building in Downtown Seattle.  We are supposed to have pretty good internet here, but I have never checked it.  Having done so, I am glad I am not gaming here.   :huh:  :wacko:

1423130.png

I turn everything Down to 1% then I fire the game up then once I'm into xbox live and ready to search for a game I put it all back to how it should be,ive been having good games,it coukd be placebo effect and all in my head but I was for sure getting great hit detection this wknd

First off I was an above average player in COD until Ghosts, from that game on it has been nothing but incredibly shit connections. Duma has fixed this for me! I can't even believe how amazing it is and I guarantee all of my friends will own one by the end of the year.

Secondly this fix absolutely worked for myself and my bro (on the same connection) Every single game we joined in Advanced Warfare for the first day was awesome ping but garbage detection, the same old story with dying with one bullet, shot around corners, shoot them 10 times still no kill etc (You all know the Advanced Warfare sob story)

If I turn the upload down to 1%, 90% of the games become amazing! It turns out they have made an incredible game and once it works it is an absolute hoot to play. It seems the other 10% or so of games have a player with really high ping and I just can't beat them! 

In summary it could be a placebo as its only been tested for one day but I went from every game in the negatives to most games with 2.5+kd and even some 5-6kd games so it definitely feels better.

P.S. I actually leave the upload at 1%, it puts the ingame kbps to 256

• 5 weeks later...

I try to keep away from these threads but i'm going to chime in briefly throttling in my expierience is a negative effect all placebo give it a 2-4 weeks without changing any settings in that time then come back and report if it still works for you very nice we all appreciate your help and a big thumbs up don't get me wrong kay your help is much appreciated and i do appreciate these threads as i find them interesting like james bond v lag comp.

From my personal experience using the netduma i have found changing the home location more beneficial than messing around with router settings i have found some crazy stuff playing MW3 in the past month just by surfing my home location.

I'm going to post a thread soon with my MW3 settings so many clues that game has given me from bad to good.

Right now struggling with the footy result today.

Have you created the thread?

Reading this late...

I use TBB speedtester here in the UK, When i test at 100 I get bufferbloat if I test at 70% I do not A.

70% CC on any connection is a good idea.

Just tried the test Zennon, at 100% I get a "C" on download and "A" up for Bufferbloat.

At 86% - 70% I get "B" on Download and "A" UP

At 50% I am getting BB readings of "A" in both directions with still over 2MB up and 9MB Down.

I will go take a look at what bufferbloat is as I just thought it was what I did when I ate to much but my wife assures me that is Dufferbloat.

OK so just lowered sliders to 10% to give me 7.1 down and 0.9 UP, this is still above what is recommended for online gaming and the BBis "A" down and "D" up.

So correct me if I am wrong here but this suggests that it may be a bad idea (for me) to throttle my connection to levels that some people suggest. ;)

Seems the sweet spot for my connection is 55% to give "A" across the readings

Thats at 9.3 down and 2.5 up

Reading this late...

I use TBB speedtester here in the UK, When i test at 100 I get bufferbloat if I test at 70% I do not A.

70% CC on any connection is a good idea.

Damn that's good to hear Z as I was about to be bummed out,ran the test and was a D+ for buffer bloat at 100 % CC.

Has anyone actually figured out how to fix / keep it to a minimum ?

Damn that's good to hear Z as I was about to be bummed out,ran the test and was a D+ for buffer bloat at 100 % CC.

Has anyone actually figured out how to fix / keep it to a minimum ?

Mine is 70% for bagsta its 55% , i would test until you get an A for BB fuzzy.

I just ran same test with sliders set at 70/70 and now I get A,A and C for speed but the buffer bloat went away,that's crazy.

The head room is leaving bandwidth so not to bottleneck and bloat is my working out on this.

So this is good while gaming if somebody streams it will not bottleneck making buffer-bloat and higher ping's, jobs a good un :)

Z, I've always believed you when you say 70/70 and you'll be better off.Of course I've tried the sliders all over the scale just to see the difference's and they are IMO nothing consistent enough to make me get off of 70/70 at the moment.

Z, I've always believed you when you say 70/70 and you'll be better off.Of course I've tried the sliders all over the scale just to see the difference's and they are IMO nothing consistent enough to make me get off of 70/70 at the moment.

Yeah its a good balance of speed and congestion control.

Yup I'm sold on it.I'll still tinker with it but for the most part they stay a 70/70.

I guess we'll see what BO3 has in store for us setting wise and if we need to adjust things one way or the other.

Are you running these tests through your pc browser or games console? does the cc sliders control bandwidth for the pc or does the pc have to be first added like my console on the host filtering page?

Just asking because i would'nt mind finding out what my optimal is? i run this test a while ago and got a poor reading for bufferbloat but though i would sound like a right noob posting up in here about it lol

ok cool. i did it. looks like i got a problem! my upload seems to be very inconsistant anywhere from 0.5 to 1.2 on 95-100% i think i am meant to get upto 2 mb.... hmmmm lol

I already know what the missus will say if i mention getting the next talk talk package up lol

ok cool. i did it. looks like i got a problem! my upload seems to be very inconsistant anywhere from 0.5 to 1.2 on 95-100% i think i am meant to get upto 2 mb.... hmmmm lol

I already know what the missus will say if i mention getting the next talk talk package up lol

Try the tests while using reactivity.

And yes it sucks TT do this , I am on the package with 20 up yes its more but 2 they are taking the **** a bit lol

Proof is in the eating of the pudding, Rocked and rolled tonight, a friend from the usa joining my lobby had his best game ever with 71 kills 9 deaths and 11 captures. I was second with 30 plus and 12 ish and 9 captures. Hit detection bang on bar a couple of times. Really seems to have made a difference.

Now if everybody would just stop noobtoobing the entire fekking map maybe the game would be fun again. there is a word for these people and it begins with c and rhymes with punts.

However the game is a twitching corpse that died a long time ago im afraid.

I was discussing previous cod releases with friends earlier and realised that nobody I know ever bitched about cod 4 like they have done about releases since.

Food for thought for the devs there.

Archived