NEW XR500 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.535

Hello, I'm using XR500. I'm only playing Efootball 2024 over PS5. I'm doing the traffic classification as in the picture, but I can't get any reaction. What kind of setting should I make for Efootball? If there are friends who know, I would appreciate it if they help. 

Ekran görüntüsü 2023-12-23 092053.png

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Hello, I'm using XR500. I'm only playing Efootball 2024 over PS5. I'm doing the traffic classification as in the picture, but I can't get any reaction. What kind of setting should I make for Efootball? If there are friends who know, I would appreciate it if they help. 

You don't need to specify a service on the console, DumaOS Classified Games would work or you could add it with the console service.

So in this firmware is the DNS leak issue fixed? Imy xr500 running latest firmware from Netgear and have configured hybridVPN with NordVPN settings, my devices are getting IP address from my VPN server but DNS from my ISP, its leaking DNS, this issue was first reported in 2019 on this forum and I am shocked it still persists. 

please tell me how to fix this.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, carmaruti said:

So in this firmware is the DNS leak issue fixed? Imy xr500 running latest firmware from Netgear and have configured hybridVPN with NordVPN settings, my devices are getting IP address from my VPN server but DNS from my ISP, its leaking DNS, this issue was first reported in 2019 on this forum and I am shocked it still persists. 

please tell me how to fix this.

I've responded to your topic

• Administrators

I replied to your comment, I dont see the option to select DNS on HybridVPN page. can you confirm if its enabled on this beta build? When do you plan to officially release this firmware?

I think it is on this version, I don't have one to hand though to double check. It's up to Netgear for official releases so I couldn't say

I know you dont give out ETA but curious how long after beta typically netgear will make the build officially available based on past histroy? I see this beta is avialable for 6 months now, so hoping final build will be ready soon to be delivered by Netgear? When they deliver the final build do I need to do the intermediatory step as recommended for this beta?

• Administrators

I know you dont give out ETA but curious how long after beta typically netgear will make the build officially available based on past histroy? I see this beta is avialable for 6 months now, so hoping final build will be ready soon to be delivered by Netgear? When they deliver the final build do I need to do the intermediatory step as recommended for this beta?

It's entirely up to them so I couldn't say, it has however been longer than is expected. No it's unlikely the intermediary firmware would be needed for a launch version.

I have a Bug.

If i want Setup the XR500 without a second Router with Internet Access the XR500 Setup Faild and Dumaos dont load.
Only a pc and a lan cable and the xr500.

xr500error1.jpg.3a2bf4070c1b45de1caf5ad49dc15b1a.jpg

I finish the Setup and after this.... Dumaos is not loading.

If i have a second Router and Choose the first one, setup finish and Dumaos is loading.

I test this 3x. With a secound Router it works, without Dumaos not loading.

I send a log from XR500 with Dumaos not loading.

xr500errorlog.txt

• Administrators
44 minutes ago, Fairypusher said:

I have a Bug.

If i want Setup the XR500 without a second Router with Internet Access the XR500 Setup Faild and Dumaos dont load.
Only a pc and a lan cable and the xr500.

I finish the Setup and after this.... Dumaos is not loading.

If i have a second Router and Choose the first one, setup finish and Dumaos is loading.

I test this 3x. With a secound Router it works, without Dumaos not loading.

I send a log from XR500 with Dumaos not loading.

xr500errorlog.txt 11.71 kB · 0 downloads

Good catch thank you, I'll pass it onto the team!

• Administrators
18 hours ago, carmaruti said:

I am confused by your last response, so why wont they Netgear release firmware update when you guys have made it?? Has it happened in the past?

It's been six months since release so I would have thought they would have done it by now if they were planning to

• Administrators
2 hours ago, JayC7 said:

Will you continue to release updates for the XR500? Will it get the smart qos feature. 

I think it will be mostly bug fixes and no major features being added so unlikely for SmartQoS

Recently, all DNS resolution stops on my router after after a few hours.  Doing a traceroute without DNS resolution traces all the way to various IP addresses on the Internet successfully.  Running NSLOOKUP fails, even when changing the DNS server to a public DNS address.  I even factory defaulted the router and reconfigured it.  The only way to get working again is to reboot the router, and I'm having to reboot every morning.  Any ideas?

XR500 with v3.3.535

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jaydawg2112 said:

Recently, all DNS resolution stops on my router after after a few hours.  Doing a traceroute without DNS resolution traces all the way to various IP addresses on the Internet successfully.  Running NSLOOKUP fails, even when changing the DNS server to a public DNS address.  I even factory defaulted the router and reconfigured it.  The only way to get working again is to reboot the router, and I'm having to reboot every morning.  Any ideas?

XR500 with v3.3.535

Try disabling Adblocker and see if it works then please

• Administrators
33 minutes ago, Jaydawg2112 said:

Thanks for the reply.  I have already disabled AdBlocker as part of my troubleshooting.

What affect is this having, preventing you from viewing websites for example?