NEW R1 FIRMWARE: 3.0.207

Netduma Liam

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry for the delay, dev tried to access today but wasn't able to, I suspect your IP has changed. Could you post here again using your broadband connection please?

try this now

On 4/19/2021 at 6:28 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that will be why, yes a speedtest on the Xbox, just do something online and it should go to online if it's working correctly.

Do you leave the interface open the whole time by the way? That could be why it's crashing. Thanks!

I've chased the team and asked them to do it on Monday, sorry for the delay.

Hi, sorry for such a delay in posting a reply, umm yes I usually have it open on a second monitor for the first game or 2, and then close the browser and only open it again and log in when im not happy with the connection to check whether im on a local server or not, as I filtering servers didn't seam to improve anything and seriously delayed match making and I also wanted to eliminate the filtering as the cause to somewhat frequent disconnects from the server in cold war that would happen during every other game I played.

I've also changed isp's since I had posted last and now on a 250/25mbps plan. The extra bandwidth is nice but even tho this provider had significantly better POI's & POP'S then my previous ISP and there recommended by many sources as the best provider for gamers and others wanting lowest latency possible, ive found that rather then the download bandwidth availible during peak times be much lower then its regular speed, as on my previous isp, it actually is the upload that takes a huge hit sometimes 50% lower while the download generally slightly exceeds the 250mbps my connection Is configured for.

This has required me to set the duma to NOT share excess and ive had to assign my xbox only 2mbps upload in order to play on a stable ping. Which I suspect isn't the ideal situation, any suggestions would be welcome

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

I've also changed isp's since I had posted last and now on a 250/25mbps plan. The extra bandwidth is nice but even tho this provider had significantly better POI's & POP'S then my previous ISP and there recommended by many sources as the best provider for gamers and others wanting lowest latency possible, ive found that rather then the download bandwidth availible during peak times be much lower then its regular speed, as on my previous isp, it actually is the upload that takes a huge hit sometimes 50% lower while the download generally slightly exceeds the 250mbps my connection Is configured for.

This has required me to set the duma to NOT share excess and ive had to assign my xbox only 2mbps upload in order to play on a stable ping. Which I suspect isn't the ideal situation, any suggestions would be welcome

I'd suggest unplugging the router from power for 10 minutes, then plug in, wait 2 minutes then perform a hard reset using the pin in the back, hold for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access and see whether that stops the crashes occurring.

The bandwidth shouldn't affect it too much and share excess should be better on so it gets the bandwidth it needs when it needs it?

8 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

when will this get resolved?

I will badger the dev all week to get it done, sorry about this!

3 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

@netduma Fraser ok thanks ill gave that a go, my HFC arris modem is fairly recent, i remember something about a chipset problem a few years back, any idea how to check?

What the model of the Arris modem? I'll see if I can look it up.

On 5/8/2021 at 7:55 AM, Swgohlegend said:

when will this get resolved?

i dont know if anyone else is having this issue with the os with the orginal netduma but im thinking that there is a issue here since there is a delay still here? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Swgohlegend said:

i dont know if anyone else is having this issue with the os with the orginal netduma but im thinking that there is a issue here since there is a delay still here? 

I just think the dev is really busy, we had a similar issue for a handful of users on the R2 that was fixed by a dev remotely connecting so I'm pretty sure it will be the same issue. I am chasing as much as I can

On 5/9/2021 at 9:09 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'd suggest unplugging the router from power for 10 minutes, then plug in, wait 2 minutes then perform a hard reset using the pin in the back, hold for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then access and see whether that stops the crashes occurring.

The bandwidth shouldn't affect it too much and share excess should be better on so it gets the bandwidth it needs when it needs it?

I will badger the dev all week to get it done, sorry about this!

So i followed your advice and noticed the following as being enabled after logging back in after the hard reset

new.PNG

• Administrators
23 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

Could you post again from a PC connected to the network - the IP has changed again

On 5/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, Netduma Liam said:

That model is running a Broadcom SOC so you're all good there.

Have you experienced any further crashed since Fraser's latest advice?

No, but i did change it to 5 app tries upon reboot. but so so far its been good. that screen i posted, which by default has 'port scan protection' disabled, is that the recommended setting?

As per the attached pic, 25 servers failed to ping when trying the Coldwar Ping Heatmap

As per the second pic, at https://ipv6-test.com/ which i ran a test from as my new ISP supports IPv6, i got the following result. 'Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.' Just wondering if this could be why party chat might not be working.

And word of caution, last week my activation account was 'hacked' Someone managed to log into my account and change the email address effectively locking me out of it, without even a email notice saying it had been done. just when i loaded up the game i got the message saying a activision account is needed to play online and asking me to create a account. im in the middle of the process which they say takes 10 days to recover the account so fingers crossed. ive not been able to find out how the data breach happened, but i assume it got to be something activision/ Call of Duty related as no other service i have was affected. So i recommended everyone to  change their password to avoid suffering such a problem

Capture.PNG

Capturew.PNG

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, Private Greenie said:

No, but i did change it to 5 app tries upon reboot. but so so far its been good. that screen i posted, which by default has 'port scan protection' disabled, is that the recommended setting?

As per the attached pic, 25 servers failed to ping when trying the Coldwar Ping Heatmap

As per the second pic, at https://ipv6-test.com/ which i ran a test from as my new ISP supports IPv6, i got the following result. 'Your router or firewall is filtering ICMPv6 messages sent to your computer. An IPv6 host that cannot receive ICMP messages may encounter problems like some web pages loading partially or not at all.' Just wondering if this could be why party chat might not be working.

