XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crazy Cat said:

Hi fraser, could you give me the link please?

The latest full release for the XR700 can be found here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/xr700#Firmware Version 1.0.1.38

The latest beta release can be found here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOS-3-0-Beta-Firmware/td-p/2019958

On 2/17/2021 at 1:01 PM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for your reply, I am interested in the duma os 3.0 updates.

I thought there was a later version released over the XR700-V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6, which is the only one that makes me download from your second link

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

Thanks for your reply, I am interested in the duma os 3.0 updates.

I thought there was a later version released over the XR700-V1.0.1.34_Dumaos3.0_6, which is the only one that makes me download from your second link

We've only released the one beta build for the XR700 currently but are working on the next version at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 4:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We've only released the one beta build for the XR700 currently but are working on the next version at the moment.

Any news on a new beta build?

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 1:59 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

No new version yet but we're working on it, we are working on builds for several routers so it does take some time

What’s up 🤥 in a week right , just messing with you when is it really coming out 

AF82644E-DEFD-48AC-9ECA-DE777AA0F58F.jpeg

• Administrators
10 hours ago, robert27841 said:

What’s up 🤥 in a week right , just messing with you when is it really coming out 

I didn't say that :D We don't give out ETAs for firmware as it is always subject to change and we learnt a long time ago that saying a date and missing it is worse 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hahaha. This is so funny. I was clearing out my bookmarks and found this forum again.

In May 2020 I gave up on the XR700. We were promised DumaOS 3.0 with Geofencing :) (Wow!!!)

Some people laughed at me and said I would regret sending the XR700 back.

So let me get this straight. Since news came out of DumaOS 3.0 people waited for over 1 year to get the Beta. Now it is 13 months since the beta came out and there is no new beta or final release. No ETA is good - because there is NO Time of Arrival.

I hate being right all the time, but XR700 is dead, was dead and will be dead. 

I'll come by here in a year or so and see the progress. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not...

What do you think?

2 hours ago, BSdetector said:

Hahaha. This is so funny. I was clearing out my bookmarks and found this forum again.

In May 2020 I gave up on the XR700. We were promised DumaOS 3.0 with Geofencing :) (Wow!!!)

Some people laughed at me and said I would regret sending the XR700 back.

So let me get this straight. Since news came out of DumaOS 3.0 people waited for over 1 year to get the Beta. Now it is 13 months since the beta came out and there is no new beta or final release. No ETA is good - because there is NO Time of Arrival.

I hate being right all the time, but XR700 is dead, was dead and will be dead. 

I'll come by here in a year or so and see the progress. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not...

What do you think?

I agree , complete let down and your post just triggered me to  sell mine on eBay and move to Asus Ax86u , I’m done with Netgear , no where near as good as Asus in supporting there products , just blow smoke 

I took a screenshot of this post I made if you take it down I'll just post it on twitter with a link to this form .

I just wished that you and netduma and netgear would stop giving us the run around people are done with it , just release the update 

you can make a update for the R2 and the XR500 and XR1000 every week but not the XR700 that just crazy 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, robert27841 said:

I took a screenshot of this post I made if you take it down I'll just post it on twitter with a link to this form 

There is no need to behave like that, I don't control when firmware is released and I don't work on it myself. I get you're frustrated but that doesn't mean you can take it out on others. There is nothing I've lied about in that comment, all you're showing is me trying to get information for customers.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There is no need to behave like that, I don't control when firmware is released and I don't work on it myself. I get you're frustrated but that doesn't mean you can take it out on others. There is nothing I've lied about in that comment, all you're showing is me trying to get information for customers.

here we go a again this is what I'm talking about the run around ,if you don't have control then get someone on the  form that does and explain why we haven't had an update for over 9 months it's just crazy on how fast y'all can make a firmare update for the R2,XR500,XR1000 and not the XR700 I'm speaking for every XR700 owner.

every time  you post something Fraser is we just released firmware update for R2 and XR450/XR500 and NO info of any kind about the XR700 

this form page is called 

not the R2 or XR450/XR500 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, robert27841 said:

here we go a again this is what I'm talking about the run around ,if you don't have control then get someone on the  form that does and explain why we haven't had an update for over 9 months it's just crazy on how fast y'all can make a firmare update for the R2,XR500,XR1000 and not the XR700 I'm speaking for every XR700 owner.

every time  you post something Fraser is we just released firmware update for R2 and XR450/XR500 and NO info of any kind about the XR700 

this form page is called 

not the R2 or XR450/XR500 

Regardless, you can't just disrespect staff because you're frustrated, it won't do anything to get the firmware here sooner - all the devs are working on firmware, that's why they rarely post. When I have news to share I will post