XR700 Beta DumaOs 3.0 & Fw. V1.0.1.36

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's entirely up to you, the next beta build should have the .36 security fixes included.

So is it update to .36 then 3.0 ,not touched mine and still on .34 which is solid .thanks

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

So is it update to .36 then 3.0 ,not touched mine and still on .34 which is solid .thanks

Updating in sequence doesn't matter, you could skip to the beta straight away if you wanted. If that works for you then great!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Looks like you got it updated!

.36 is a security update for the pre-beta firmware so it won't include any of the new features from the beta.

Any idea when the .36 beta will arrive - stayed on .34 as wanted to check out 3.0 and the Duma app which all seems good .thanks 

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, sharpz44 said:

Any idea when the .36 beta will arrive - stayed on .34 as wanted to check out 3.0 and the Duma app which all seems good .thanks 

The .36 security fixes will be included in the next beta build. Glad you're liking it!

Cold War for pc is not being recognized by qos dumaos classified games, is this normal behavior?

Also I’m on fiber 300/300 mbps up/down, but when I connect to wired access points I only get 180/300. When connecting directly to the XR700 I get the full 300/300. I have sharing excess enabled in qos. 

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, nferguzl said:

Cold War for pc is not being recognized by qos dumaos classified games, is this normal behavior?

Also I’m on fiber 300/300 mbps up/down, but when I connect to wired access points I only get 180/300. When connecting directly to the XR700 I get the full 300/300. I have sharing excess enabled in qos. 

We have to classify the game so that is normal. Add it using the Game Console service or ports for now.

When you're connected to the AP are you connecting to it via ethernet or wifi and is there a difference in speed?

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We have to classify the game so that is normal. Add it using the Game Console service or ports for now.

When you're connected to the AP are you connecting to it via ethernet or wifi and is there a difference in speed?

The game console service would be add device under qos traffic prioritization?

The AP is wired to the xr700 but when I do the speed tests I connect through wifi both to the AP or the xr700.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, nferguzl said:

The game console service would be add device under qos traffic prioritization?

The AP is wired to the xr700 but when I do the speed tests I connect through wifi both to the AP or the xr700.

Yes exactly. Are you able to connect wired to the AP and see if that works?

22 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes exactly. Are you able to connect wired to the AP and see if that works?

The AP is a unifi uap-ac-pro stuck to the ceiling, so it only allows wifi clients. 

Edit: If I stand closer to the AP transfer rate does improve so it seems the xr700 is sharing excess bandwidth correctly.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, nferguzl said:

The AP is a unifi uap-ac-pro stuck to the ceiling, so it only allows wifi clients. 

Edit: If I stand closer to the AP transfer rate does improve so it seems the xr700 is sharing excess bandwidth correctly.

Ah interesting, are you able to change the channel to try and improve this over distance?

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah interesting, are you able to change the channel to try and improve this over distance?

Yes I might try this.

Meanwhile shall I add the pc to traffic prioritization or which ports will I have to prioritize?

• Administrators
11 hours ago, nferguzl said:

Yes I might try this.

Meanwhile shall I add the pc to traffic prioritization or which ports will I have to prioritize?

You can add it using the games console service or using these ports:

https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-cold-war/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
17 minutes ago, busolof said:

Hey,

can update from 1.0.1.24 to 1.0.1.36

what i do after update!!

reset or use settings was before updateing

Yes you can, I would recommend doing a factory reset after every upgrade to ensure no legacy issues from the previous firmware carry over.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, nferguzl said:

Can saved settings from previous firmware be restored after a factory reset? Or is it better to change settings without restoring?

If you restore a config from a previous version that could cause issues if anything that was changed is included in what is saved in the file. Always better to start fresh. Once you've done that and everything is working well then you could make a file to restore if you needed to reset on that same version for example.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, busolof said:

Hello again,

that version 1.0.1.36 is that beta for Dumaos 3.0

No it isn't this is the latest beta for XR700: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/XR700-DumaOS-3-0-Beta-Firmware/td-p/2019958/jump-to/first-unread-message

• 2 weeks later...