And word of caution, last week my activation account was 'hacked' Someone managed to log into my account and change the email address effectively locking me out of it, without even a email notice saying it had been done. just when i loaded up the game i got the message saying a activision account is needed to play online and asking me to create a account. im in the middle of the process which they say takes 10 days to recover the account so fingers crossed. ive not been able to find out how the data breach happened, but i assume it got to be something activision/ Call of Duty related as no other service i have was affected. So i recommended everyone to  change their password to avoid suffering such a problem

Glad to hear it! Port Scan Protection is enabled by default so is recommended but it's up to you. I'll get the team to update heatmap again.

Have you disabled respond to ping by any chance in settings?

Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Glad to hear it! Port Scan Protection is enabled by default so is recommended but it's up to you. I'll get the team to update heatmap again.

Have you disabled respond to ping by any chance in settings?

ok ill turn it on, just a fyi that was disabled following a hard reset as per the instructions above. yes i have respond to ping off. im guessing your asking coz turning it off broke icmp

• Administrators
49 minutes ago, Private Greenie said:

ok ill turn it on, just a fyi that was disabled following a hard reset as per the instructions above. yes i have respond to ping off. im guessing your asking coz turning it off broke icmp

You can keep it disabled if you think that might be helping with the disconnects. That's right, I suspect if you enable that then the test will not mention that as a problem

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You can keep it disabled if you think that might be helping with the disconnects. That's right, I suspect if you enable that then the test will not mention that as a problem

nah it fails even with respond to ping turned on, and the R1 rebooted.

whats got me stumped is the low level packet loss im getting regardless of settings, device port and change of lan cables. nothing ive done has managed to change the fluctuating pings from 8ms up to around 40ms which happens on idle connection and when attempting to congest the line. same thing with the packet loss. 

ive tried isp support and no luck, but ive got another support request in with ping plotter logs so hopefully i can get it sorted. 2-5% packet lose is frustrating as hell, but im positive ive narrowed it down to the 'line' as i get the same results computer wired direct to modem, which i hadnt last time i spoke to them so they basically ignored me after the basic line test

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

nah it fails even with respond to ping turned on, and the R1 rebooted.

whats got me stumped is the low level packet loss im getting regardless of settings, device port and change of lan cables. nothing ive done has managed to change the fluctuating pings from 8ms up to around 40ms which happens on idle connection and when attempting to congest the line. same thing with the packet loss. 

ive tried isp support and no luck, but ive got another support request in with ping plotter logs so hopefully i can get it sorted. 2-5% packet lose is frustrating as hell, but im positive ive narrowed it down to the 'line' as i get the same results computer wired direct to modem, which i hadnt last time i spoke to them so they basically ignored me after the basic line test

It might be we need more settings available for IPv6 which I have requested before that can work. Though it shouldn't be too much of an issue not receiving pings, won't be related to chat as that's not working on IPv4 either. If it happens direct to the modem then you're definitely barking up the right tree, could even be the modem itself.

I guess I was hoping I found the smoking gun you needed to fix chat.

I've been chasing this issue around in circles pretty much since this service was connected last December, ive changed providers thinking the issue could have been due to the ISP handled backhual and there connectivity, to a provider who has the greatest connectivity availible here and was disappointed to discover no change to the issue I wanted to address.

But I wasn't expecting that my pings to overseas servers such as Asian servers and also US servers are 20-30ms lower then the old provider, which was a nice surprise.

Sorry about blabbing on, I guess I'm looking for any info about HFC connections you might be able to share. As the cabling from my wall socket to the street, and then to the network infrastructure for my area is all brand new, new trenches were dug for it less then 2 years ago so its probably unlikely there a 'fault' that can be repaired.

With HFC being a shared service so to speak, am I expecting something its just not able to deliver, ie achieving a steady ping with little to no jitter and no detectable packet loss. The lowest packet loss I've been able to record in ping plotter over a 10 minute period is about 3 %, and the average would be 5%. Thats on a idle connection and it doesn't seam to matter if I try to congest the line amount of packet loss is the same.

Is a ping of 8ms that bounces to 40ms about half the time, with less then 5% packet loss, about as good as HFC gets? Am I being unreasonable expecting something much better then this?

With no other choice now adsl has been switched off in my area, and so far not hearing anything encouraging from my ISP, im looking for guidance whether I should continue trying to resolve this or just give up. 

Anyone having good experience on HFC? If so where you from? Any Aussies with nbn HFC getting better service then I am?

• Administrators

We have reproduced the chat issue, just a case of narrowing down why that's happening so it's definitely something we'll be able to fix. As it's shared, have you checked really late at night/very early in the morning to see if the ping/packet loss is reduced? Packet loss is normal to a certain extent but it's usually less than 1% on a decent line so being shared I can see that probably being about average - I don't know too much about it but that would be my expectation, especially if it does reduce during quiet times

Thats good to hear that you have determined the cause of the chat issue, im sure many people will be happy to hear that.

Yes, that's best case scenario, tested at times of lowest usage rate for my area as per the providers CVC bandwidth utilisation graph. Peak usage only marginally increases both the packet lose percentage and the highest peak range for ping (ie the 40ms can go to 70ms)

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Private Greenie said:

Thats good to hear that you have determined the cause of the chat issue, im sure many people will be happy to hear that.

Yes, that's best case scenario, tested at times of lowest usage rate for my area as per the providers CVC bandwidth utilisation graph. Peak usage only marginally increases both the packet lose percentage and the highest peak range for ping (ie the 40ms can go to 70ms)

Sounds about average for your connection then unfortunately, maybe they will be able to do something though!