NEW R1 FIRMWARE: 3.0.207

Netduma Liam

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

I’m using my phone with my data so would you know my netduma up address?

Ah have you been posting here each time through your phone? If so we wouldn't know it, if you can post here while connected to the router we'll have the correct IP to try and access from

Hello again :P
Is it normal that the router can't reach 300mbps in download? I got a 300/30 broadband, highest I reached was 171mbps  on the routers connection benchmark. On a speedtest on my PC I got 22mbps on both upload and download. I did Disable the QoS when testing aswell. When bypassing the router I got 310mbps
I don't think this was an issue on the original firmware as far as I remember as It had the option to turn on "super turbo speed" mode when I needed it. But maybe that one was limited to 170mbps aswell? hmmm... I am confused.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, Offen said:

Hello again :P
Is it normal that the router can't reach 300mbps in download? I got a 300/30 broadband, highest I reached was 171mbps  on the routers connection benchmark. On a speedtest on my PC I got 22mbps on both upload and download. I did Disable the QoS when testing aswell. When bypassing the router I got 310mbps
I don't think this was an issue on the original firmware as far as I remember as It had the option to turn on "super turbo speed" mode when I needed it. But maybe that one was limited to 170mbps aswell? hmmm... I am confused.

The Connection Benchmark speeds we're still improving on so you can ignore that for the moment. Speedtest.net is odd though, can you take a screenshot of the Device Manager table view please and post here? How did you disable QoS exactly?

59 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Connection Benchmark speeds we're still improving on so you can ignore that for the moment. Speedtest.net is odd though, can you take a screenshot of the Device Manager table view please and post here? How did you disable QoS exactly?

Alright, good to know it's a bug.

So what I did to Disable the QoS was with the checkbox on the QoS page, I unckecked it after I was done:

image.png.8aaff9ed49f3a197072fdb0cfa5fd500.png

Device manager as requested:

image.thumb.png.24c5a876925eb6b06ab310fd0165138f.png

Edit: changed to table view

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

One of the ports there are limited to 100Mbits, try with a different ethernet cable and see if you get better speeds

hmm, that is the TV, it doesn't have a gigabit network card. I did manage to get a proper speedtest on the PC after disabling QoS and rebooting.
But I was also having some troubles before I did the test.
It started with me half DC from everything. By "Half DC" I mean, getting DCd from a game, and also voip and my screen share on discord died all ta the same time. But I didn't DC from Steam or discord. Kinda hard to explain, I was online, but I couldn't hear or talk to anyone in the channel, or load any webpages etc. it was weird. A reboot on the router fixed it.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Offen said:

hmm, that is the TV, it doesn't have a gigabit network card. I did manage to get a proper speedtest on the PC after disabling QoS and rebooting.
But I was also having some troubles before I did the test.
It started with me half DC from everything. By "Half DC" I mean, getting DCd from a game, and also voip and my screen share on discord died all ta the same time. But I didn't DC from Steam or discord. Kinda hard to explain, I was online, but I couldn't hear or talk to anyone in the channel, or load any webpages etc. it was weird. A reboot on the router fixed it.

Glad to hear it is resolved, do keep us posted on how you get on.

7 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

this is my computer ip address. hoping this gets resolved

Great thank you, hopefully we can get this done early week for you.

So after all this time and the xbox party chat is still broken.... dude seriously I gave up ages ago and went asus and couldn't be happier myself. Surely people who can't use the xbox party chat be given a decent discount on an r2 or something.

4 hours ago, digz_au said:

So after all this time and the xbox party chat is still broken.... dude seriously I gave up ages ago and went asus and couldn't be happier myself. Surely people who can't use the xbox party chat be given a decent discount on an r2 or something.

Apologies this issue has taken so long to resolve, I'll follow up with the team now and see where we are with it. Last I heard we were able to replicate it but unforunately it's quite a complicated issue to resolve.

17 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Apologies this issue has taken so long to resolve, I'll follow up with the team now and see where we are with it. Last I heard we were able to replicate it but unforunately it's quite a complicated issue to resolve.

Thank you, I'm keen to get back to using my r1 once this issues is laid to rest.

18 minutes ago, R3M!X said:

Does this fw version increase the speed cap of 1000mbps? I just upgraded my internet to 1200mbps. I can't go pass 1000mbps on an older fw.

I'm afraid not, 1000mbps is the maximum the ethernet ports on the R1 can do, this isn't something that can be increased through a software update.

19 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

I'm afraid not, 1000mbps is the maximum the ethernet ports on the R1 can do, this isn't something that can be increased through a software update.

Oh RIP, Does the XR500 or R2 exceed that cap?

1 hour ago, R3M!X said:

Does this fw version increase the speed cap of 1000mbps? I just upgraded my internet to 1200mbps. I can't go pass 1000mbps on an older fw.

Lets remember that Wifi will not see much near 900Mpbs on the XR series routers unless your wifi device supports 4x4 antenna configuration and also supports 1733Mpbs which only the XR450/500 support if 160Mhz is enabled. Otherwise 1300Mpbs is the norm. Most 5Ghz AC devices max out at around 400-500mpbs with 2x2 antenna configurations. 4x4 should see around 900Mpbs range configurations and devices are optimally set up and supportive. Wired ports, depending on FW/PC and HW NAT support should see near 900Mpbs or over.  However I think the R1 doesn't support this. The R2 does. 

Just wondering, is there a fw version I can go back to that will fix xbox party chat?

As I have not been able to get BT IGMP IPTV working on either my R1 or XR300, I basically use the R1 as a dmz connected network switch in my man cave and bizarrely, because I use party chat, I have to bypass my gaming router when I want to, er, game! 

3 hours ago, craiga79 said:

Just wondering, is there a fw version I can go back to that will fix xbox party chat?

As I have not been able to get BT IGMP IPTV working on either my R1 or XR300, I basically use the R1 as a dmz connected network switch in my man cave and bizarrely, because I use party chat, I have to bypass my gaming router when I want to, er, game! 

Unfortunately I think this is present on both original release and beta firmware. I remember you saying you also have issues with the BT IGMP IPTV so I'll chase this up internally to see where we are with both of these issues.

On 4/25/2021 at 5:44 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it is resolved, do keep us posted on how you get on.

Great thank you, hopefully we can get this done early week for you.

Hi netduma team, when will am i able to use this update?

22 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Unfortunately I think this is present on both original release and beta firmware. I remember you saying you also have issues with the BT IGMP IPTV so I'll chase this up internally to see where we are with both of these issues.

Last time I tried the og firmware worked for party chat. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

Hi netduma team, when will am i able to use this update?

Sorry about this, I know the dev is really busy, I'll see if I can get someone else to do this on Tuesday once they're back in the office.

• Administrators
On 4/3/2021 at 5:14 PM, Swgohlegend said:

I just disabled it

Sorry for the delay, dev tried to access today but wasn't able to, I suspect your IP has changed. Could you post here again using your broadband connection please?