NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

• Administrators
10 hours ago, NetZilla said:

Ok I have used it for about a week and so far it seems things are going ok. Is there a reason that this firmware is doing that or an upcoming fix or should I do that with the netduma from here on out? 

Great to hear that! Unfortunately this is an NG issue, weirdly not everyone seems to get it on the same firmware but once they get it that seems to be the only workaround. We've told them about it many times over the years so I wouldn't expect a fix too soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2024 at 8:41 AM, Jaydawg2112 said:

Recently, all DNS resolution stops on my router after after a few hours.  Doing a traceroute without DNS resolution traces all the way to various IP addresses on the Internet successfully.  Running NSLOOKUP fails, even when changing the DNS server to a public DNS address.  I even factory defaulted the router and reconfigured it.  The only way to get working again is to reboot the router, and I'm having to reboot every morning.  Any ideas?

XR500 with v3.3.535

Having the same issue, did you find a workaround? It seems to happen under heavy load. If i download a large file it will trigger the issue within 10 mins. 

• Administrators
20 hours ago, fenix said:

Having the same issue, did you find a workaround? It seems to happen under heavy load. If i download a large file it will trigger the issue within 10 mins. 

Are you using Congestion Control when that happens?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using Congestion Control when that happens?

Yes, I had been using it set to Auto. I disabled it 2 days ago and hasn't happened again yet.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, fenix said:

Yes, I had been using it set to Auto. I disabled it 2 days ago and hasn't happened again yet.

Good to hear, try it on Always as well

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Play3r1 said:

Is there any reason to upgrade to this beta firmware? Any new major features or any speed improvements? 

DumaOS for mobile is the big one but overall should be more stable than the previous versions. It may have a new feature or two as well but I can't recall

• 2 weeks later...

So there will be no fix for dns timing out when QOS is enabled? 

I read an old post where it said downgrade to original firmware , do a factory reset then upgrade again, maybe that might fix it?

• Administrators
3 hours ago, DroneMan said:

So there will be no fix for dns timing out when QOS is enabled? 

I read an old post where it said downgrade to original firmware , do a factory reset then upgrade again, maybe that might fix it?

Fixes will come, it's likely though that there won't be any more feature updates.

That could work, would suggest a factory reset once you've finished upgrading though.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Fixes will come, it's likely though that there won't be any more feature updates.

That could work, would suggest a factory reset once you've finished upgrading though.

Can I just simply flash the original firmware and then back again?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, mathmath51 said:

Hi,

Are we actually going to have a "stable" version at some point ? (Stable in quote as for out of a beta)

Thanks

I heard that NG are wanting to release it officially at some point but it'll essentially be the same firmware, probably with a few security updates

• Administrators
6 hours ago, IITazII said:

"Juegos clasificados como DumaOS" siempre está activo Asi no este ningún juego ejecutándose

Is the gaming device still on even in an instant on/standby state? 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is the gaming device still on even in an instant on/standby state? 

Siempre encendido en pausa a veces muestra el juego Minecraft y prioriza, aunque nadie lo esté jugando

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, IITazII said:

Siempre encendido en pausa a veces muestra el juego Minecraft y prioriza, aunque nadie lo esté jugando

The game/console will periodically communicate with servers, that is why it is being picked up. If the console was fully off it would stop