Xr 500

Bul

I was able to join Italy or Spain servers last night as a test, but I couldn’t tell which I was connected to as both were highlighted in geo filter during the game and pings are approx the same. Is there anyway to identify whether I’m connected to Italy or Spain…such as certain info in the Auto Ping data?

• Administrators
Just now, K0NSPIRACY said:

I was able to join Italy or Spain servers last night as a test, but I couldn’t tell which I was connected to as both were highlighted in geo filter during the game and pings are approx the same. Is there anyway to identify whether I’m connected to Italy or Spain…such as certain info in the Auto Ping data?

The host of the game is always the largest icon on the map - if there is a server with a white circle around it then that is an authentication server and its ping has no impact on your game quality

• Administrators

The one in the UK with a white circle around it is an authentication server, not a game server so it doesn't impact your game at all. From the Geo-Filter screenshots it is allowing them in your radius, what is a ping to the game when you have a server in your radius?

@Bul If you’re based in the UK, leave your home location there and “allow” the Italy and Spain servers when you start the game up (turn off auto ping and manually select them). Please note this may take a couple of start ups of the game to add both servers to the allow list. Once you’ve done that, use polygon method in geo filter to draw around Italy and Spain, then search for games. I only tried this late last night and only played a couple of games, so will need further testing but this is what worked for me so give it a try.

12 minutes ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

@Bul Se risiedi nel Regno Unito, lascia lì la tua posizione di casa e "consenti" i server Italia e Spagna all'avvio del gioco (disattiva il ping automatico e selezionali manualmente). Tieni presente che potrebbero essere necessari un paio di avvii del gioco per aggiungere entrambi i server all'elenco di autorizzazioni. Una volta fatto, usa il metodo del poligono nel filtro geografico per disegnare in giro per l'Italia e la Spagna, quindi cerca i giochi. L'ho provato solo a tarda notte e ho giocato solo un paio di giochi, quindi avrò bisogno di ulteriori test, ma questo è ciò che ha funzionato per me, quindi provalo.

Nono i don t live uk hehe 

• Administrators

Interesting, I wonder if the factory resets haven't worked properly - it's something we've resolved a fix for in the next version and that is why polygon is causing an error. Keep that disabled for now, the new firmware isn't too far off.

On 11/4/2022 at 12:36 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, I wonder if the factory resets haven't worked properly - it's something we've resolved a fix for in the next version and that is why polygon is causing an error. Keep that disabled for now, the new firmware isn't too far off.

Hopefully it's been a very long time

• 3 weeks later...