NEW R1 FIRMWARE: 3.0.207

Netduma Liam

On 4/9/2021 at 12:44 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Private Greenie have you put any devices in the DMZ or anything like that at all? Have you disabled any of the protection options in WAN Settings?

I think the Geo-Filter entries/settings are fine, of course you'll need to enable Filtering Mode there.

no DMZ, and default wan settings as per the auto configure when promoted 'do you want to auto configure based on inputted bandwidth values on set up. following that post, i have tired various setting changes in Wan and elsewhere, and currently have all check boxes unticked, due to the firmware upgrade breaking my connection (in game experience, im referring too) and have been able to get cod playable and is everything but enjoyable, despite the previous beta version (3.0.x) which had been providing consistently and reliably, the best quality connection in game and it didnt need any setting changes after configuring the  the Qos speeds and 70/70 slider. no geo filter or hyperlane necessary.

please see attached log, as it has the following errors regarding crashing. this is aftee every reboot, it also happens after disconnecting from power and waiting more then 10 minutes before repowering the R1, and then after another 15-20 minutes rebooting it again and waiting atleast 10 minutes before logging into the r1. this is also experienced in trying to access certain config pages in the R1 OS such as device manager, and has happened on QOS and geofilter but most often its the other various features with report Rapp unable to load, please wait longer before trying to use rapp 

Wed Apr 14 10:01:42 2021 user.emerg syslog: Instance ndhttpd::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

also 

log-1618367585620.txt

On 4/5/2021 at 6:09 AM, e38BimmerFN said:

@Netduma Fraser I can confirm that MS xbox party chat is still not working on this version of FW. I can start a party but soon as someone attempts to join it disconnects and errors out. If I attempt to join a party invite, It sits there and says "connecting" then errors out after about 15 seconds. I'm taking my R1 off line and putting my R2 online. 

i confirm that that this exactly my experience of party chat on r1

• Administrators
On 4/12/2021 at 5:02 PM, Swgohlegend said:

I’m still waiting to resolve my issue with the

I've chased the dev on this.

13 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

no DMZ, and default wan settings as per the auto configure when promoted 'do you want to auto configure based on inputted bandwidth values on set up. following that post, i have tired various setting changes in Wan and elsewhere, and currently have all check boxes unticked, due to the firmware upgrade breaking my connection (in game experience, im referring too) and have been able to get cod playable and is everything but enjoyable, despite the previous beta version (3.0.x) which had been providing consistently and reliably, the best quality connection in game and it didnt need any setting changes after configuring the  the Qos speeds and 70/70 slider. no geo filter or hyperlane necessary.

please see attached log, as it has the following errors regarding crashing. this is aftee every reboot, it also happens after disconnecting from power and waiting more then 10 minutes before repowering the R1, and then after another 15-20 minutes rebooting it again and waiting atleast 10 minutes before logging into the r1. this is also experienced in trying to access certain config pages in the R1 OS such as device manager, and has happened on QOS and geofilter but most often its the other various features with report Rapp unable to load, please wait longer before trying to use rapp 

Wed Apr 14 10:01:42 2021 user.emerg syslog: Instance ndhttpd::instance1 s in a crash loop 6 crashes, 0 seconds since last crash

also 

log-1618367585620.txt 17.37 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks for the info, did you have this on the previous beta version at all? Has anything else in your network changed?

7 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

i confirm that that this exactly my experience of party chat on r1

We're still looking into that unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I've chased the dev on this.

Thanks for the info, did you have this on the previous beta version at all? Has anything else in your network changed?

We're still looking into that unfortunately.

no, same isp and modem, 1 PC, 1 Xbox series X, 1 galaxy phone, 1 PC.

basically everything was perfect connection wise but i couldn't continue on the previous beta firmware due to the party chat issue, so reluctantly downgraded to non dumaOS, and connections on that was very hit or miss it was one of those really wish i hadn't done that scenario now. However the most recent firmware prior to the current 1 i had only used a few times over a few gaming sessions for less then a week, and cant speak to usability or crashing  in that time because i was excited to game after getting the immediate A+ benchmark report and didnt bother with changing any other settings. i spent maybe a few minutes opening each page once to look.

i didn't notice the crashed app logs when when i found those couple issues i first reported on this firmware and it was only  however the short amount of displayed log before expiring from the displayed log in browser which is why i download the notes version incase that offers you any way to assist you. The rapp and/or web browser instability issue was usually only an issue on ant version of the firmware v1, v2 or v3 was only after what i considered somewhat identifiable causes such as having the geofilter page left open in browser for excessive time periods or if the device hadn't been restarted for long periods of time.

i long ago needed to get into the habit of disconnection the power lead for a minute before reconnecting it on my cable modem router immediately prior to ALL online gaming sessions due to it being suggested by the isp following a tech support issue, and that's something i have somewhat continued two decades now and used less now but i would try to restart  the R1 using the browser button when having issues or when i thought it necessary.

