NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

Yes, it is preventing Internet access from my entire internal network.  IP routing is working, but DNS resolution seems to be getting blocked in the router for some reason.  I can't even use the public 8.8.8.8 DNS server, even though I can ping it.

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What affect is this having, preventing you from viewing websites for example?

Sorry, I forgot to quote your response in my last message

Yes, it is preventing Internet access from my entire internal network.  IP routing is working, but DNS resolution seems to be getting blocked in the router for some reason.  I can't even use the public 8.8.8.8 DNS server, even though I can ping it.

So is that it for this firmware then? QOS is completely broken for me, even after rebooting and resetting the router, I have to leave it off or domains just start timing out.

Was looking at getting duma r3 but what's the point if stuff just stays broken forever, don't have much confidence in it

• Administrators
2 hours ago, DroneMan said:

So is that it for this firmware then? QOS is completely broken for me, even after rebooting and resetting the router, I have to leave it off or domains just start timing out.

Was looking at getting duma r3 but what's the point if stuff just stays broken forever, don't have much confidence in it

I'm not 100% sure on what the plan is but I suspect it'll primarily be bug fixes with no new features

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SurvivorOf said:

my geo filter isn't working at all anymore. says RAPP isn't loaded, try again. Please help

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

On 1/21/2024 at 1:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to the System Information page and then in the Rapp panel menu ≡ change the retries to 5, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes before accessing and see if it works then please.

now has Missing JSON response

On 1/21/2024 at 1:04 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

confirming it works now, just had to log out first

• Administrators
On 1/24/2024 at 10:13 PM, Piterpx said:

I'm having trouble with the speed of the wifi. It doesn't go beyond 20mb when by cable it gives me 950mb. Any solutions?

1. Split the bands, give 2.4/5GHz different names and apply - you'll want to connect to 5GHz specifically for speeds
  2. Use a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that
  3. Experiment with the widths to see what gives better results
  4. Ensure it's in an elevated position - not on a metal surface
  5. Ensure there aren't any electrical / wireless devices e.g headphones etc within close proximity ~3 feet if possible
  6. Set the antennae to this position _ | | _

See if its any higher then

Not trying to be an asshoke buttttt.......Fk this poopy, from day one problems with XR 500 and Duma OS. Now again out if nowhere the screwing panel died. Here I am in middle of the fkkin night trying to fix my poopyty unstable expensive router.

Cant get in the web interface, keeps loading duma oS, tried everything said in forums, reset everything blabla. wasted 2 hours now had completely other plans. Buggy poopy fk me its ridiculous for such a marketed product.

So now I am supposed to waste another couple hours testing poopy to see what actually might fix it????

UNTILL IT HAPPENS AGAIN?

My god.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, Dude said:

Not trying to be an asshoke buttttt.......Fk this poopy, from day one problems with XR 500 and Duma OS. Now again out if nowhere the screwing panel died. Here I am in middle of the fkkin night trying to fix my poopyty unstable expensive router.

Cant get in the web interface, keeps loading duma oS, tried everything said in forums, reset everything blabla. wasted 2 hours now had completely other plans. Buggy poopy fk me its ridiculous for such a marketed product.

So now I am supposed to waste another couple hours testing poopy to see what actually might fix it????

UNTILL IT HAPPENS AGAIN?

My god.

Is this on the beta? I don't think I've seen many people get Rapp not loaded on this version. Use routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm to login and then try re-upgrading from there. Also just to double check, you're not still on RC10 are you?

I've been having issues with accessing the UI and I noticed the firmware version in the top is XR500 V2.3.2.135. Is this the rc14 version but named wrong? I'm assuming this is what's causing my daily to EOD disconnects which makes me have to factory reset each time. I also don't have the adblocker for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, NetZilla said:

I've been having issues with accessing the UI and I noticed the firmware version in the top is XR500 V2.3.2.135. Is this the rc14 version but named wrong? I'm assuming this is what's causing my daily to EOD disconnects which makes me have to factory reset each time. I also don't have the adblocker for whatever reason.

Your on the intermediate firmware download the rc10 beta ask Fraser or one of the admins to send you the rc10 update then update to that then the beta firmware on the first page on here

• Administrators
On 2/7/2024 at 7:05 AM, NetZilla said:

Did you follow the instructions from the first post? If not then it's probably the above. Go through the first post again and go through in sequence

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you follow the instructions from the first post? If not then it's probably the above. Go through the first post again and go through in sequence

I already had the rc14 beta running for several months but it's been having issues with randomly disconnecting and only with a factory reset does it fix it. I tried installing the previous rc10 firmware but must have forgot & used the intermediate firmware instead. I successfully upgraded to rc14 just now so i'll test to see if I have the same issues over the next week. I turned Adblocker off to see if that was causing the conflict but it did not. Do you recommend I run the rc10 firmware instead? Is that more stable IYO over the rc14 in some cases? Just having to 30/30/30 every day or EOD is just irritating. Not sure what's causing it. My ISP says on their side it's not showing my internet is going down. I also tried with my second router(VPN) as the main and didn't have issues at least for the 2 days I was using it. Thanks for any help you can provide and sorry for the delay in response as I haven't made time to troubleshoot it.

2 hours ago, NetZilla said:

I already had the rc14 beta running for several months but it's been having issues with randomly disconnecting and only with a factory reset does it fix it. I tried installing the previous rc10 firmware but must have forgot & used the intermediate firmware instead. I successfully upgraded to rc14 just now so i'll test to see if I have the same issues over the next week. I turned Adblocker off to see if that was causing the conflict but it did not. Do you recommend I run the rc10 firmware instead? Is that more stable IYO over the rc14 in some cases? Just having to 30/30/30 every day or EOD is just irritating. Not sure what's causing it. My ISP says on their side it's not showing my internet is going down. I also tried with my second router(VPN) as the main and didn't have issues at least for the 2 days I was using it. Thanks for any help you can provide and sorry for the delay in response as I haven't made time to troubleshoot it.

I would avoid the old 30.30.30 reset. That was for very old routers to clear out ram and reset. Modern routers don’t require this and you can create issues using this method. The factory reset should be carried out using the rear pin as that’s the safest way.

1 hour ago, Newfie said:

I would avoid the old 30.30.30 reset. That was for very old routers to clear out ram and reset. Modern routers don’t require this and you can create issues using this method. The factory reset should be carried out using the rear pin as that’s the safest way.

OK will do. 

• Administrators

As above wouldn't do that, stay on RC14 for now, if you get disconnects again try this:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above wouldn't do that, stay on RC14 for now, if you get disconnects again try this:

In LAN Settings, set the DHCP range to start at .50, then assign reserved IP addresses to devices between .2 & .49 so they're out of the DHCP range, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 4 minutes and see if that stops the disconnects.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks Fraser. I'll test it for a week and see how it goes & come back with an update.

On 2/9/2024 at 7:50 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

On 2/9/2024 at 4:50 PM, NetZilla said:

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks Fraser. I'll test it for a week and see how it goes & come back with an update.

Ok I have used it for about a week and so far it seems things are going ok. Is there a reason that this firmware is doing that or an upcoming fix or should I do that with the netduma from here on out?