Cod mw2 headset / footsteps

kinel

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 6:03 PM, Fuzy said:

@kinel@fuzzy

If you want to use sonar on PS5, it's possible... On xbox series s, I work like this:

I transferred all the audio stream from my xbox to my PC via the jack of my screen (no audio output on xbox series S apart from the hdmi), then via the stereo mix of the PC's sound card by opening the listening on the input line, either the flow is transferred to my audio speakers or to my headphones by my audio line output.

image.thumb.png.426c0b2bef87b409c6d62105f6a10abf.png

Im still trying to work out how to do this  

What cables do i need  also should the dac be plugged into the ps5 / xboxs   or into pc i will buy the cables  i need

Does my pc have to have a sound card  

Ass i think my pc has onboard graphics and sound  no soundcard far as im aware    

Cheers

I use the Astro Mixamp Pro Tr*(newest one) and have used pretty much all the presets from The Zeference, GadgetryTech, and several others on yt with my Sennheiser pc38x gaming headset. Still can't seem to find what works best though. GadgetryTech said that footsteps were in the 111Hz zone and the 870Hz zone mainly. Since I'm not on PC I don't use the Dolby Atmos to fine tune it. But I do notice that in killcams I can see the enemy can hear me very clearly and wait for me to kill which I seem to not be able to do consistently. Go figure. Maybe it's made for people with garbage headsets? Maybe it's like reverse boosting in that we need to find the cheapest and worst setups and it'll make footsteps the loudest and easiest to hear. I'm actually only half way kidding. Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Hopefully we can get a consensus on what setup and settings work best for this game.

This is a game changer and it work's with any headset:

Download Steele Engine

Use Sonar

The following video shows you how Sonar can isolate the frequencies, which this guy tested, to enhance footsteps.  I'm using the Steele Arctis 7p on PC and the footsteps are extremely loud.  I would suggest using "Spatial Sound" to see if it isolates the direction better.  

Watch this video and set it up how he uses it - 

I play on XSX so we can’t use Sonar but I watched that video last week and adjusted Dolby Atmos EQ accordingly…if anything, it made it worse.

I also “Gaming Headsets” on Reddit, and it’s basically recommended that the EQ/spacial software on Xbox are rubbish and it’s best to disable them. I did this and set audio to stereo compressed on Xbox settings…it’s still rubbish but better than any other settings I’ve tested.

5 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Apparently they boosted footstep audio but mine sounds just as bad as it did pre-update. Tested all the options and settings again but no improvement.

Have any of you seen this yet about the audio? Maybe this might help?

On 11/15/2022 at 8:27 PM, Nuschler22 said:

This is a game changer and it work's with any headset:

Download Steele Engine

Use Sonar

The following video shows you how Sonar can isolate the frequencies, which this guy tested, to enhance footsteps.  I'm using the Steele Arctis 7p on PC and the footsteps are extremely loud.  I would suggest using "Spatial Sound" to see if it isolates the direction better.  

Watch this video and set it up how he uses it - 

I  already had his settings already but thanks any way

I do agree with gagetrytech about  using  homethearte as an option  

He says headphones  muffles out footsteps if  there near you and the ambient noise near you  it harder to hear them

I would love to tryy his sona settings but im on ps5  so cant use sonar

Thats why i was asking fuzy how to setup sonar on console   as i wanna try gagetry settings  ive seen all his atris nova vids

But atm  ive  a yt called Scrapper_Fish  also jbord are eq you guys should try out

1 hour ago, Alex49H said:

Have any of you seen this yet about the audio? Maybe this might help?

Yeah I spotted the Mono settings during campaign early access and actually questioned it on here as the descriptions didn’t make sense. All the YT settings guides say to keep it off, but I’ll give it some further testing with some other settings.

7 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

Yeah I spotted the Mono settings during campaign early access and actually questioned it on here as the descriptions didn’t make sense. All the YT settings guides say to keep it off, but I’ll give it some further testing with some other settings.

I think those people don't know (leave it off), it's probably a bug. I have seen diff videos about settings for in game and everyone has their own opinion of do this or do that 🤪, which I have been testing myself just to see what is good and what isn't.  But I trust Sim and know he is in the know. 

Also  a member here  posted a recent yt vido  saying the same thing  and hes a sound engineer so i would trus his word

Think hes called trakky  if i remeber correctly  he used to post cod vids hrere before

He said tyrn  mon on on and turn it down all the way down

Out of curiosity ps users do you used  the ps 3d sound settings

I think these  settings might be better as the devs said there sound engine is optimized for 3d sound

Im still trying to figure if to  use it or not

6 hours ago, kinel said:

Also  a member here  posted a recent yt vido  saying the same thing  and hes a sound engineer so i would trus his word

Think hes called trakky  if i remeber correctly  he used to post cod vids hrere before

He said tyrn  mon on on and turn it down all the way down

Out of curiosity ps users do you used  the ps 3d sound settings

I think these  settings might be better as the devs said there sound engine is optimized for 3d sound

Im still trying to figure if to  use it or not

I was watching TacticalBrit/Westie earlier and they said that PS players have much better sound in game compared to Xbox and PC due to the PS audio engine…so if you’ve got it then use it.

I mainly tested in game audio settings, volume level tweaks and Dolby Atmos tonight so will test Mono audio settings again over the weekend.

crazy i play on pc now and have two friends on xbox series s. one can hear footsteps that sound like elephants stomping around and from a far distance and for me and the second friend the sound is garbled and directional audio plus footsteps is none exsistant until enemy is 2 meters away from you it seems. 

Ive noticed since the dmz patch 

That turning off mono   seems a lot better now for directetional sounds

With it on im  struggling to locate footsteps since latest patch

So mayge they changed it in patch

Been testing a few settings and have now found Home Theatre with flat Dolby Atmos EQ works best for my headset plugged in to Elite2 on XSX. I used to find Home Theatre to be too quiet but I’ve played around with the XSX audio sliders and the volume levels in game. Directional audio isn’t the best but it’s better than I’ve experienced so far on this game.

@kinel As explained before: To use the steelseries GG software via my PC for my xbox, I go through the audio jack output of my screen (connected via hdmi to the screen) which I connect to the audio in jack on my motherboard. Then I check the input in so that it is listened to at the PC sound settings and I finally adjust the sonar software!

To sum up, the audio stream from the xbox is transmitted to the PC via the screen!

On 11/28/2022 at 7:18 AM, kinel said:

You   should try  a youtuber called jbord ne  mw2  settings eq vid it about 3 days old 

Using this guys recommended Dolby Atmos settings with Home Theatre setting in game, and it’s the best audio I’ve had with MW2 so far.