• Administrators

@Private Greenie I think we should try and lock down the router/exclude it from the main setup and see whether you notice any changes in the logs. What is the ISP modem/router model? Do you have a spare router to put between the modem and R1? If possible connect all devices other than one PC to monitor the R1 to something else and see what occurs with the logs

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Privado Greenie Creo que deberíamos intentar bloquear el enrutador / excluirlo de la configuración principal y ver si nota algún cambio en los registros. ¿Cuál es el modelo de módem / enrutador ISP? ¿Tiene un enrutador de repuesto para colocar entre el módem y el R1? Si es posible, conecte todos los dispositivos que no sean una PC para monitorear el R1 a otra cosa y ver qué ocurre con los registros.

el modem de mi operador es un arris tg2482a 

15 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@Private Greenie I think we should try and lock down the router/exclude it from the main setup and see whether you notice any changes in the logs. What is the ISP modem/router model? Do you have a spare router to put between the modem and R1? If possible connect all devices other than one PC to monitor the R1 to something else and see what occurs with the logs

so we're worried about what I had feared about before posting is actually a possibility. sure i can try that for you, I live alone so I have only 1 pc, but if i just need to swap the Ethernet cable to check the logs that's fine

I haven't been using the ISP supplied router as its pretty much junk and running locked down firmware with many features unable to changed, but I can use it or several others i have lying around that were kept as back ups just in case as i got caught out by a failed modem once before. 

I have a Arris model CM8200B P2, It is the modem which connects to the aussie NBN and needs to be connected to a router, and as soon as i realized i didn't need to connect to the ISP supplied router and then too the Netduma i removed it immediately, it would overheat (it being the start of the aussie summer when i was connected) and need to be restarted every day to maintain a connection to the internet.

The ISP supplied router is a Belong 4353 i believe its a sagecom device rebranded for the ISP as it came with a sagecom power supply.

In-between my last message and now i have tried doing the duma os beta file again, and completed the whole recommended update procedure again as the netduma became unusable due to instability and most pages couldn't be opened to check or set settings. error messages about rraps not loading yet and to wait amount or just constant blank widgets that look like there trying to refresh. i did however make 1 change to that procedure and i factory reset the R1 prior to doing the update (or reapply the latest firmware as in my case) then updated the firmware, and then factory reset it again before continuing the set up. all using incognito Chrome web browser.

I noticed that the WAN settings page this time was different in the enabled options then it was last time as everything was enabled except port scan protection. im sure thats not how it was the first time i updated it, as i remember reading a forum post by one of your team about keeping allow access to netduma staff disabled unless needed as well as allow ping, and im sure i had checked for that setup same as i did this time so it stuck out. I now only have Port scan protection and  Syn Flood protection enabled

Also i increased the amount of times the RRaps are attempted to be started in a hope things will be less likely to not be usable and have noticed some improvement but not perfect, still fails to load some items when opening tabs but no failures recorded in the logs.

the power supply supplied i noticed looked lose so when i unplugged the country adapter supplied and went to connect it again it no longer held on well at all, and without some assistance wouldn't remain attached for very long at all, luckily my supply of no longer needed ISP supplied gear had a correct fitting power supply with identical specs, that no longer requires use of the adapter. this shouldn't be an issue should it?

i took a screenshot of the Wan settings i forgot about so here it is, plus these other 2 show another issue ive now discovered is that even though ive given my xbox a static address the netduma in the upnp section is showing it as the xbox and shortly into the game when i check to see what port in game is shown it shows the device as deleted. this coincides with a noticeable difference in gun fights in that game, as in i was getting the expected hit detection and after a few minutes in the game it completely reversed to as it took multiple shots before any register even a guy laying on the ground facing the other way it too 5 bullets before they started to register. 

a.PNG

dhcp.PNG

deleted device.PNG

• Administrators

Thanks for all that, the adapter should be fine, are you still experiencing those log entries now?

How is the Xbox connected is it via WiFi or ethernet?

Could you click the 3 dots in the top right of the interface and go to time zone please and check you have the right time selected? Sometimes having that incorrect can cause some odd issues. Also unpin all panels from the dashboard and then reboot from the interface please and see if you still notice the odd behavior with the device

those strange IPs? no have yet to see them. im connected by cable to xbox. ill attach the log if there interested, it still showing apps failing and even an entry saying its giving up on trying to restart them.

my time zone is correctly set. ill try that on the dashboard.

thanks for helping so far, to everyone involved.

log-1618614722018 17.4.21.txt

• Administrators

Okay that's promising! The device should appear online when traffic is passing through, if you do a speed test on it does it go online?

We'll need to look at that then, are all the other pages fine and its just settings?

now? yes after redoing the upgrade, yes just settings keeps crashing. so no traffic is passing on my xbox while in game and thats why its showing offline. i took that screen shot after noticing that happen in game several times, i respawned and took it. do you mean speedtest on the xbox? 

and super impressed by the weekend reply's, wasn't expecting that, thumbs up.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Private Greenie said:

now? yes after redoing the upgrade, yes just settings keeps crashing. so no traffic is passing on my xbox while in game and thats why its showing offline. i took that screen shot after noticing that happen in game several times, i respawned and took it. do you mean speedtest on the xbox? 

and super impressed by the weekend reply's, wasn't expecting that, thumbs up.

Yes that will be why, yes a speedtest on the Xbox, just do something online and it should go to online if it's working correctly.

Do you leave the interface open the whole time by the way? That could be why it's crashing. Thanks!

5 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

Im waiting for the team to resolve my issue? When would I able to use the update? Cher’s ✌️

I've chased the team and asked them to do it on Monday, sorry for the delay.

On 4/18/2021 at 1:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that will be why, yes a speedtest on the Xbox, just do something online and it should go to online if it's working correctly.

Do you leave the interface open the whole time by the way? That could be why it's crashing. Thanks!

I've chased the team and asked them to do it on Monday, sorry for the delay.

Still waiting here.....

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

How dies netduma have access to my router? 

They'll connect remotely using your IP address, although that seems to have changed to IPv6 which we can't use, if you could disable that and post back here I'll give them the new IP

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

They'll connect remotely using your IP address, although that seems to have changed to IPv6 which we can't use, if you could disable that and post back here I'll give them the new IP

Okay I did that.