NEW R2 FIRMWARE: 3.0.205

Netduma Liam

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, Etherealize said:

Hi is there any temp firmware I can download because the raps taking forever or not even loading is driving me insane. Thank you. 

The next firmware shouldn't be too far off now and should hopefully completely fix the issue

On 10/20/2021 at 6:39 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The next firmware shouldn't be too far off now and should hopefully completely fix the issue

Do you have an estimate on the new firmware update for netduma R2? The current firmware keep giving me issue when with flush cloud under geofilter and giving error now if I use my MAC computer to access to the router settings.

1 hour ago, Dragonmaster1234 said:

Do you have an estimate on the new firmware update for netduma R2? The current firmware keep giving me issue when with flush cloud under geofilter and giving error now if I use my MAC computer to access to the router settings.

We don't have an estimate I'm afraid, but it shouldn't be too far away now. Try using Google Chrome on your Mac instead of Safari.

On 6/28/2021 at 11:03 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

We are working on it, I don't think it will be too much longer!

Another week that my R2 remains shutdown, I really hope that this update comes soon.

On 22/10/2021 at 19:40, Netduma Fraser said:

Nous travaillons très dur pour le sortir le plus tôt possible et ensuite il devrait être beaucoup plus stable !

Bonjour @Netduma Fraser est ce qu'il y aura une amélioration pour le QOS dans la prochaine mise à jours ?  ☺️ 

19 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Cela inclura des choses comme des corrections de bugs et des améliorations de précision, oui. Rencontrez-vous des problèmes spécifiques avec la qualité de service ?

Non mais parfois j'ai un bug sur Bandwidth Allocation ^^  "update distribution" parfois ne fonctionne pas je suis obliger de faire  3 or 4 refrech de la page !!!

1 hour ago, ZeNiT said:

No but sometimes I have a bug on Bandwidth Allocation ^^ "update distribution" sometimes does not work I have to do 3 or 4 refrech of the page !!!

En quoi ça ne marche pas ? Si vous apportez des modifications, cliquez sur 'Mettre à jour la distribution', attendez 5 secondes puis actualisez la page, les modifications sont-elles conservées ?

28 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

En quoi ça ne marche pas ? Si vous apportez des modifications, cliquez sur 'Mettre à jour la distribution', attendez 5 secondes puis actualisez la page, les modifications sont-elles conservées ?

c'est difficile à expliquer ... Je pense que c'est un petit bug, je met 80% à ma PS5 et 20% à mon PC j'appuie sur Update Distribution, je vais dans le geofiltre... et quand je retourne sur le QOS la Bandswitch revient par défaut à 50%/50%^^ Je suis obliger de refaire la manipulation et rafraichir la page et cela fonctionne .

36 minutes ago, ZeNiT said:

it's difficult to explain ... I think it's a small bug, I put 80% to my PS5 and 20% to my PC I press Update Distribution, I go to the geofilter ... and when I returns to the QOS the Bandswitch returns by default to 50% / 50% ^^ I have to redo the manipulation and refresh the page and it works.

D'accord, il est généralement recommandé de l'attendre environ 5 secondes après avoir cliqué sur "Mettre à jour la distribution" pour que les modifications s'appliquent complètement. Ce sera avant de quitter la page Web ou d'actualiser la page.

Hi Netduma,

Small glitches with stock firm

I have a question I still rock the factory firmware on my NetdumaR2 and besides having to remove a device from the device list first. It it was prior connected wirelessy and I now try to connected with a cable Lan. Then for some reason Lan wouldnt work, only wifi. I had to disconnect the device from both lan and wifi first. Then remove it from device list (otherwise you can't) and then connect it through the lan cable (like a new device) and it works perfectly.

Other issue I have from time to time (when my ISP resets the modem after an internet speed upgrade) my Netduma doesn't give me more then 25Mbps (I know still fast, but still). Then I have to tick and untick the Disable QoS (normally it is enabled and get full speed) and after I get the new full speed, resetting the NetdumaR2 doesn't help, I Just have to do that.

Positive Note!

And for the rest it always works perfectly. Everyday of the week I get 100Mbps (800 Mbit) solid. Never a single dip! DSL report everything is A+ same as the tests in the Netduma Dashboard. I watch 4k Netflix on 3 devices at the same time. 2 PS5 are on and I AM downloading almost max speed for work on my desktop and because of the perfect distribution everything works without lose of quality and or dips, where else do you see that?

The question and postive note 2

Do I miss anything with staying on the stock firmware? My house is 160m2 and eventhough everyone has 5G unlimited, my printer upstairs have enough wifi, same as the tv's upstairs. I install TP-link repeaters in everyone house, but for me the Netduma is enough upstairs (always have been). I also have a 5G T-Mobile router I can take everywhere also abroad, and I never needed it upstairs only for the yard. I see plenty of people with issues here and I AM not saying they don't exist, but especially when you have issue, you search for help and reply here. So I thought after not replying on anything for months and months I had to make a positive note, because everyday no matter what (especially since we all work at home) we enjoy that everything just works! 

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback @fakkel glad to hear you're having a great experience! You can see what fixes/changes you're missing out on from the changelog on the first post of this topic and also here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/ they're too long to post here. If you're having a good experience though and you don't feel like you're missing out then as they if it isn't broken don't fix it!

Hi,

I only new issue I seem to have is with the Geo-location. I have a really though time to add Friends to the allow list, not adding Them is though but it still blocks them, nevertheless. I used the NetdumaR1 before for years and the XR500 and if a friend did the PlayStation networks test to go on and offline, then it would always work. Now I have had multiple Friends having to restart their routers completely as everything else just doesn't work.

I do add them to the allow list with the km range on max and I see them red on the map, but I still can't talk to them in the PSN party chat. Showing a pop-up that my friend has nat type issue. If I Disable Geo-location we van directly talk again, same when I use the NetdumaR1.

Other thing is for me with the NetdumaR2 when I could finally hear nu Friends after the rebooted their routers. Eventhough I set my the Geo-location settings on strict and 150km max is still connects me with people outside the area, I see them pop-up white.

As before when I Just started using Geo-location and didnt add anyone yet. It would literally block everyone and anyone outside that range to the point I wouldnt even be able to find a game, but atleast it works.

Why is adding someone easy, but the router actually picking it up so hard compared to NetdumaR1 and why does my strict Geo-location now longer works after I added people to the allow list. I add them specifically in a party chat only, so no in the game, to make a mistake to add the wrong person and or server. On the NetdumaR1 I have the precise same setting and added the same people and it would start an entire Destiny 2 strike on my own (eventhough it is matchmaking) that is how good it work if Inforget to change it, but with the NetdumaR2 everyone slips through the net.

Does that mean I need to update it? Where these standard issues that were adressen, because I can't get the Geo-location to work smoothely and I have been using Netduma products since the NetdumaR1 came out! And never had An issue besides someone had to disconnect for a second if I could still not hear them in chat and that was it.

Please help and advise me.

• Administrators

Something else will be blocked on the map that is preventing you talking - unless it's cross platform play then that just may not work. Likely the Geo-Filter was enabled when connections had already been made and were therefore allowed. You can't go into Destiny on your own anymore using the router. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
22 minutes ago, Rez said:

I gave up on the r2. It doesn’t work. Even the patch that was sent didn’t work. I won’t be buying another netduma product. 

Probably that it needs to be replaced as it's faulty rather than the firmware not working properly, if we continued to troubleshoot we could sorted one out for you