Xr 500

Bul

one more thing, with this other operator I haven't opened nat (I hadn't opened nat with the old operator either), am I doing something wrong?
modem issp
upnp on dmz xr500, while on xr500 I have upnp and dmz ps5, do I have to do port forwarding?

42 minutes ago, Bul said:
one more thing, with this other operator I haven't opened nat (I hadn't opened nat with the old operator either), am I doing something wrong?
modem issp
upnp on dmz xr500, while on xr500 I have upnp and dmz ps5, do I have to do port forwarding?

You don't need to DMZ the PS5 as well, just the XR500 in the ISP DMZ. After that, see if you have Open NAT. If you don't, temporarily disable Geo-filter's filtering mode and see if that was causing the mis-reading of NAT.

I'm trying various settings to get the hits on mw2 well, I would like to try setting the ps5 to 900kbs upload, how can I do it? should i use 1 modem(xr500) for the ps5 and the rest to the other modem?(isp)

8 hours ago, Bul said:
I'm trying various settings to get the hits on mw2 well, I would like to try setting the ps5 to 900kbs upload, how can I do it? should i use 1 modem(xr500) for the ps5 and the rest to the other modem?(isp)

You can limit it in Bandwidth Allocation's Device mode, just make sure Share Excess is disabled from the sub-menu. What's the reason for wanting to do this exactly? Have you seen or read somewhere that this would help?

I'm trying all possible things, currently I have bad hit detection, the ping is good but the shots have to be fired more than expected, (they talk about it on the forum)

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Bul said:

I'm trying all possible things, currently I have bad hit detection, the ping is good but the shots have to be fired more than expected, (they talk about it on the forum)

You can give it ago, just keep in mind with the suggestion from Liam, it will limit the other devices to their allocation

Do you have anything to try regarding hit detection? honestly before with the old connection and the old dell xr500 software I didn't suffer from this problem, I don't know what to say, maybe it's the game servers

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Bul said:

Do you have anything to try regarding hit detection? honestly before with the old connection and the old dell xr500 software I didn't suffer from this problem, I don't know what to say, maybe it's the game servers

Hit detection is a hard one as it doesn't have any stats and we can only go on improving the stats like ping, packet loss etc. It's especially difficult if you have a good ping but bad hit detection as it's not necessarily anything on your side. People try throttling, experimenting with different ports for Traffic Prioritization and adjusting their MTU so might be worth a look.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bul said:

Do you think when I have bad hit detection it's a problem with the server I choose? (with the geofilter I choose only 1 server)

Quite possibly, a good way to tell is to check the ping the Geo-Filter reports and what the in game ping reports, if the difference is over 30ms or so then the server is likely under load and you're see reduced performance.

I'm trying many traffic traces, today I decide to do a new test as I can't find any feedback in the various influences, I unplug the ethernet cable to the ps5 and here you are, the packets continue to be sent (SAMSUNG =ps5)

BD7217B7-AB1E-47AD-9AC4-5E0213FE0956.jpeg

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Bul said:

I'm trying many traffic traces, today I decide to do a new test as I can't find any feedback in the various influences, I unplug the ethernet cable to the ps5 and here you are, the packets continue to be sent (SAMSUNG =ps5)

Are packets actually continuing to tick up? It may stay on briefly but the packets shouldn't change much.

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, Bul said:

they continue, I tried for about 15 minutes, it doesn't seem to go well bho

Double check the device manager for the Samsung device and double check the IP and see if it is the same on the console network settings

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Bul said:

It s ok ip 

The IPs both match? If so then it can't possibly be prioritizing any traffic for that device so you can ignore it but you can double check if any traffic is detected for it in the Network Monitor

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, Bul said:

very very strange, they coincide, some time ago I did the same test and they turned off (before the update)

You're seeing traffic on Network Monitor? If so are you 100% sure that is the correct device - it's strange the PS5 is called another company