Xr 500

Bul

here I am again, I often turn off the router at night and then turn it on in the morning and so far everything was fine, about 1 day when I turn on or restart the router it gives me the "status" of the vpn "failed", I simply have to disable / enable the vpn and reconnects, but this bothers me a lot because I have to enter the router and then until now it has never done so, how can I solve it?

9F5625EB-5EC2-4C0C-BFD9-E00CB03548A6.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Bul said:
here I am again, I often turn off the router at night and then turn it on in the morning and so far everything was fine, about 1 day when I turn on or restart the router it gives me the "status" of the vpn "failed", I simply have to disable / enable the vpn and reconnects, but this bothers me a lot because I have to enter the router and then until now it has never done so, how can I solve it?

Does this occur if you don't turn the router off at night? I don't think it'll reconnect automatically if the router loses power. Are there any VPN logs in the 'logs' tab?

it occurs when I restart the router, but from 1 day it started to do it, I'll explain to you, I have interference problems with the wintre modem then I turned off the router and fixed the modem windtre, once turned on the router started doing this every time it was off (in the modem wind3 I simply changed the channel to 10 and it does not interfere with the router which is 13)

626197EF-2AEB-40E0-A900-6909F27BCF01.jpeg

9CDF26D6-7C6A-4DA5-90C2-86DBC0D94196.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bul said:
it occurs when I restart the router, but from 1 day it started to do it, I'll explain to you, I have interference problems with the wintre modem then I turned off the router and fixed the modem windtre, once turned on the router started doing this every time it was off (in the modem wind3 I simply changed the channel to 10 and it does not interfere with the router which is 13)

OK, there doesn't seem to be anything in the logs with regards to it losing a connection so I suspect it's just due to the router being rebooted. Does it ever drop the VPN connection without the router being rebooted?

• Administrators

Routers are designed to be online all the time and so I don't think there is anything we can do currently to resolve it, if you keep turning it off you'll have to keep re-enabling it. We can look at trying to reconnect it automatically in a future update.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bul said:
I can't answer you because I manually turn it off from the rear button

I mean how long do you leave it off, did you leave it off for 6 hours before the issue and then 8 hours and the issue started for example

I don't know how to quantify the hours, I turn it off in the evening and turn it back on the next day 7-10 hours too, it does it even if I simply restart it without the hours passing

• Administrators

How do you restart it, by the interface, button or unplugging the router?

Setup the VPN so it is connected, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes and then see if it is still connected. If it is, see if it is connected when you next turn it on.

nothing, it does not go from the interface, I have to enter the router and click disconnect / connect on the vpn, (I turn off by pressing the power button behind the router)

the router is back to working normally without touching anything, I have a question to ask about warzone, is there a method to block other players and play alone without closing groups from the game? Once to let a friend in I had to accept him from the router, (it intrigued me) I would love to block people from the router and play alone

48 minutes ago, Bul said:
the router is back to working normally without touching anything, I have a question to ask about warzone, is there a method to block other players and play alone without closing groups from the game? Once to let a friend in I had to accept him from the router, (it intrigued me) I would love to block people from the router and play alone

Warzone uses server-based matchmaking so I'm afraid you won't be able to do that. The reason you would've had to allow your friend is because whichever server he was going through would've appeared outside your Geo-filter radius and therefore would've been blocked by it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm back hi, I'm thinking of doing some live on twich and I would like to change the Qos, I would like it not to affect the game in any way, I have the vpn enabled, console game, and maybe some data on the phone to go to fb and whatsapp, me could you help?

• Administrators

@BulCongestion Control applies to the entire network to prevent local congestion so I would recommend still having that enabled but you could disable Traffic Prioritization and that will stop the game being prioritized. You could also assign bandwidth to the streaming device via Bandwidth Allocation - have a look at what Twitch recommend for upload depending on what quality you're going to stream and then assign the necessary bandwidth.

could you recommend the% based on the above message? to try on the fly, then I watch some videos but I don't know which source to watch

• Administrators

Congestion Control you can experiment with, we always suggest starting at 70%. Based on this: https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding/ you need 3000-6000Kbps (3-6Mbps) upload to stream between 720p - 1080p quality. So for example if you have 10Mbps upload you would assign 30 - 60% to the streaming device.